Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello from a newbie from South Daktoa
by dragonknight76 Yesterday at 11:44 pm

» no lights or dash
by Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:19 pm

» SWing Wouldn't fire up
by Jim Caudill Yesterday at 9:57 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
by oldwingguy Yesterday at 9:55 pm

» Crack in lower valence panel
by Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» Clutch Outer Installation Tool
by Loosebearing Yesterday at 11:46 am

» 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.
by Cosmic_Jumper Yesterday at 7:46 am

» Clutch Bell, How to remove & replace
by Loosebearing Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:28 am

» Returning member saying hello!
by Easyrider Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:06 pm

» Newbe says hi
by Pastor Ron Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Share | 

Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires

Go down 
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Rubber band guru
john grinsel

Number of posts : 2654
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires   Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:42 am

My recent SilverWing experience with matched new set of IRC tires-----mounted 6-10 months ago....as of yesterday, 15,000 miles on them....front still might go 5,000 miles, rear changed yesterday back to Michelin Power Pure SC....have had good luck with them----they wear ROUND! and provide little rear wheel steering input thru-out their life....work ok for me in all conditions----useful/safe life in my hands=10,000 miles.

IRC worked fine up uo 10,000 miles---then rear got really square, ruining handling and feel for bike----Recent trip planned, to get new tire in Havre MT---shop I used in past=out of business, so continued on/reached Seattle rear still looked ok to ride on----back to Chattanooga still enough rubber to ride on. Already had new Michelin in garage---decided to let dealer change tire---prior ABS light on...maybe caused by worn splines/ wanted same Mech who fixed original problem to look at splines again and grease them. Result splines ok---relief for me.

So point here is: tires and the feeling they provide important to some people....and while SilverWing may not be the best handling scooter there is---good tires do make a difference in feeling----I guess car tire people don't care or know.
Back to top Go down
Thebreen
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2011-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires   Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:31 am

Thanks for the review. anything more on the ABS light?
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Rubber band guru
john grinsel

Number of posts : 2654
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires   Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:31 pm

Computer sucks!! Second try---ABS lite stays off, system works since first check approx. 8,000 miles ago---Splines re-greased yesterday, no additional wear showing.

Put about 50 miles on new tire==fine. I use "Ride On" as balance medium. Most bike shops in US can not or do not balance 13 inch scooter wheels.

Next project---find 14 inch in right size Heidenau scooter tire, at right price.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Site Admin
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires   Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:41 pm

I have my tires mounted and balanced at Larson Cycle in Cambridge, MN. I also put a bottle of Ride On in each after I get them home and before I mount them back on the SWing just for the added puncture proofing.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Good idea   Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:08 pm

Dale N. wrote:
I have my tires mounted and balanced at Larson Cycle in Cambridge, MN. I also put a bottle of Ride On in each after I get them home and before I mount them back on the SWing just for the added puncture proofing.

I need to add ride on too. Thanks for the reminder.
Back to top Go down

Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires
Page 1 of 1