Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience Empty
PostSubject: Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience   Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 10:18 am

Just took off Bridgestone HOOP Rear----5250 miles and was wearing square after about 4500 miles....negative effect on low speed handling the last 500 miles----IRC OEM on front. Normally I would have run it up to 2000 miles more, but getting ready for trip to Canada and best to start trip with new tires....or at least set that will last duration of trip.

Long years of touring have taught me, tires can be difficult to find on the road-----needing a tire mid tour can be expensive, time eating. And to think scooters used to have spares

I do own tire work.....but think I need to buy new bead breaker, rear wheel removal on SilverWing is to me real pain in a**.....just plain poor design-----muffler down...I keep spare packing! But did/does allow rear brake pad inspection.....mine will go the 50,000 miles I plan to keep bike...parking brake pads will make it,too.
Although bike is on lift, I make it a point to use tools I carry with----they work and shouldn't delay a trip for lack of tools to get wheel out for example.

Brake disk ok.

Will put if back together today...after nap. Super hot weather sure makes you sweat!

Note on scooter design: even modern Vespas require exhaust system removal for rear wheel take off. I think new BMW scooter has easy to take out rear wheel!-----for next bike, Yamaha SR400 looking better and better to me---simple, had new '78 SR500....they don't break
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience   Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 11:52 am

Would someone please move john's post to the proper section....AGAIN.... Mad
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience   Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 12:16 pm

Why move it...seems you are more interested in form and format than actually riding/wrenching.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience   Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 1:23 pm

The reason we move it John, is because you don't care enough about this forum to learn to post in the proper place.  You've done this many times before when I was a mod, and you were taught in detail how to place your responses in the right forum. You just don't care.  And you are lucky I gave up modding this forum or you would be suspended yet again for doing the same thing. You enjoy being an elder statesman (so to speak) on this forum and taking away your enjoyment until you follow directions is the only way to get you in line.  Being on a forum comes at a price.  The price is proper etiquette on the forum.  If you can't be bothered with that then the forum shouldn't be bothered with you.  Your experience should NOT get you the privilege of a free pass to have mods tolerate the disrespect you show everyone else by deliberately not conforming to our form and format.  Without consequences to you, you will not change.  

Posting in the wrong section and expecting mods to move it is like pooping in the hallway of your home and expecting your mother or wife to put it in the toilet. And if it stays in the hallway, you're okay with that too. And the biggest problem of all is you don't understand why this is bad or wrong. frustrated

Its on the current mods' hands now.

Last edited by dspevack on Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience   Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 1:23 pm

I only ever get 8000mls out of my Bridgestone rear tyres John. Can you explain please why John's post is in the wrong place , I don't understand.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience   Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 1:27 pm

Old Limey wrote:
I only ever get 8000mls out of my Bridgestone rear tyres John. Can you explain please why John's post is in the wrong place , I don't understand.

Its in (or was until Cosmic Jumper moved it) the introductions section.  DUH!  cyclops Shocked
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience   Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 4:40 pm

just typing a new topic is fine with me----look
SilverWing is dying/dead bike...I would think any contribution related to bike/riding would be welcomed....but form and format? I though this forum was about riding/wrenching....but I guess I am wrong?
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience   Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 7:19 pm

john grinsel wrote:
 I though this forum was about riding/wrenching....but I guess I am wrong?
You are ABSOLUTELY WRONG! The introduction forum is for new members to introduce themselves.

You've been whining the same argument for years. You think riding and sharing is enough. Its not.
Every forum is about its subject
Every forum also has form and format.
Good forum members use form and format as an asset to their content.
Bad forum members expect others to format for them.

Current mods may excuse your attitude, so be glad I'm not a current mod.
Go poop in your hallway.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience   Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 11:09 pm

Game, set, match.

Topic closed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience   Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recent Bridgestone HOOP experience
Page 1 of 1