Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Today at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby COMick Today at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Yesterday at 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today

Go down 
+20
Winger61
GHM-PM
MikeO
model28a
tinman
DarthJ
RamblinRedhead
DickO
jdeereanton
Darkeswinger
"Hi Yo"
RArch
JeffR_
ken-z
rodenbach
DennisB
surlybiker58
RichG
CathyN
SylSki
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2013-03-11

New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 6:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Retired, Today New Silver Wing, coming from X500 Kymco.
First short ride today on the Wing due to rain.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 7:33 pm

SylSki,

I posted the pictorial for the backrest and I think I will go back and add a couple of things for mounting the Givi rack too. It is only 2 more holes to drill so I think I will amend it.

I'm glad it helped and we have all complained about Givi's instructions for just about anything. The windshield is pretty bad too but there is lot's of advice on the site for that also. You may want to put out a "feeler" in the rides section, if you haven't already, to find other riders in your area. If you don't know about www.maxi-scoots.com you should go there too. That site is pretty active too with all kinds of scooter riders.

Post a pic of your bike and top case so we can check it out.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 7:46 pm

With respect Jeff, unless you feel the need it's really not necessary; I fitted the Givi plate easily on the strength of your back-rest pictorial. Smile
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 9:02 am

SylSki,

I also want to welcome you! I bought a 2012 in May and now have 6800 miles on it. I haven't enjoyed a motorcycle this much in years! And I have had a few Shocked

I have had zero repairs in that time just oil changes etc. Even the tires are still in good shape. My grandson has a Kymco Like 200 and I have driven it quite a bit. Nice machine but not the quality of a Honda IMHO but then the price is in a different area also.

I think Henry Ford designed the current SWings as it is a case of "you can have any color you want as long as it is BLACK"... LOL
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:29 am

Nice meeting the rider's via this Forum, thank you for your welcome's. I finally have my addition's to my new SWing...no biggies but for me it's a lot! Have the Givi V46 mount hardware on, back rest on the box, rack on the box and hand grip's replaced. Decided the next project will not be the red light's on the box but a round, very bright led light placed right above
the Honda name. Look's like a much easier installation than the box light's. I noted that the back rest of the drivers' seat was not all the way back form new so...I moved it back approx. 1 1/2 inch making it a bit more comfortable. Re-adjusted the mirror's to be able to see past my wide shoulder's and now.......just awaiting the real sign of Spring to ride!
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:39 am

SylSki wrote:
Decided the next project will not be the red light's on the box but a round, very bright led light placed right above the Honda name.

Admore Lighting do led lighting kits specifically for topboxes - may be worth a look. http://admorelighting.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=59&page=1

I fitted a kit into my Honda topbox last year, took about 1 hour, used one of DenisB's Perfect connectors (soooo easy!!) - works well, looks the business. (Pics in my album)

Graham
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:17 am

I fitted an Admore Mini Light Bar to the underside of the rear spoiler so I had the extra lights even if the topbox was off.
It was easy to fit (on the givi rack bolts) and using the DennisB Perfect Connector.
I'm told by fellow riders the light bar was very effective.

Pictures in my Album:

https://www.silverwing600.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-MikeO/Personal-album-of-MikeO-cat_u308.htm

Last edited by MikeO on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:42 am

SylSki wrote:
I noted that the back rest of the drivers' seat was not all the way back form new so...I moved it back approx. 1 1/2 inch making it a bit more comfortable. Re-adjusted the mirror's to be able to see past my wide shoulder's and now.......just awaiting the real sign of Spring to ride!

I'm waiting for spring to finally get sprung too! It seems like a long time coming this year!

I've finally taken the plunge and removed the "butt-rest" entirely and ordered a ATV seat pad to cover the plastic plates. Ideally I would replace it with a Corbin seat but I can't seem to part with the $500 for a new one.

I love the Swing but it seems designed perfectly for people 5'6" in height or shorter with very slender shoulders!

Do yourself a favor and invest in some mirror extenders, your mirrors will improve 100%
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:13 pm

DuggleBogey, thank's...would you happen to know a particular type of mirror extender that you are speaking of? You are right, that would be the best bet.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 4:25 pm

Honda make one and they are good if basic - I had them on the Winged Express.

Try Googling 'mirror extenders motorcycle' - even Amazon UK list them!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 4:43 pm

Or what about a simple search for 'mirror extenders' in the Accessories & Modifications section of this forum, all the info is there.
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 4:51 pm

Searched all over and came up with www.luckybike.com and ordered the Riser/extenders for the Honda mirrors. I wanted this combo being I am 6' 1" and sit tall so the riser portion will help a lot. Nesxt thing after getting the SWing all ready will be to give it a good coat of wax. Gonna use either the Honda Spray cleaner and Polish or FW1 of Fastwax.com. Couple years ago, I ordered a straight liquid (very thick) Silicon. It came in a small squeeze plastic bottle and is very expensive. I had taken the shield's off my Fulmer Helmet and coated the moveable parts with the silicon & what a fdifference. Through the year's I have used this silicon for various occasion's and it last's and last's. It is a bit thicker than honey.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 5:44 pm

I buy the cheap turtle wax from Walmart .A bucket of water and a dab of dish soap ,a quick do over ,then a damp sponge a small dab of turtle wax will do the complete Swing ,wipe it off with a shammy and your good to go .Takes 10 minutes if you take your time . Smile Total cost $5.00,Good for 20 years,with one bottle.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 6:54 pm

What are you waxing plastic body panels for? After washing and drying the scooter, a spray of Pledge or Plastex polish 2 or 3 times a year then a quick buff with a soft cloth has the bodywork shining and an anti-static finish.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 8:11 pm

I did the pledge thing,It works OK ,but hard shell turtle wax last longer, and cheaper in the long run.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 12:33 am

SylSki wrote:
DuggleBogey, thank's...would you happen to know a particular type of mirror extender that you are speaking of? You are right, that would be the best bet.

Sorry this is too late for you Syl, but I got something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-10mm-Mirror-Riser-Extender-Adapter-Honda-Silverwing-/251092035589?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a76406805&vxp=mtr
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:35 am

DuggleBogey, thank's and I must have purchased good one's being I purchased just what you are showing you have! The plain horizontal ones
wouldn't bring the extender up to a comfortable position. I paid 18 buck's for both and that includes shipping to receive them on the 2nd. I feel it should be a much more comfortable viewing of what's going on behind us!
Meldrew has many addition's to his scoot....would be nice to see his unit.
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:42 am

On my car's I used Nu Car Wax (orange colored) plastic bottle and always had long very good result's. I'll use the same on the scooter if I get the feeling of doing the whole thing. During the winter month's I don't have the outside water line turned on so without over-doing it price wise, I go to the car wash and have the Wax and RainX at least once and it definetely helps when going to the hand spray washes with the pressure spray. I guess I spent too much time in the MP's being I like thing's to shine!
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:46 am

DuggleBogey, meant to ask you, have you found that the add on's move and need tightened much? If so, have you used anything on the thread's to tighten?
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:50 am

I polish my tupperware twice a year!

Autoglym is my chosen polish, use it on the car so it's available for the bike.

Like I say, twice a year then after that it's wash, chamois dry - probably spend more time on the black plastic as it attracts dirt, water marks, (hard water here on the south coast).

End of the day it's whatever works for you. I did know one guy who NEVER cleaned his machines!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 7:02 am

SylSki wrote:
Meldrew has many addition's to his scoot....would be nice to see his unit.

My 'unit' looks just like any other black Silver Wing fitted with an Airflow. Apart from the mudflap, fork protectors, mirror extenders, sat nav mount, and top box. The rest is stuff I can select to use for touring. Smile
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 8:54 am

tinman wrote:
I did the pledge thing,It works OK ,but hard shell turtle wax last longer, and cheaper in the long run.

I use a carnauba wax as well. A bit more difficult but protects and looks so much better. Also, a good wax base helps in bug removal (they don't seem to stick as well). A side benefit.
But then I am one of the few people that I know nowadays that actually hand-wax their cars! Usually twice a year.
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:56 am

Carnuba in wax is a product found in Good-N-Plenty Candy! This type of wax is not supposed to be a type that through time dull's the paint by being sort of a filler. This is not my knowledge but what I received after
contacting paint companies asking about a wax use. If the weather doesn't change soon all we'll be doing is visiting the garage and waxing etc.! The normal for today is 55 but according to weather forecaster's not more than 43 today. Warmest day was in the 1800's...80 some degree's.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:29 am

Waxing and cleaning ,cleaning any way is what I do after every ride . A damp cloth removes the dust and bugs then a dry car wash mitt polish's It .I take the time to inspect everything ,what can I say she is my PRECIOUS,the ride that put a smile on this grumpy old face.It's sunny out I thing I will go out and visit My PRECIOUS and instal the battery. -5c I might take her for a spin. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:31 am

SylSki wrote:
DuggleBogey, meant to ask you, have you found that the add on's move and need tightened much? If so, have you used anything on the thread's to tighten?

I didn't use anything special in the threads, but I do remember getting them tight enough at first was a bit of a pain. I had to go out and buy an allen wrench the correct size and then I just muscled up and got them tight enough.

It must have been good enough because I haven't had to think of them again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 11:48 am

tinman wrote:
Waxing and cleaning ,cleaning any way is what I do after every ride . A damp cloth removes the dust and bugs then a dry car wash mitt polish's It .I take the time to inspect everything ,what can I say she is my PRECIOUS,the ride that put a smile on this grumpy old face.It's sunny out I thing I will go out and visit My PRECIOUS and instal the battery. -5c I might take her for a spin. Smile

Should you ever decide to sell, I want first crack at that bad boy!
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 12:27 pm

DuggleBogey,, When I get 300k miles I will start thinking about selling My PRECIOUS , Then put Her for sale 5 years later. So my answer is ( NEVER ,NEVER, NEVER). I just installed the battery ,turn the and started before I had time to remove my thumb of the trigger. Now I am going out to break 3" of ice so I can get out the driveway without falling .Next year I will have A second set of rims with studded winter DS tires along with a Trigg trike kit to stay up on icy condition's. 5 month of riding is to short for me.
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 6:43 am

My FIRST decent ride yesterday! Temperature went up to 49 and the sun was in and out some of the time. The difference between the X500 and the SWing is great. The SWing I find is so much more controlable and balanced and of course the power is there and instant on demand. Cornering now almost makes me feel like I am thinking about the turn and I go smmothly around. I am not downing the X500 by no mean's and this all show's why the difference in price is worth the investment. The ABS brakes are smooth and stopping power is greater. If one figure's the difference in a X500 with ABS and all and the price of the SWing it's all a matter of what one want's to settle for I have found. I am surely happy that I made the switch. Today goes to high 50's Guess What !!
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 7:18 am

tinman wrote:

There was me thinking that was something only the big wheelers do!!!!! Laughing

I ride, then when the weather is warm enough - wash - sometimes - maybe!!!!! Always seems there is something else to do!

Maybe when I retire I will use Jeremy Kyle as an excuse to get out of the house!!!!!!!! What a Face Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:06 am

Waspie,, I have been retired going on 14 years ,had no choice ,riding is my therapy . Cabin fever has been going on for ever with this dame weather.Hope to ride 30k kl this year.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:43 am

Tinman - as you are retired and have the time I can understand. I will probably do the same - it's either clean the bike or do as SWMBO says!!!!!
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 1:31 pm

slyski,

It's good you got to get out and ride your new SWing. I had the Reflex and Majesty before the SWing, and they are both great bikes, but the SWing is nicer and more comfortable, at least to me. And of course so much more power and an extremely smooth transmission.

I have done 400-500 mile days before and when I get off the SWing I'm not as tired either. I think the weight and stability make it nicer to ride those long rides. But I have heard that the Xciting 500 does nice on the highway too. If only the Swing had the same size tires as the Xciting 500. Glad you like the SWing and think it was worth buying it too.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 3:46 pm

Waspie , your right about having the time. Just came back from a 180 kl run first one this year it was 5 C when I started now 10 C and sunny.There is a lot of snow on the side of the road but the black top was dry . Tomorrow more snow , today was a good day,now it's time to clean Precious. Smile
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 5:21 pm

I am not ashamed to tell this but I learned several thing's today. First off, the nice day got me out and one of the local roads has been worked on and it left it muddy in places. Getting mud on the tires and elsewhere, I had to visit the hand car wash bay. First thing I learned was not to go into a bay that is surface wet and possibly slippery from soap. Next don't wear the leather stiff cycle boots. Next don't try to put the scooter up on the center stand with the above. Also due to the very little distance between the center stand leg and the scooter where only about a big toes worth of round plate room for the boot. You guessed it, while pushing back, lifting up and pressing down on the stand with the slippery boot bottom, my boot slipped off the leg, lost control of the scoot and down it came on top of me! The handle bar pinned me down by the crotch with my back on the wet/dirty floor to the count of embarrassing three! Had one heck of a time getting out from under this pin until a woman outside the bay was vacuming her vehicle had seen me struggling and she ran toward me hollering out to one of the men on the other side. Well I couldn't lift much in my position only get myself out from under while they lifted slightly and into a helping lift position. We got the scooter up looking at it and feeling my uncomfortable crotch while I thanked them much for all their help. lower left under carriage has some paint off and an abrassion on the front which I may be able to buff out. From now on...dry wash area, no darn leather boots anymore and make a gib decision to go on center stand!! Yep, I did go on to side stand and rinse of the scooter being a bit shaky!!
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 5:46 pm

sylski, be careful using pressure washer on your scoot ,stay away from wheel bearings,It will cause premature bearing failure.Little or no pressure is the best way to clean your scoot.A pail of water and a dab of dish soap will last for weeks ,depending on how much bug juice is in the pail. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 6:22 pm

tinman wrote:
sylski, be careful using pressure washer on your scoot ,stay away from wheel bearings,It will cause premature bearing failure.Little or no pressure is the best way to clean your scoot.A pail of water and a dab of dish soap will last for weeks ,depending on how much bug juice is in the pail. :lol!:

+1

And I can empathise with the fall. I recently had the Wing fall on me and it did some severe soft tissue damage to my ankle which I still haven't fully recovered from.
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 6:36 pm

tinman, I replied to your post but it didn't go through. I use the high pressure only on the tire's and rim's and under the fender's if needed. I use the water not with the pressure handle squeezed on other parts of the scooter and than the low pressure Spot Free Rinse when done. I wasn't ever sure about the high pressure damage as you mention so it is something I will now keep in mind...I thank you for that.
Back to top Go down
SylSki
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 7:18 pm

I would like to take this opportunity to wish friend's on here a Joyous Easter. Friend's are hard to get and it is thankful this Forum can cause us to be so, and our wishes to Forum Manager's as well. Hope we all have many more year's of friendship and health.
Back to top Go down
MartynJ
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MartynJ

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-03-24

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 8:00 pm

Quote :
lower left under carriage has some paint off and an abrassion on the front which I may be able to buff out.

Is that you or the bike?

Sorry about your fall. Hope you are OK. Ironically its sometimes more dangerous when you arn't actually moving in a straight line. I hate maneuvering my bike when not sat on it.
Back to top Go down
MamaConnect
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MamaConnect

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-03-22

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 2:24 am

Ye Gads! Hope you are ok and glad it hurt your pride more than your body!

That had to S U C K

So sorry.....

Lessons learned are best done when there isn't a lot of damage. Knockin on my noggin (aka "Knock on wood") to never be trapped under a bike - no matter what bike it is.

My leather boots now belong to my dirtbikin nephews - even before I saw this post.

Stay safe Dear Veteran - and THANK YOU for your service, and our Freedom.

I love our Veterans!

Back to top Go down
MamaConnect
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MamaConnect

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-03-22

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 2:26 am

p.s. - Not a car wash around these parts in Montana for a minimum of 60 miles - so not worried about the nephews having this problem. Will give them a heads up though....as they will be on cement one day with their big rides.

All 4 boys have Honda dirtbikes. Only pavement they see is crossing Highway 200 to get to the Mountains.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 6:04 pm

SylSki wrote:
I use the high pressure only on the tire's and rim's and under the fender's if needed.
The axle bearings are one place you do not want to use high pressure when you pressure wash your tire's and rim's Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today   New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New To Forum and New Silver Wing Today
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2