Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I said Farewell...
Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter?   Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 1:10 pm

It can be done for easier access but that my next project.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter?   Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 2:15 pm

The only air filter I see people routinely change to is a K&N.
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter?   Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 1:20 am

save yourself some time and money. The intake is long for a reason. that reason is for some backpressure to make the mas air flow work right. I have tried on several vehicles to no avail. (carbed and FI)
Another thing to consider is that most scooters are more of a torque motor (even though they turn some RPM"s), than it is a HP motor. That is the reason for the long intake (OEM). (check the air flow pattern in it) Also the AIT (air intake temp) is in there. Lots of things to consider.
I messed with my reflex for a few months and put it back stock I gained RPM but lost HP, tricky balance there.
MaxB
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter?   Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:10 am

Geez MaxB,

Thanks for dumping some cold water on my dream of simply bolting on a cool looking airfilter and turning my SilverWing into a 919 beater. Dang engineering and physics.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter?   Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:35 am

As Adam Savage (Mythbusters) would say,
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter?   Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:06 am

I am not saying it is impossible, just hard to do. Lots of variables in the application.

yeah , you can stick a cone on there but, don't expect it to run worth a hoot. Maybe with a long rubber intake..Hmmm

Jdalton: just be happy with smokin harleys at lights hahaha , I do.

Maxb ( who is still tinkering with forethought)
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter?   Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:30 am

MaxB,

Keep up the innovative thoughts. Making things better (improvement) is what it's all about.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter?   Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:18 pm

Went ridin today about 150 miles on the VTX. 68 degrees cloudy damp. BOY, my arthritic knees are sure complainin. May have to invent some electric knee warmers, HAHAHAHAHA

maxB (who's just not as tough as I once thought I was HAHA)
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter?   Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:26 pm

jdeereanton wrote:
Geez MaxB,

Thanks for dumping some cold water on my dream of simply bolting on a cool looking airfilter and turning my SilverWing into a 919 beater. Dang engineering and physics.

Now if we could just fold time/space Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? Icon_lol ......... Now your talkin!!!!!!!! haha Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? Icon_eek

Maxb (WITH PARTIALLY COMPLETED Flux capacitor in the basement) now where did I put that plutonium 235?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter?   Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone replaced their stock airbox with a cone type air filter?
Page 1 of 1