Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 9:09 am

» Drive belt prices
aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

how not to change a drive belt,

Go down 
+2
Cosmic_Jumper
cornishtrailsloth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cornishtrailsloth
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2016-10-24

aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, Empty
PostSubject: how not to change a drive belt,   aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 11:35 am

here's a tip for you -

when you take off the rear plastic covers to do the drive belt - if you carefully put them under the scooter while you work and then decide to put a peice of wood under the centre stand to aid filling the final drive oil, you can, with very little practice, get the scooter to fall forward off the stand and land on the plastic cover breaking the end.

Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: how not to change a drive belt,   aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 12:24 pm

affraid Been there too. Not being critical, mind you, but given your youth and number of posts you've got to come to terms with the fact that there is a learning curve here. I really hope that there wasn't too much damage.

Tim
Back to top Go down
cornishtrailsloth
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: how not to change a drive belt,   aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 12:27 pm

Just the back end broken of the front drive cover, patched up for now and don't think it will be a problem - before it happened I had just gone into the house and said to my wife "well, this is going well..."
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: how not to change a drive belt,   aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 1:44 pm

Thanks Cornish, I needed cheering up today :-)
Glad it's all worked out anyway.
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: how not to change a drive belt,   aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 3:07 pm

cornishtrailsloth wrote:
 I had just gone into the house and said to my wife "well, this is going well..."

Never, ever,ever say that!!!!
It is the absolute kiss of death for any job!
(AMHIK! Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
janitorj1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: how not to change a drive belt,   aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 6:05 pm

His youth? How appropriate!
Back to top Go down
cornishtrailsloth
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: how not to change a drive belt,   aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 4:16 pm

steve_h80 wrote:
Thanks Cornish, I needed cheering up today :-)
Glad it's all worked out anyway.

Glad to be of service,
yes - all good really - have put in Dr Pulley rollers (26gr) and slider peices, also changed the oil and filter yesterday - I DID NOT go in to the wife and say "people keep saying that it's easy to damage the oil drain plug but I reckon it'll be fine...."

so it was
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: how not to change a drive belt,   aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 8:26 pm

You young fellows are so impetuous, once you get some seasoning and a bit older these things won't happen.

Mainly because by then one has done it so often there's nothing much left to break. small moped
Back to top Go down
cornishtrailsloth
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: how not to change a drive belt,   aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 3:52 am

An appropriate quote:

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. Francis Bacon

not that I'd imply that any 'authors' here are aged!
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: how not to change a drive belt,   aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 11:52 am

I like bacon too. But not the maple flavored kind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how not to change a drive belt,   aftermarket  oem belt - how not to change a drive belt, I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how not to change a drive belt,
Page 1 of 1