Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:12 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bill tucker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
bill tucker

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2017-07-23

aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? Empty
PostSubject: honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ?   aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi just joined this forum , I bought a 04 silverwing 600 last week and had 16,600 miles, on looking into the owners Manuel it said to change the drive belt at 16,000 miles , after reading some info on this sight I purchased the Dr pully sliders 30gr and a new belt , it was pretty straight forward on the replacement, after getting it all together I went for a ride and it seamed to worked great and i noticed a big difference at HI way speeds, 5100 rpm at 75 mph . now my issue was noticed ridding today at about 60 mph a rattle in the clutch area, is this the new sliders ? I put everything in as directed and works well but at random times at about 60 it will rattle , go faster it stops now I will add that this noise is new , no issues before the replacement? any ideas. thanks. Bill
Back to top Go down
bill tucker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
bill tucker

aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ?   aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 2:30 pm

I took it back apart and double check the torque on the clutch bolt, it was still torqued to 76lb I didn't see any issues. it doesn't do it all the time but every now and then it will make a rattle, let off throttle its stops , go faster it stops ?
Back to top Go down
bill tucker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
bill tucker

PostSubject: Re: honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ?   aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 7:04 pm

I'm sorry I'm new to these bikes , going from big twins to this bike, I like it very much and love how quiet they are its a pleasant change from the loud rumbling , I have put a new givi windscreen on this bike and a givi back rest for the wife , and then the belt and sliders , any way thanks for any info on my issue , I did notice when I cleaned the variators off with carb cleaner that the outside one had a little ridge ? not sure if with the new belt that this is my issue or would it be a big deal?
Back to top Go down
cliffyk
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
cliffyk

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ?   aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 8:07 pm

Open up the variator and make certain all the sliders are positioned correctly. If when installing the variator the ramp plate is not held firmly into the movable pulley it is possible for one or more sliders to rotate from its proper orientation--this can cause a rattle as you describe.

When reassembling make sure you hold the ramp plate firmly into the movable pulley, and keep it so positioned while putting it all back together...

Last edited by cliffyk on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ?   aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 9:26 pm

+1 to what Cliff said.

Welcome to the forum, Bill

Tim
Back to top Go down
bill tucker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
bill tucker

PostSubject: Re: honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ?   aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 9:54 pm

thanks Cliff and Tim, for the info, I tore it back apart and the thing I found was I didn't clean behind the ramp plat and there was a lot of black dust that got into the variator and on the new sliders , I cleaned everything up and put it all back together ,so fare its working good no issues. thanks aging Bill.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ?   aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 2:06 am

Hi Bill and welcome to the best SWing site on the net. As you found out there's lots of people here ready and willing to help.

I ride an 08 SWing and really like it. I've got just over 28,000 miles on mine and from what others have said here I've got plenty more to go.
Back to top Go down
bill tucker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
bill tucker

PostSubject: Re: honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ?   aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 7:07 am

thanks Dale , well as I said before this kind of bike is new to me, but I love riding it , and the ability for hi way riding is great. its funny the looks you get passing people on the hi way on what people think is a moped , I look forward on lots more miles on mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ?   aftermarket  oem belt - honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

honda silverwing 04 new belt and sliders now noise ?
Page 1 of 1