Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today

Go down 
+20
Winger61
GHM-PM
MikeO
model28a
tinman
DarthJ
RamblinRedhead
DickO
jdeereanton
Darkeswinger
"Hi Yo"
RArch
JeffR_
ken-z
rodenbach
DennisB
surlybiker58
RichG
CathyN
SylSki
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2013-03-11

New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today Empty
PostSubject: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 6:07 pm

Retired, Today New Silver Wing, coming from X500 Kymco.
First short ride today on the Wing due to rain.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 6:17 pm

welcome SylSki,

What year is your Swing? How long have you been riding? You will enjoy all the great info and people on this forum. I was out in PA last July camping around Bloomburg. Nice roads and scenery. Enjoyed it a lot.
Enjoy the Swing and the forum, Ride safe.

Cathy

swing
Back to top Go down
RichG
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 7:35 pm

SylSki wrote:
Retired, Today New Silver Wing, coming from X500 Kymco.
First short ride today on the Wing due to rain.
Welcome SylSki,
I am from Level Green, PA (Near Monroeville) which isn't far from Natrona Heights. I live in Jacksonville, FL now. Moved here officially in July of 2012. I traded in my 2009 Kymco Xciting 500 abs on my 2012 Silverwing in Sept of 2012.
Love the Silverwing. The Kymco was ok also but not the same Quality of the Silverwing, and the Dealers are much better (Honda) than the Kymco dealer I had here. The dealer was a big reason I got rid of the Kymco. I don't know what Kymco dealers you might have near you.
I have added the Givi AF214 Adjustable Windshield and a Givi Top Box. The Givi products are good but the instructions are terrible. Lots of great info on this forum and great people willing to help. Happy Riding and enjoy the Swing! Hello again from a former Pittsburgher! Go Steelers!!
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:41 pm

Welcome !
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Thanks RichG. am looking forward to riding the new Wing. I had starter problem's with my X500 and it was a 2012. That's not the only reson I traded in for the Silver Wing. From what I heard, Kymco makes much for Honda but Honda still makes the Silver Wing being it is so called their top line favorite. Just riding it home today and a couple more miles to beat the rain, I really enjoyed the difference. The Silver Wing is much more balanced and better control than the other. Yep "Go Steeler's" but I'm afraid they will be out of top contention for a good while. The team is changed over too much and in looking at all the other great team's now...Pittsburgh has a long way to go. Why did you move to FL? Weather, job or ?? I have written to Givi asking what mounting hardware I need to mount my Givi V26 Box which I had on the X500. I am thinking Spring!!
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:32 pm

I meant to say Givi V46 not V26...
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi SylSki,

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:37 am

Thanks DennisB, am anxious to get involved here. I believe there are some interesting people here to meet as yourself. I am located 23 miles N.E. of Pittsburgh, PA approximately 1 mile away from the side of the Allegheny River. Am an Army Veteran and proud of it and had the honor while in the Military Police to be a Guard and Protector of our late Hero, Movie Star and most decorated War Hero. Audie Murphy was making a Movie Documentary in Germany during peace time in Kitzingen, Germany. Got to know him fairly well and found him to be one terrific, humble individual. Was really proud to be beside him.
Back to top Go down
rodenbach
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
rodenbach

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 7:46 am

welcome and enjoy your new ride!
Back to top Go down
RichG
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 9:08 am

SylSki wrote:
Thanks RichG. am looking forward to riding the new Wing. I had starter problem's with my X500 and it was a 2012. That's not the only reson I traded in for the Silver Wing. From what I heard, Kymco makes much for Honda but Honda still makes the Silver Wing being it is so called their top line favorite. Just riding it home today and a couple more miles to beat the rain, I really enjoyed the difference. The Silver Wing is much more balanced and better control than the other. Yep "Go Steeler's" but I'm afraid they will be out of top contention for a good while. The team is changed over too much and in looking at all the other great team's now...Pittsburgh has a long way to go. Why did you move to FL? Weather, job or ?? I have written to Givi asking what mounting hardware I need to mount my Givi V26 Box which I had on the X500. I am thinking Spring!!
Sylski,
I also have the Givi V46 top Box. It requires their Model SR19 Mounting Plate to mount the Top box to the Silverwing. You can find this info on Givi's web site.
I bought mine from Premier Cycle Accessories - pca-one.com, I have received good service and prices from them.
I moved to Florida because I remarried several years after my first Wife died, and my current Wife, whom I have known for over 40 years, lives in Florida. I still miss the burg but not the Cold and Snow! My children still live outside of Pittsburgh. I visit often.
I am also retired and enjoy being able to ride year around down here in the sunshine state!
What dealer up there is a Kymco dealer?
Rich
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 9:43 am

RichG, a Kymco dealer you asked about in this area, Gatto Cycle Shop, Tarentum, PA. Thanks for the info on the V46 Box. I have the kit for installing the lights on it and the rack that goes on top. I'm curious, the plate that the box mount's on on this 2012 does not have holes in it to mount the hardware. Is this the type of mount that you have on? I am having a problem manuevering in this Forum! I guess it will take time to learn about it. If I some how get out of this topic area, I have a time getting back!
Back to top Go down
RichG
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 10:39 am

SylSki wrote:
RichG, a Kymco dealer you asked about in this area, Gatto Cycle Shop, Tarentum, PA. Thanks for the info on the V46 Box. I have the kit for installing the lights on it and the rack that goes on top. I'm curious, the plate that the box mount's on on this 2012 does not have holes in it to mount the hardware. Is this the type of mount that you have on? I am having a problem manuevering in this Forum! I guess it will take time to learn about it. If I some how get out of this topic area, I have a time getting back!
Sylski,
You will need to remove the plate from the Swing and drill the 4 holes in it from the underside. Once you remove the plate and the bottom cover you will see where to drill the holes.
Go to this link for info: https://www.silverwing600.com/t5384-givi-topbox-baseplate-backrest-fitting?highlight=Givi+top+box+install
JeffR has posted pictorials, also.
You can also always go to the "Search" at the top left corner of the Forum page and type in what you are looking for such as Givi V46 Top Case Installation.
The search feature is always a good place to go.
I have heard of Gatto Cycle Shop but haven't been there and didn't know they carried Kymco.
Hope this helps. It's really fairly easy to install the V46 top box. I had some problems with the latch on mine when I got it but that problem seems to have fixed it's self now.
RichG
Back to top Go down
ken-z
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ken-z

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-03-20

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:18 pm

Welcome sylski.
I live in saxonburg, sarver area . almost neighbors.
there are a lot of great day rides around us.
hurry up spring time.

Ken Z
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Great ken-z. Saxonburg, Knoch High Parking lot is where I had taken my MSF Course. I used to be in Saxonburg often when I worked for the News...Valley News Dispatch. Further, when I retired, I drove school bus for Knoch. Will have to talk more about meeting up with you to B.S. or whatever!
Nice meeting you on here and thank's for the post.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 1:47 pm

Sylski,

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it. Nice people and they are willing to help. Hope you like your SWing too. I have over 30,000 miles and a 2007 and still really like this bike. Very smooth, comfortable, and plenty of power.
Back to top Go down
RichG
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:17 pm

Welcome Ken-z
From an old guy originally from the Burg area.
Enjoy your Silverwing. Riding season will be here soon for yens guys!
Richg
Back to top Go down
RichG
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:18 pm

Oops! should be Yins guys. forgetting my Pittsburgh slang already!
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:41 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 7:12 pm

Hey RichG...don't mess up our Pittsburgh language! "Yunz" people down South have your own and wonder if you picked that up yet? You know our language....dem, doze, tanks, Chivy...etc. oh and of course "yunz".
Back to top Go down
RichG
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 7:31 pm

SylSki wrote:
Hey RichG...don't mess up our Pittsburgh language! "Yunz" people down South have your own and wonder if you picked that up yet? You know our language....dem, doze, tanks, Chivy...etc. oh and of course "yunz".
Wow, I really messed up my root language! In a short time too! I haven't picked up the southern slang yet!
I still "Warsh" clothes! I need some "Gum Bands"!!
Yunz guys have a great spring ride!
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 5:20 am

When my kids were very young, many years ago, one used to say Bum Gand's and the other said wash hand's get German's off !! Certainly no offense to the German Nationality here...I have some German in me but mostly Polish. I spent 3 year's in Germany also. I really enjoyed Germany as a matter of fact....Wurzburg, Kitzingen and Stuttgart. Changing the note a bit, being it is cold out yet and can't ride, I went out to visit my Wing to make sure it is comfortable and warm! I'll visit it again today being it is another forecasted cold day and more coming. I haven't named it yet...and I don't want to shame it and come up with something friendly and acceptable! I'm ok, just can't wait till spring, well, at least we are now into Daylight Saving's time.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:08 pm

welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:01 am

I don't know if my post of the Givi V46 box got on but anyway, I installed the rack on it yesterday. Have to make sure the holes are drilled correctly or problems. I have one crooked leg on my rack and it created a problem. The directions are bad and the copy is only zeroxed sheets where the black's are blocked out...terrible. Now I have to install the led light's which will be another task. Weather here is PA this morning...cold, snow covered, chill factor...you guys in the south have great riding weather! All I can do is visit the garage!
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:46 am

When I traded my Kymco and purchased the Wing, one of the Kymco Forum member's had some word's about me "bailing out" on my Kymco X500 and stating in other word's that I'd be sorry for getting a Japanese unit. Further, he said, part's take forever to get and are very expensive and the Kymco is built better than the Wing. I am new to the Wing so I would appreciate the remark's of the above. Personally, I am very happy in making the switch and looking forward to this great Swing unit. Thank's
Back to top Go down
Darkeswinger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Darkeswinger

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 8:12 am

Some owners of other brands will poo poo a decision to make a change away from "their" brand, but rest assured, I've had mine for almost three years, and I've only purchased one Honda part, and that was the belt. Everything else has been oil, oil filters, etc. Since the scooter needs so little work done on it, I've managed to modify it for my comfort, and mostly just to have a project to work on.

Granted, I only ride about 5-7000 miles per year, so my experiences may not reflect the typical Wing owner.

If your Wing turns out to need more work done, than consider it a blessing that you are able to learn about the intricate operations of an excellent example of engineering.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 9:10 am

Welcome - enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
RichG
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:00 am

SylSki wrote:
When I traded my Kymco and purchased the Wing, one of the Kymco Forum member's had some word's about me "bailing out" on my Kymco X500 and stating in other word's that I'd be sorry for getting a Japanese unit. Further, he said, part's take forever to get and are very expensive and the Kymco is built better than the Wing. I am new to the Wing so I would appreciate the remark's of the above. Personally, I am very happy in making the switch and looking forward to this great Swing unit. Thank's
I also had a Kymco X500 and have been on that Forum. There is a lot more articles/posts about problems with the Kymco than you will see on this Swing forum. I had my Kymco about 1 1/2 years, put 4650 miles on it. It served me well but getting parts for it was harder than for the Swing. The Kymco has fewer dealers than Honda. Honda is rock solid company that makes top notch products including the Silverwing. The dealer was horrible that I purchased my Kymco from (They have an F rating on BBB). The next nearest Kymco dealers to me are far away.
So I think you can ignore the critics on the Kymco forum. You have the best in your Swing now. You should be able to tell the difference in the quality of the Silverwing compared to the Kymco after owning both as I did.
Enjoy your Silverwing and happy riding.
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:37 am

The input here is greatly appreciated...Thank You. I never attempt to degrade anyone for what they do in life. If I have an oppinion, I keep it to myself. I rnjoy great people that can talk and present good thought's and answers. At this point, in only but a few days I find that true on this Forum. I am really looking forward in conversing with all of you and in time hopefully you feel the same. Further, I want to Thank this Forum organizer's and administrator's. If I can help anyone in some way, I would do my best to meet their reqyest. Also, I look forward to meeting up with local's and even those that have a half way trip to here and my half way trip to them. Again...THANK YOU.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi "SylSki",
A 'hearty' welcome from the Kansas area !!!
Back to top Go down
RamblinRedhead
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-03-14

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Welcome! I am new here myself! As for the Silverwing, have had mine about 4 years, and I happen to have a great Honda dealership less that 2 miles away, and a mechanic who loves working on all Honda scooters. No problem with parts whatsoever, and that included a wreck that required major work about 2 years ago (almost all cosmetic damage, the scooter was still ridable). I've gotten belts and such on line easily, and things like the oil filter are common to the ST1300 and Goldwing (typical Honda engineering excellence, IMHO). If my experience is any indication, you will be VERY happy with your SWing, and not need a lot of replacement parts. I've had mine all apart, and it's made like a tank. There's nothing else I would rather have, and I have never regretted making the choice!
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 6:00 am

Am I correct in saying that the Silver Wing look's/style hasn't changed much through the years? I look at some of them that have year's on them on the Web's and they all look good and can't tell the year by looking. If so, I think that to be a good thing being thing's can be improved upon instead of trying to make a whole new model. I sent an E-Mail to RevZilla where I purchased my Givi V46 asking if there are better installation instruction's than the ones included in the box. I still don't know how they remove the so called shell in the instruction's...Instruction's are terrible.
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 6:03 am

I failed to include this is about instruction's on installing the led light's. You know, at a certain age, one seem's to forget thing's !!
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 6:04 am

SylSki, Have you read JeffR's PDF on fitting one here?

https://www.silverwing600.com/t31-givi-passenger-backrest-installation-pictorial
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 6:20 am

RArch, yes I did and it is great for the back rest but total different installation for the led light's I have the attached back rest on the Givi Box. I am new on this Forum and I could attach photo's of my V46 box but don't know how yet. Thank's for the post though.
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 6:36 am

Ah, my bad, its the fitting of the lights to the Givi box you are looking for.

Maybe this post will help: https://www.silverwing600.com/t1156-wiring-for-led-lights-on-a-givi-top-case

A google search on the subject might turn up some info as the Givi v46 is a popular topbox.

And you are right, there has not been many cosmetic changes to the Silver Wing over the years, the biggest has got the be the dashboard/front pocket area which was painted on earlier models.
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 7:18 pm

About the led light's, for the heck of it, I went to an auto part's store and wanted to look over led light's. I was surprised to find all sort's and type's and they even had a push button test on them! One of the set I was looking at and trying..pushing the test button..you don't even want to look directly at them being they are very very bright...(red). The one's in particular I tryed have 2 strip's, very thin and come with peal off back's and stick on. Other's, longer strips can be cut to the desired length one want's. Thes thing's are very thin and approximately 3/8's wide with numerous led lights in them. To use that would be great but the problem would be after attaching the strip to the bottom edge (just below) the lid of the Givi V46 box, how to run the wire's to connect?? A quick release connection could be used for the wiring if the box had to be taken off. Anyone have any idea's about running the wire's to something like this?
These light's a brighter than the E105S led kit I have and may still hook up but it look's like a real challenging job.
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 8:59 pm

This is from Admore Lighting. If you already have the Givi kit and want brighter lights, use http://admorelighting.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=81 If you have no lights or something different, use http://admorelighting.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=121 And if you want brake AND turn signals, use http://admorelighting.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=51 All mount inside the box and should be complete. Their instructions are pretty easy.
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 6:06 am

DarthJ, very interesting, thanks for your information. Like anything else today , they are expensive but sure would be the way to go instead of the E105S kit I already have. Do you have any of this installation? The Givi E105S appear's to me as a difficult needless way to install the extra light's.
Not knowing what you or anyone was going to post, I looked at led light's and a quick dis-connect ar auto part's. I have another possibly dumb question. If the led light/light's burn out, are they replaceable on the circuit board? I guess they would be solder type if so.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 6:51 am

The wire-ring can be a pain, The quick disconnect fitting goes on the mounting plate ,and works only in one position.I had to rotate it 180 degree for it to work ,and all the prefix connection were loose. Did the connection in from inside the access panel in the trunk,and removed the left side panel to access the harness . The quick crimp connection worked well for me.
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 9:24 am

Does anyone know by chance what is supposed to be included in the 2012 SWing Tool Kit. My kit has just a reversible phillips screw driver..not much of a tool kit.
Back to top Go down
ken-z
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ken-z

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-03-20

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 11:41 am

Same extensive tool kit came with both of my silverwings.
I put together a small tool kit but I have not needed it yet.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 11:45 am

SylSki,

That's all to the tool kit. Pretty pathetic in my IMHO. Best to make up your own. I have the reversible Philips screw driver, an 8 & 10 mm Allen wrench for my mirrors and wind screen, small adjustable wrench, and a spanner wrench for my shocks. Bob carries more tools with him.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:28 pm

SylSki wrote:
Does anyone know by chance what is supposed to be included in the 2012 SWing Tool Kit. My kit has just a reversible phillips screw driver..not much of a tool kit.
That's all you need.......plus a fully charged cell phone. Smile
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 1:15 pm

Thank's for the information, appreciate it very much...now who can fix our weather in Pittsburgh, PA!! Wait 5 minutes and it will rain, wait till tomorrow and it will be freezing with wind chill and snow! Wait another 5 minutes and the sun will come out... Gonna have to get cab's & heater's with winter tread's for PA! So the only thing left to do here is to go out, heat the garage a bit if possible, than wax the new wheel's! Hope nobody mind's the off-beat post here..I guess I just try to humor myself until the weather get's ripe enough to get out on the not used new bike!
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:48 am

Another day, more snow...when will the so called start of Spring that came show it's warmth and sun shine! Awoke this morning finding 7-8 inches of snow again. Oh well, waiting for UPS to deliver my Givi V46 mounting gear and go out in the garage and spend time with that and my two small side bag's that will go on the hand rail's on either side. They are great for smaller item's....thermos, lunch some toold's what have you. They are weather proof and do not loose their shape making a nice add on for storage space. I am a tinkerer, not a mechanic so I have to be careful as to what project's on the SWing I get involved with. I am already nervous about the drilling of holes some time to mount my Givi Box Hardware. Any tip's would be appreciated in the mounting to the 2012.
Back to top Go down
RichG
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 12:09 pm

SylSki wrote:
Another day, more snow...when will the so called start of Spring that came show it's warmth and sun shine! Awoke this morning finding 7-8 inches of snow again. Oh well, waiting for UPS to deliver my Givi V46 mounting gear and go out in the garage and spend time with that and my two small side bag's that will go on the hand rail's on either side. They are great for smaller item's....thermos, lunch some toold's what have you. They are weather proof and do not loose their shape making a nice add on for storage space. I am a tinkerer, not a mechanic so I have to be careful as to what project's on the SWing I get involved with. I am already nervous about the drilling of holes some time to mount my Givi Box Hardware. Any tip's would be appreciated in the mounting to the 2012.
Sylski,
Sorry you got the snow and no riding weather. it should be moderating temps and weather by now up there!
On mounting the SR-19 Mounting for the Givi topbox follow Jeffr's Pictorial for the backrest but dril the 4 holes and not just 2. It really is pretty easy!
Here's the link...... https://www.silverwing600.com/t4578-givi-sr19-mounting?highlight=Mounting+Givi+V46
Good luck and hope you get out to ride soon.
Rich
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 1:03 pm

RichG, thanks again. I remember you giving that a way's back but being it was back rest installation, I thought they were not the same type's of mounting's. Nevertheless, the are very much the same to a point which I will follow. I already have the back rest installed on my Givi V46 making it nice to have the box and a back rest. Hope you don't tell me how nice the weather is in FL!! snow snow, cold cold here...a real pain.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:46 pm

Living hear in Florida for over forty years, I try not to brag about our winter weather as the roads get to much traffic in winter already. I remember when it used to lighten up come spring but it seams like most of traffic stays now. Maybe now the baby boomers just come down and bye a house and stay?
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 6:34 pm

I finished mounting the Givi Box a bit ago being the mounting kit finally arrived by UPS. I had to call where I purchased from being the paper work for mounting was not there. I was to call Givi and ask for possibly a pdf file on installation but finally the sender described how to get to the installation on a Givi Site. I printed out the diagram which wasn't as good as I thought it should be. The worst part of the installation for me was, I couldn't find my darn Allen Wrenches. It takes 2 different sizes. I hve a drill press therefore used it to drill my holes but carefully from small size bit up. For sure these holes have to be drilled right on.

http://www.google.com/search?q=givi+sr+19&hl=en&rlz=1W1ADFA_enUS355&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=r5JQUbS_MdKG0QGfl4H4Ag&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1630&bih=838

http://www.givi.it/Accessori-moto/?ma=HONDA&mo=Silver-Wing-600---ABS-01--09
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 6:44 pm

As I posted, I am a tinkerer not a mechanic so I had to sit and study the diagram for a good while to completely understand just what to do with some of the parts/bolts/washers (rubber and steel) and spacer's. Beside's not being able to find my Allen Wrenches, I had to talk myself into drilling holes thinking I may screw something up!! One of the post's on mounting the backrest on here helped me a lot to know for sure where to drill. You know, this Forum helped me a great deal with getting into this new SWing. I thank all that posted idea's and procedure's for me. Now I only wished many of you lived closer in order to meet up with you this summer. I am looking forward in going on the "Ride for homeless Vet's" again this year. Last year there were some 400 bikes and scooter's in it and we did a 120 mile round trip stopping at the Legion's and Vet's on the way. They had food and drink's for all being they were involved in all this. I ran it last year with my X500 Kymco which kept up pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next