Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 4:21 am

» New member from Europe
Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial

Go down 
+8
JeffR_
Meldrew
stpolihron
MikeO
surlybiker58
"Hi Yo"
Octarine
JeffR
12 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial Empty
PostSubject: Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial   Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 12:49 am

Hi,

I am putting a link on how to install the Givi Passenger Backrest on here too. I am playing around with a Free File Sharing site that will allow me to store different type of files and then post them here. I guess this site doesn't allow certain types of files to be downloaded/stored on this site.

Here it is in .pdf format:

Ride safe,

JeffR
Attachments
Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial AttachmentGivi Passenger Backrest Installation.pdf
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(621 Kb) Downloaded 420 times
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Octarine
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial   Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:15 am

I know this will come across as really anal retentive, but one thing that bugged me on my Givi backrest was that the nut was 1/2" diameter. I'm going to replace it with a 12mm flange nut and new 5mm Allen head bolt.

I like consistency in my fasteners, what can I say? Part of the reason I hate Land Rovers so much! Stand under one and without moving your feet you can touch SAE, metric and British Standard bolts!!
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial   Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:29 am

Octarine wrote:

I like consistency in my fasteners, what can I say? Part of the reason I hate Land Rovers so much! Stand under one and without moving your feet you can touch SAE, metric and British Standard bolts!!
Sounds like a great reason for a trip to the "tool store". What can be wrong with that? Smile
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial   Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:29 am

I'm surprised that Givi wouldn't be metric since it's an Italian company.
Are their instructions for the backrest any more comprehensible than the
ones they provide for their windshields ?

Come Springtime, I'm looking at installing a Givi backrest on my Wing
since my wife complained about not having one when we ride two up.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial   Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:25 am

To fit the separate Givi backrest really only requires drilling two already-marked holes in the spoiler and bolting it on.
Back to top Go down
stpolihron
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial   Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi JeffR,

I do not see the link to the .pdf format on your first post.

Please let me know how to download the document.

Thank you,

stpolihron
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4171
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial   Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:02 pm

How about a little courtesy here and letting the forum know who you are before steaming in with an info request. Neutral
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial   Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 7:34 pm

stpolihron,

I reposted the .pdf to the post above. Sometimes it seems like some of the attachments disappear after awhile. Please download it and save it to your computer.

As Meldrew mentioned, it is considered a common courtesy to give a brief introduction when joining this site. But I hope it helps and there are other 'pictorials' on the site you should look up and download as well.

Back to top Go down
stpolihron
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial   Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 3:15 pm

Thank you JeffR for posting the link.

Your doc is very helpfull and gives me an idea how to install a backrest or even a trunk, which is really what I was looking for.

Sorry I did not introduce myself when I join but I had lots to do and did not find the time. Anyway I indroduce myself today so if you want have a look.

Thanks, again
Back to top Go down
MattLavallee
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MattLavallee

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial   Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:09 am

Many thanks for posting this, JeffR! Not a terribly complicated install, but Givi could use some work on actual instructions. Took about an hour to do the TB19, SR19, and V46 with backrest cushion. Came out great!
Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial Image10

-Matt
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial   Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 5:52 pm

Matt, welcome applause welcome glad you got your new parts installed. Welcome to the forum. You may like to go to the Introductions page and tell us a little about yourself and how long you have had your SilverWing.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial   Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:55 am

Matt,

I'm glad the pictorial was able to help you and others.
Back to top Go down
arboroaks
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2022-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial   Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2022 4:13 pm

Just purchased a 2008 SW.
Has been sitting fo 2 to 3 years. It will not start, so will put in shop next month to be repaired.
I owned a 2004 SW for 4 years then sold it, but since I am retired now would like to get back to riding.
The 2004 had a tall givi windshield which I liked.
Looked at JeffR's instructions on how to remove windshield, but could not open up the pdf file.
I live in East Tennessee
Thank You
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial   Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2022 7:11 am

Arboroaks, I d/l ed the pdf and tried it. It works perfectly for me. This was a concern as people (myself) included use these pdf's. Perhaps your Reader is not current? I use Adobe Reader and it works fine. Let us know if we can help with this.
Back to top Go down
arboroaks
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2022-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial   Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2022 8:36 am

Thank You
It is working
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial   Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Givi Passenger Backrest Installation Pictorial
Page 1 of 1