Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

» Greetings From 'Phoenix'
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:07 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Members are getting PM's for requests !!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Members are getting PM's for requests !!! Empty
PostSubject: Members are getting PM's for requests !!!   Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi,

I have been notified that members are getting PM's that are requesting password resets or other things. I'm sorry you are getting these and some members have reported them to me. I have been looking into this the last day or so but so far I have no idea why this is happening. I will keep working on it though and I'm very sorry you are being bothered with these PM's.

Please just delete them if you would and don't bother with them. I hope that all members are not getting these and I'm sorry that some are. But I will get back to all of you when I figure this out.

Thanks,

Jeff
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Members are getting PM's for requests !!!   Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 10:49 pm

Hi Jeff,
Here is one more with pertinent info:

Maybe the email and phone number will ring a bell with someone...
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Members are getting PM's for requests !!!   Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:54 pm

Dick,

Thanks for the heads up but I had to delete most of the info since it was personal info.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

PostSubject: Re: Members are getting PM's for requests !!!   Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 2:58 am

Sorry 'bout that Jeff... shoulda' known better.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Members are getting PM's for requests !!!   Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 4:10 am

Of course you'll only get PM's if you allow it in your Preferences. I set mine to no PM's a few years ago, I've had weirdoinseattle and one or two others messaging me. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

PostSubject: Re: Members are getting PM's for requests !!!   Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 11:52 am

Well, I don't mind PM's; it's just that there was evidently a "wrinkle" in the system this time. Befuddled me because of its contents. Believe JeffR's got a handle on it by now.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Members are getting PM's for requests !!!   Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 11:35 am

Hi,

I think I might have found what might be causing it. It could be 2 things. The first is that you should set your profile to not allow "Allow members to contact me by e-mail" & "Allow visitor messages on my profile ". You will want to have it on "NO". I also made the "Darkside Tire" section available to all and removed the 'moderator' status for those in it. It seems a few who are reporting getting PM's seemed to also be a member of that section. Since we aren't having the heated discussions about Darkside tires I thought I would open it up and remove the 'moderator' status.

So please go into your "Profile" (in the top toolbar) and then go to "Preferences" and look for the 2 things above in this post. If you do this, and keep getting PM's, please come back and tell us moderators. This may be a problem that requires us to narrow down the 'kind' of members who are getting them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Members are getting PM's for requests !!!   Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Members are getting PM's for requests !!!
Page 1 of 1