Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Throttle rocker I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Throttle rocker I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Throttle rocker I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Throttle rocker I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Throttle rocker I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Throttle rocker I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Throttle rocker I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Throttle rocker I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Throttle rocker I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Throttle rocker I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Throttle rocker

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimmyk
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2018-01-23

Throttle rocker Empty
PostSubject: Throttle rocker   Throttle rocker I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 5:11 pm

Does anyone have a throttle rocker on their SW?
I’m not home to measure the thickness of the throttle, but would like to order one.
It seems like one for a cruiser might be too big.
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2017-05-13

Throttle rocker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throttle rocker   Throttle rocker I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 5:19 pm

Jimmy, Vista cruise makes a simple reliable adjustable throttle lock for your 7/8 handlebars.

They are inexpensive and I keep them on hand for the fellows, Installation takes about an hour.

Lloyd 193.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Throttle rocker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throttle rocker   Throttle rocker I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 5:54 pm

This is the one I've had on several motorcycles including my SWing. It's pretty inexpensive and works well. I've never had a problem with them. You can adjust the tension/friction so you can still turn the throttle if you want in case of needing to panic stop. Or if you want you can adjust it tight enough to really hold the throttle where you set it. I have known that sometimes while climbing an upgrade, or downgrade on the highway I'd have to release it either for more or less speed. But on the flats it's great.

One note tho which didn't affect its operation: If you look at the bottom of the pic there's that square U which goes over the throttle cable. I did have to take a file and widen it a bit because it was too narrow to fit. No problem. It's plastic.

https://www.bikebandit.com/aftermarket-parts/control-brakes/throttles-universal/vista-cruise/p/37587
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Throttle rocker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throttle rocker   Throttle rocker I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 1:31 am

I have a Kaoko throttle holder on my bike, I've had it on my previous Silver Wings as well. Not cheap but works well. It's similar to the Throttle Meister but is easier to use when wearing gloves.
One very handy throttle assist is the Cramp Buster. Much more useful than the throttle holder. Only about ten dollars, easy and quick to install this little device sure takes the pressure off your right hand and allows one to hold a constant throttle with just the weight of your hand. I strongly recommend this device, worth many times its price on a long trip. I use the narrow one and cut the arm down to about an inch long. That way it can't snag on one's glove. You really don't need the leverage of the long arm anyway.
https://www.crampbuster.com/

Back to top Go down

Throttle rocker
Page 1 of 1