Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Starter switch problems

Go down 
+3
exavid
Dave Weller
RazorbackUofA
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RazorbackUofA
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RazorbackUofA

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2017-04-23

Starter switch problems Empty
PostSubject: Starter switch problems   Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 1:17 pm

Right side switch, includes throttle cable, and starter switch, kill switch.

Issue am having is the starter switch seams to be sticky of wore out.

Symptoms: lights wont come back on after engine starts.

Attempted fix: sprayed inside the housing with dielectric cleaner.

Scenario: The switch is a micro switch cant get inside the micro switch. sprayed with dielectric cleaner as best as could working the switch.

Tech: the Micro switch when engaging the starter will kill the lights so as to send most battery power to starter, and when released the lights come back on,

ONLY problem am having is lights wont come back on, BUT all i have to do is nudge the switch and they work.

anyone else had this issue? i cant seam to fine a replacement part. google just finds used parts anyone know the part number? cant find it in the manual.
Back to top Go down
Dave Weller
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Registration date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Starter switch problems   Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 2:33 pm

Its a common problem on the CBF600 and CBF1000 models, I got mine working again by pulling the starter switch back and the headlight come back on, then sprayed some ACF50 on the switch.
Its been now working fine on my CBF600
When I initially pulled the switch lever back it sounded like a bit of grit was crunched, guess they are a bit exposed.
Some say the wire in the switch heats up and the solder melts.
Regards
Dave
PS. The Parking light Micro switch on the handbrake of my Silverwing was fixed using ACF50 which is a good penetrating oil and metal preservative.
Back to top Go down
RazorbackUofA
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RazorbackUofA

Registration date : 2017-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Starter switch problems   Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 3:03 pm

Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Starter switch problems   Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 8:12 pm

Some contact cleaner and compressed air might help.
Try Motogrid, they still show the switch and cable available.

http://www.motogrid.com/OEMpartfinder.htm?aribrand=HOM#/Honda/FSC600DAC_(07)_SILVER_WING,_JPN,_VIN%23_JH2PF011-7K500001_TO_JH2PF011-7K599999/SWITCH_+_CABLE/FSC600D-07-JPN-AC/2Y14MCT601AMCTAF0300BB
Back to top Go down
Siataukreg
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Siataukreg

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2014-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Starter switch problems   Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 3:50 am

if its the same switch assy. as used in uk i have one compete from a 2003 scoot that i have broken up for spares
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Starter switch problems   Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 11:13 am

siataukreg wrote:
if its the same switch assy. as used in uk i have one compete from a 2003 scoot that i have broken up for spares

Do the FJS models have an "extra" switch on the right side? Our FSC models only have the Run/Stop switch as well as the Start switch on the throttle side. However there is a blank spot between those two switches on that housing which might be intended for a 3rd switch.

If the FJS models have a 3rd switch at that location I'd be curious about the availability a throttle side switch housing & switch assy.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Siataukreg
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Siataukreg

PostSubject: Re: Starter switch problems   Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 6:33 pm

no they are the same switch as yours starter and kill switch only
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Starter switch problems   Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 6:40 pm

While that's not the answer I wanted to hear, but thanks for your reply.
Back to top Go down
Dave Weller
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Registration date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Starter switch problems   Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 10:03 am

Update, Red and Black wire on the starter switch broke away, so soldered it back on.
Back to top Go down
Siataukreg
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Siataukreg

PostSubject: Re: Starter switch problems   Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 6:27 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
siataukreg wrote:

Do the FJS models have an "extra" switch on the right side? Our FSC models only have the Run/Stop switch as well as the Start switch on the throttle side. However there is a blank spot between those two switches on that housing which might be intended for a 3rd switch.

If the FJS models have a 3rd switch at that location I'd be curious about the availability a throttle side switch housing & switch assy.

Tim

The blank place is for a lights switch early ones had off,side,headlamp switch i only found out because i just broke up a 2001 fjs600 and there it is
Back to top Go down
Siataukreg
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Siataukreg

PostSubject: Re: Starter switch problems   Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 6:29 pm

if you want one i have one
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2017-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Starter switch problems   Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 7:53 pm

Dave Weller wrote:
Its a common problem on the CBF600 and CBF1000 models, I got mine working again by pulling the starter switch back and the headlight come back on, then sprayed some ACF50 on the switch.
Its been now working fine on my CBF600
When I initially pulled the switch lever back it sounded like a bit of grit was crunched, guess they are a bit exposed.
Some say the wire in the switch heats up and the solder melts.
Regards
Dave
PS. The Parking light Micro switch on the handbrake of my Silverwing was fixed using ACF50 which is a good penetrating oil and metal preservative.  

Dave you can save that starter switch by using the following procedure when starting, Turn on your key switch, Press the start button on the right handlebar, Holding it down. Then press the rear brake handle. The start Electrical arc is moved from the start switch to the brake light switch, An easy thing to replace, However, They very seldom fail and this system has worked for years on dozens of silver wings with millions of starts and very few failures. Disassembling the right handlebar switch to get that headlight working and stop the starter spinning in the dark is no fun. Practice the method I have explained and it will soon become automatic. I realize Honda does not write this procedure up in their publications, Some of us old timers have developed many things that Honda did not write up. Happy Motoring lloyd 193. swing
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2017-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Starter switch problems   Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 7:57 pm

RazorbackUofA wrote:
Right side switch, includes throttle cable, and starter switch, kill switch.

Issue am having is the starter switch seams to be sticky of wore out.

Symptoms: lights wont come back on after engine starts.

Attempted fix: sprayed inside the housing with dielectric cleaner.

Scenario: The switch is a micro switch cant get inside the micro switch. sprayed with dielectric cleaner as best as could working the switch.

Tech:  the Micro switch when engaging the starter will kill the lights so as to send most battery power to starter, and when released the lights come back on,

ONLY problem am having is lights wont come back on, BUT all i have to do is nudge the switch and they work.

anyone else had this issue? i cant seam to fine a replacement part. google just finds used parts anyone know the part number? cant find it in the manual.

See my response to Dave Weller. Happy motoring lloyd 193. swing
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Starter switch problems   Starter switch problems I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2017 6:08 pm

RazorbackUofA wrote:

Great video and explanation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starter switch problems   Starter switch problems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starter switch problems
Page 1 of 1