Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:49 am

» New to Me Swing
aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Aftermarket exhaust.

Go down 
+10
Cosmic_Jumper
GoonerKev
GHM-PM
Ze'ev
Lost it
Mighty Mouse
Hondafreak
Leena H
Jolly Bodger
JamieB
14 posters
AuthorMessage
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. Empty
PostSubject: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi all, great weather in the uk, riding constantly.

After some advice please on a delkelvik exhaust, seen them on EBay and looking to purchase.

They do say that they can just be bolted on with no need for any engine remaps, just wondered how true this is.

Would love to buy one, install it and bike run as it should?
Back to top Go down
Jolly Bodger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2016-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 7:20 pm

Hi JamieB,
I have a Delkevic on my SWing. Sounds good no issues running, bit of popping on over run.
I'm also in the North West (Chorley) so if you want to have a look and listen, you are welcome.
JB
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2016-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 4:04 am

aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. Img_3412

Bought mine straight from the www.delkevic.co.uk site. I think it was even cheaper there. They have a very good customers service, that helps you, if you have anything to ask. I'm happy with my carbon fibre muffler, because it doesn't get too hot and burn your soft panniers like I did with my previous scooter with Vans muffler. Nice looking too and easy to install.
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi and thank you all, what is the length please?, looks great.
Back to top Go down
Jolly Bodger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2016-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 5:59 pm

I have the 350mm Stainless steel Stubby Oval
JB
Back to top Go down
Hondafreak
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2016-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 6:38 pm

I have Delkevic on my SW and a couple other bikes. They are a good buy. The only thing to be aware of is: they dent/scratch very easily.
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 6:22 am

Mine is 350 mm oval carbon fibre. Doesn't scratch or scratches don't show if you get any.
Back to top Go down
Mighty Mouse
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Mighty Mouse

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2017-05-03

PostSubject: 350mm Oval Carbon Delkevic   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 1:12 am

I would like to give Delkevic a punt on this topic! I finally got around to upgrading and throwing away my 15kg elephant of a can. The plan has always been to bring in a Delkevic as they are designed to fit and improve the performance on the Swing. Which task they noticeably do!

As always when ordering from the other side of the world, my order arrived wrong - but in the unheard of time of only 48 hours! The staff in the UK are first class and I had the replacement part within another 48 hours. Plug n play!

I'm super happy, so much so that we will be reselling exhausts to the South African market. The quality of the stainless is top notch and the welding beyond that of a Yoshi at half the price of anything comparable.I cannot yet comment of the long term condition of the can but have read that they last and last without scratches or rust.

The main reason for getting this can is to become more noticeable on the road - so the baffle came out right away. The sound is sublime!

aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. IgPtji7

aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. Io8f8EM

aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. Z142kkl
Back to top Go down
Lost it
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2019-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 6:32 am

Just bought one of these. Had to be done...
Back to top Go down
Ze'ev
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2015-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2019 8:15 am

This muffler has heat protector? is it that round thingy on the middle?
Back to top Go down
Mighty Mouse
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Mighty Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 2:13 am

This particular can is carbon, so does not get particularly hot to the touch. The round thingie would be the mount to stop it from flapping around.
Back to top Go down
Lost it
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2019-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 9:44 am

Just watch out if you decide to remove the baffle in the Delkevic, make sure you have a hold of the baffle else it will fall in and then you have to take the whole box off... It's not magnetic.

Although it sounds grand with the baffle in.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 8:45 pm

Here is the link for US owners:

https://delkevic.com/ds70-9-carbon-fiber-oval-muffler-to-fit-silverwing-fsc600-2002-2014/

I like the idea but not sure if the O2 sensor would be a factor in the newer models.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 3:34 am

Lost it
I'm still thinking of getting that exhaust, did it go on OK and was there any noticeable "Pop's" !
Kev Wink
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 11:32 am

The legendary ScooterBJ, of the late "Scooter Rider" magazine, replaced his Silverwing muffler with one Hayabusa muffler. IIRC his reasoning was that at ~600cc the Silverwing is approximately half the size of a Hayabusa. Here's a link to his post (regretably the photos there have expired):

https://www.silverwing600.com/t7569-home-brew-bjabusa-custom-exhaust?highlight=Hayabusa
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 11:16 pm

Tim
A very nteresting read and quite heated at times, getting over their views. But good discussions Wink

Kev
Back to top Go down
Hiyo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Hiyo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2019-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2019 4:58 pm

Well my Honda muffler is OK but the chrome heatshield is trashed, (previous owner). So since a new chrome guard is $90+$20 for the end cap a new Delkevic with less weight seems like a good choice. I think the Delkevic can is about $169. I am ok with a bit throatier sound. I will take 5# over 25# anyway. Hey which would you rather use at the Isle of Mann?
Back to top Go down
Mighty Mouse
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Mighty Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 3:25 am

FYI. 2 images of cans installed the same month just over a year ago. The Akrapovic is rusting badly - Delkevic still brand new although I have updated my bike in the meantime! The Akrapovic owner cleans his bike regularly as the rest of the bike looks new.

aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. GJae4rK

aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. HBCh7lT

Admin edit. Link to DelkevicUSA site: https://delkevic.com/motorcycles/honda/2012-models/silverwing-fsc600/
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 4:10 am

I’ve had the same Delkevich mufler for three years now. No promblems at all. I’m totally happy with it: snootth lookong, light and doesn’t get burnig hot after riding SW. Had my pannier’s bottom burn with another mufler sith my previous scooter.

Admin edit. Link to Delkevic site:
https://delkevic.com/motorcycles/honda/2012-models/silverwing-fsc600/
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 3:48 pm

Well it’s took me a while but just ordered the exhaust.

Gone for the stainless oval 350mm in the end, should be here in a couple of days.😀
Back to top Go down
Hiyo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Hiyo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2019-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 10:24 pm

The install was easy. It feels more responsive to me but there is a bit of backfire which diminished over the first 150 miles and was mainly present at full on to full stop. I'm not one for the loud pipes saving lives thing but the scoot has a nice throaty sound that I like. I believe mine is the 18" one and it's all stainless
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 2:29 pm

Hi, exhaust fitted, looks great sounds great, MOT booked for Saturday Smile
Back to top Go down
fergal45
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
fergal45

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2020-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 5:30 am

JamieB how did the fit of your exhaust go, are you pleased with the result???
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 12:42 pm

Hi all, yes went very well, straight forward.

I do like the fruitier sound and the pop and fart on over run is music to my ears!
Back to top Go down
fergal45
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
fergal45

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2020-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 2:31 pm

JamieB have ordered mine today so looking forward getting it on my bike, thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 2:33 pm

You will love it,the sound is amazing.

Forgot to mention they supplied the wrong size clamp with mine,rang them and they popped one in the post.

Great customer service.
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 3:23 pm

Just updated my avatar, better picture of the Delkelvic.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 8:21 pm

JamieB wrote:
You will love it,the sound is amazing.

Forgot to mention they supplied the wrong size clamp with mine,rang them and they popped one in the post.

Great customer service.

They did the same thing to me clamp wouldn't tighten at pipe but I improvised  and cut a hose clamp and fitted inside tight now. 18" Oval sounds great.aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. Pxl_2014
Back to top Go down
Mighty Mouse
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Mighty Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 6:33 am

Think you guys with the chrome Delkevics need to let them know you had a problem with the supplied clamp. They are very receptive to any issues and need to know if they are supplying it wrong?
Back to top Go down
dniwe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2018-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2022 3:35 am

Mech 1 twa wrote:
18" Oval sounds great.

How hot it gets during/after a ride?
Can not decide between SS and carbon. Carbon seem proven doesn't get hot too much, but what about SS?
I have GIVI plastic panniers, a bit worry about its possible melting.

TIA!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket exhaust.   aftermarket  oem belt - Aftermarket exhaust. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket exhaust.
Page 1 of 1