Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
New Belt and Dr. Sliders I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
New Belt and Dr. Sliders I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
New Belt and Dr. Sliders I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
New Belt and Dr. Sliders I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
New Belt and Dr. Sliders I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
New Belt and Dr. Sliders I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
New Belt and Dr. Sliders I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
New Belt and Dr. Sliders I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
New Belt and Dr. Sliders I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
New Belt and Dr. Sliders I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Belt and Dr. Sliders

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

New Belt and Dr. Sliders Empty
PostSubject: New Belt and Dr. Sliders   New Belt and Dr. Sliders I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 12:59 am

I got my new drive belt today (1-2-15) and installed it along with my 26 gram Dr. Sliders. It all went very smoothly and everything went on and works like it should. Now my only problem is having to wait for warm MN weather to take it for a ride and see how it all works going down the road.

The old belt, which was put on about 3,000 miles ago, looked like new and I'm keeping it for a spare. I vacuum sucked it in a Foodsaver vacuum bag. Hopefully that will keep it "preserved". I also measured it against the new belt and it didn't show any signs of wear. It was the same dimensions as the new one. However, as I've mentioned in previous posts the SWing sat for two years under a tarp in FL and I didn't feel secure using it. I hate to break down along the road and have to change it there with traffic going by. At least now I can feel like I can make it from point A to point B without any trouble.

Now to look in the shop manual and figure out how to reset the belt "timer" so it doesn't tell me my belt needs changing 3,000 miles sooner than needed. affraid And, I got the V timer reset too.

New Belt and Dr. Sliders Drive_12
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: New Belt and Dr. Sliders   New Belt and Dr. Sliders I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 11:48 am

Dale,

Congrats on getting your own work done. I'm from Illinois and in the winter we would ride in the cold weather in only a 'speedo' swim suit. And I though you Minnesota people were supposed to be tougher than us Illinois people. Please post pics of what you decide to wear today when you test drive your SWing. :lol!: :lol!:
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: New Belt and Dr. Sliders   New Belt and Dr. Sliders I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 2:07 pm

LOL JeffR. I know we are supposed to be tough here in MN. And we are. However, if I posted photos of me in my "Winter Speedo" I'd probably get kicked off this site due to posting very scary photos. Some would have heart attacks or seizures and it would be my fault. That's why even in the summertime I wear long sleeved shirts and long pants. I'd get arrested as a "terrorist" if I wore summer clothes. affraid

Although, I do like doing my own work on my equipment if I can handle it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Belt and Dr. Sliders   New Belt and Dr. Sliders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Belt and Dr. Sliders
Page 1 of 1