Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Silver Wing for sale - UK
I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeby ButlerZoie Today at 4:21 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

I finally got one...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

I finally got one... Empty
PostSubject: I finally got one...   I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:32 am

I finally got a scoot, no it's not a Swing. A friend had a '05 Burgman 400 w/5400 miles that he wanted to sell and the price fit the budget and the scoot fit me. At 5'9" I have short legs and the 28" seat is perfect. I'm waiting on the MSF class but should be riding 1st week of April. The classes are filling up fast. So I am killing time going over the scoot making sure everything is good to go. It's not a tough task, the scoot was well cared for.

Ride safe!
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: I finally got one...   I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:46 am

At 5'9" I have short legs

Sheeeet!,what hope have I got at 5'2"

roflmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I finally got one...   I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:51 am

Kurt, Maybe I should have said, at 5'9" my inseam is just 29". Maybe platform boots would help you? What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: I finally got one...   I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:28 am

Burger 400 - great scoot. Had one for years.

If your seat latch fails give me a holler, I have a quick inexpensive solution.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: I finally got one...   I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:08 pm

Kurt... you type as well as a 6'8" guy. I would never have guess you are so short. But don't let it bother you, my mama was 4'11" and even at 6' I have spent most of my life trying to be as tall as she was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I finally got one...   I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:38 pm

Thanks Doug. The previous owner installed an emergency opening option, a small wire hidden back near the hand rail, just in case keys got locked under the seat, just a pull on the wire and the thing opens.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: I finally got one...   I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:24 pm

Stainless steel wire traces used for fishing are excellent for this purpose. They are also avail. with a coating and come with clips already attached.

ps. I stand tall in all situations, just not as tall as others!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I finally got one...   I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:11 pm

Kurt, that is exactly what was used for the escape tether. I was going to make a comment about the change in avatar, the last seemed pensive, but I didn't want you to think I was trying to draw a parallel with a puffy lizard. Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: I finally got one...   I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:24 am

wes_ingram wrote:
Thanks Doug. The previous owner installed an emergency opening option, a small wire hidden back near the hand rail, just in case keys got locked under the seat, just a pull on the wire and the thing opens.

Wes I fitted that too after having trouble with the seat latch. Looks like the previous owner either had the same problem or the foresight to take precautions!!!!

You can also get access to the latch mechanism by removing the rear plastic panel between the lights. Looking forwards you can see the mechanism, (just), it's simple a 'wiggle' with a long screwdriver or the like to release the mechanism.

Keep your eye on the front lamps, (bulbs) or whatever folk want to call them, they go for a pastime, about every six months or so.

Also, wheel bearing need to be monitored, most of us in the UK seemed to be changing ours about the 12 to 16k mile mark.

Another also, keep pressurised water away from front wheel axle area. It is where the speed sender is situated. I changed four on the five years of Burger 400 ownership. Easy job but at £65, ($105 US), gets annoying having to explain the non mechanical wife why it needs changing so frequently.

I have painted a black picture I know but it doesn't in any way detract from the Burger is a great ride and the angle you can lean it over is way further than the Silver Wing!!!!! Many a stand scrapping experience had with many a grin. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: I finally got one...   I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:38 am

Congratulations on the new ride. I know many that ride the Burgman 400 and it serves them well.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: I finally got one...   I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:34 am

Hey Doug, not a real black picture, all mechanical "stuff" has quirks and it is good to know ahead what to look for when something happens. The cable was installed because the previous owner locked his keys under the seat once, he was cured and installed the preventative measure. I have noticed several guys over on BUSA that were having some sort of issues with their speedometers, I guess they may have used a pressure washer or a do it yourself car wash. Sounds like it drives all the lubricant out. Lamps is OK, I understand what you mean. Thanks for the tips.

Thanks Dale.

Y'all ride safe!
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: I finally got one...   I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:37 am

Dale, there is an on line downloadable manual in pdf format for the Burgman.

I will try and find the link either on my old links or from the www!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I finally got one...   I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:45 am

Doug, I have the Service Manual, got from a UK site.
The "Thanks Dale" was me thanking Dale for the congrats, I'm still Wes.
Here's the link; http://www.wotmeworry.org.uk/manuals/AN-400/AN400_SM_2003.pdf

Be safe out there!

Last edited by wes_ingram on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction. DUH!)
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: I finally got one...   I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:54 am

Doh!!!

Sorry Wes, fingers not brain engaged.

Just found the link and it is the same you have. Found the on line version way better than the actual manual. You can print off just what you need, paw them to death with oil/greasy laden hands and not worry.

Enjoy the Burgy, I really wish I had hung onto mine when I exchanged it for the Wing.

Scenic Burger!!
I finally got one... P1010051

Nekid Burger!!! (Latch cable replacement!).
I finally got one... P1010029
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I finally got one...   I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:07 pm

No worry Doug, it's all part of "Growing Old Gracefully." Suspect
The scenery is beautiful! Your 400 is the same color as mine, Stealth Silver.
BTW, it looks strange undressed.

Ride safe!
Wes
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: I finally got one...   I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:49 am

Wes, its "Growing old DISGRACEFULLY"
growing old gracefully is what you do in a nursing home
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I finally got one...   I finally got one... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:10 pm

Kurt, I'd have to agree, nothing graceful about it! affraid
From the nursing homes that I have seen, not much grace there either.

Ride safe!
Wes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I finally got one...   I finally got one... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I finally got one...
Page 1 of 1