Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions

Go down 
+7
gremlin
"Hi Yo"
Dale N.
westgl
Art
exavid
cotetoi
11 posters
AuthorMessage
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions   Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 11:43 am

I can't say anything bad about 2015, but I can relate to the health issues we get in our later years. My 2014 was pretty miserable: We went to France for 3 weeks in August, and upon my return I got a bad anal fissure. Not sure why or how, but I've had issues in that area so it was no big surprise: but the damned pain was. It is the most horrible pain I've experienced. My open left leg did not feel that bad ( I was on IV morphine for the worst of it), but for this one, no pain killer seemed to work.
I was sidelined for the rest of the season., and could do nothing with the great fall weather. And that feeling of helplessness does not help at all. Absolutely nothing could ease that pain. It took a strict routine of watching what I ate and supplemented with roughage, etc to finally get over the worst and have some semblance of normality. 2015 was relatively pain free for me, and I am thankful that I have good days now. I remind myself to thank God everyday.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions   Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 7:03 pm

cotetoi I gotta say I thought I was the only one in the world to have that ailment. Went through the cycle several times before resulting to surgery. Never had another problem but I can sure sympathize with you.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions   Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 8:36 pm

exavid, there were times when the same thought occurred to me. Thanks to the internet, I was able to find info on it. It is a fairly common ailment, but due to the sensitive nature few people talk about it.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions   Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 12:04 am

I had to look up 'anal fissure' heard of it but never looked it up before, sounds awful
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions   Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 1:23 am

I just remembered, you are the only one on the world with that. I was the only one on the world with an anal fistula. Not pleasant either.
Back to top Go down
westgl
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2014-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions   Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 5:10 pm

NICE

Last edited by westgl on Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions   Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 6:13 pm

Young whippersnapper doctor inherited the old man's medical practice and patients. One night after supper, the young man informs the old man that he has cured one of his father's patients. This one would visit every week without fail, with the same complaint: improving one week, then down the following week. Dad looks at whippersnapper: " How do you think I got you through med school? ".
Just thought I'd lighten the mood a little.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
westgl
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions   Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 7:20 pm

Yup sounds good

Last edited by westgl on Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions   Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 2:14 pm

I've already told my kids that if I come down with some kind of incurable cancer I'm not getting radiation or chemo. I'll just tell the doctor to give me something for the pain once it gets too strong for me to function and let nature take its course. My father and brother both died from cancer and withered away with all the radiation and chemo they got. Not to mention the pain and suffering they went through.

I did have prostate cancer but it was still confined in the prostate. They just took it out and I'm good to go, so far.
Back to top Go down
westgl
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions   Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 3:03 pm

Yeah Me to

Last edited by westgl on Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
westgl
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions   Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 3:12 pm

Yeah I think so

Last edited by westgl on Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
westgl
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions   Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 3:14 pm

that's right

Last edited by westgl on Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions   Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 3:56 pm

I'm out of here. Off to Web MD to discuss motorcycles. Laughing
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions   Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 6:12 pm

westgl wrote:
So oxygenate the body and get it back to balanced acid and alkaline and fix a few other things like leaky gut and the repair begins

With all due respect, do you really think that this is the right forum to spread your opinions about alternative medicine? Not just one, but a whole series of lectures about the evils of modern medicine. Evil or Very Mad I am sure there are plenty of other forums where you can engage in these subjects; most of us are just on here to discuss matters relating to maxi scooters and we are happy to read any contributions you have to make regarding that subject.
Back to top Go down
sctr199
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
sctr199

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions   Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 11:35 pm

Hi Yo wrote:
 I'm out of here.  Off to Web MD to discuss motorcycles.       Laughing

But seriously, there are some great forums at HealingWell.Com which may be helpful to those of us, including myself , who have experienced life-threatening health issues study
Back to top Go down
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions   Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 1:56 am

Hi Yo wrote:
 I'm out of here.  Off to Web MD to discuss motorcycles.       Laughing

:lol!: Razz :lol!: Smile

That's better than all the jokes on Kurt's Korner!!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions   Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 4:55 am

PeterC wrote:
That's better than all the jokes on Kurt's Korner!!

G'day, I've noticed the old Sandgroper hasn't been on here for a while. He's maybe gone walkabout, opal mining, or even joke mining. scratch Smile
Back to top Go down
razorback
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
razorback

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2016-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions   Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 9:21 am

Dale N. wrote:
I've already told my kids that if I come down with some kind of incurable cancer I'm not getting radiation or chemo. I'll just tell the doctor to give me something for the pain once it gets too strong for me to function and let nature take its course. My father and brother both died from cancer and withered away with all the radiation and chemo they got. Not to mention the pain and suffering they went through.

I did have prostate cancer but it was still confined in the prostate. They just took it out and I'm good to go, so far.

thats the way i feel .. ride off into the sunset on my silver wing.....

FWIW i found out i had bladder cancer, confined to bladder. taking BCGs, dad died of colon cancer ... we all started dieing when we was born so its a simply a race to the finish line.

Why I/WE ride ..... :flower: for me i ride for the therapeutics it provides my brain and body, i ride to work and ride ride ride, only thing that keeps me from rideing is ICE. dress for the weather. a 10 min ride to work normaly takes 2-3 hours [i work 11-7]
Back to top Go down
razorback
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
razorback

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2016-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions   Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 9:24 am

Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions 12650610
Back to top Go down

Grumpy Old Men: medical opinions
Page 1 of 1