Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Bath and cleaning I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Bath and cleaning I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Bath and cleaning I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Bath and cleaning I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Bath and cleaning I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Bath and cleaning I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Bath and cleaning I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Bath and cleaning I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Bath and cleaning I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Bath and cleaning I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Bath and cleaning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Bath and cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Bath and cleaning   Bath and cleaning I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2016 6:54 pm

Washed and cleaned my bike today----probably 3500 miles on the last wash. Including salt roads in Michigan

I do not use power washer or car wash but as old style motorcyclist, I like to use Gunk, the old style petroleum based stuff, on engine cases, etc. This time some tree hugger fruit based crap= does not do as good of a job as the old stuff. Wash/clean/wax(pledge) bike and all panels= good way to find anything wrong/falling off.

Point: early morning cold days I have noticed panel shaking noise, first few minutes of operation....goes away for the most part after things warm up. LEFT SIDE front panel, goes near left glove box was loose.

Found tab broken off, the one under the allen head screw. From what--probably last year drop on left side. For me no need to try to repair tab/replace panel----had some tiny self tapping short sheet metal screws, drilled 2 tiny holes----screwed screws in= no more loose panel/noise. Honda had used some brittle plastic on these bikes.

Good wash with real Gunk gets the oil out of the tray it collects in after oil change
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

Bath and cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Bath and cleaning Today at 6:54 pm    Bath and cleaning I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2016 11:22 pm

As they say,what ever floats your boat.I use Simple green and rinse with water on most of the body panels, engine and trans parts. A leaf blower works great for drying off and a little air pressure around the brake pads and calipers. Stay away from wheel bearings.
Good luck Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
Cookie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Cookie

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2011-10-03

Bath and cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath and cleaning   Bath and cleaning I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 3:54 am

I liked the old Gunk which was a very dark colour, almost black. The modern Gunk is red and doesn't seem to work nearly as well. That's progress for you.
I know that things need to be environmentally friendly these days but it does seem to spoil their effectiveness.

I usually check the labels - if something has a skull and crossbones on the label or states 'harmful to health' you can bet it'll do a good job.
Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Bath and cleaning
Page 1 of 1