Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» TSUBOSS Brake Discs
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 11:53 am

» Not sure so I ask our British friends.
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 11:40 am

» 2011 Swing trike for sale
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby VABird Yesterday at 10:10 am

» [solved]Merge ignition trigger wires and break wires?
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby XDM© Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:32 pm

» RaceTech Fork Emulators
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:26 pm

» Warning lights coming on
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby The Bern Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:57 pm

» Michelin City Grip tires
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:51 pm

» Front wheel valve assembly problems
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:38 pm

» Just a beautiful day to ride
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:09 am

» Clutch Bell puller tool
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby ramy gamal Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:36 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

anyone used stop n go tire repair

Go down 
AuthorMessage
razorback
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
razorback

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2016-01-31

anyone used stop n go tire repair Empty
PostSubject: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 9:47 am

Back to top Go down
Cookie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Cookie

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 10:12 am

I've used one a couple of times. They do work well. It's best to wait a couple of minutes after pulling the stem with pliers to seat the head before you cut the stem off. This is because it retracts a bit after stretching it and if you cut it straight away the cut end might retract a bit more and end up below the surface of the tyre.

I think I prefer the 'wiggly worm' type but there's not a lot to choose between the two methods.

I would use a pump rather than the CO2 cartridges though. I used cartridges once and the CO2 seems to be very intolerant of temperature changes - my pressure varied wildly all over the place afterwards until I let it all out and re-inflated with normal air.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 2978
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 10:19 am

last flat---screw in tire/ did not work---by time I demounted tire for inside repair----just decided on new tire.

I always carry pump and various cheap repair kits.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 10:30 am

Thanks for the post. This looks like a good system more so having watched the video.
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 11:15 am

I just use the same tire plugs I use on my car tires, they work well, and don't cost near as much
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2637
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 2:10 pm

I carry a 12V compressor and a regular tire plug set. I've also used the orange plastic screw in tire repair plugs. I still have a couple in my bike's kit. I had to use one last year when I got a screw in the rear tire of my 650GT. The thing worked well, I just unscrewed the metal screw in the tire, screwed in the plug and broke off its handle. I'd intended to use the patch just for a day until I could get a replacement tire but my dealer was out of stock. I ordered a new set of tires but ended up riding on the patched rear tire for a bout ten days. That was one time I was real glad my bike has a tire pressure monitoring system. The plug held and lost no air during the week I had it in my tire. Very quick and easy to install too, no tools needed. I only consider a plugged tire as an emergency repair for a motorcycle but one can get you home.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Victor-Automotive-60204-8-Tire-Repair-Kit-Plug-Go/40667634
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Site Admin
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1591
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 2:46 pm

That Stop N Go looks like a neat system. I've use the string/worm type on several automobile tires before with no problems. I might just have to pick one up to have just in case...
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Easyrider

Number of posts : 947
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 1:51 pm

What I have learned is that you need a screw on connection for the CO2 cartridge. I wasted two cartridges while using a hand held inflation device.
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Flyingpanman

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 7:26 pm

AA man used this to repair my puncture in rear wheel. It got me home, but next day was totally flat. With surprising ease, I pushed the plug into the tyre.

I cleaned the hole with alcohol and used rubber glue and the sticky worm type kits. Covered around 2,000 miles with no loss of pressure but I now carry a small 12volt compressor and the sticky string/worm type repair kit.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2637
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 8:39 pm

I've never considered a patched tire anything but a 'get home' temporary fix. No problem with a car but on a motorcycle I won't ride any farther than necessary. I've had a sudden flat years ago and don't want to repeat it.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1669
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 9:25 pm

Depending on the size and location of the problem I've used string, plug and prayer. I prefer a dismount and use the inside out patch plug style, bought from NAPA. You can get them in different sizes.
Back to top Go down
ericclapham
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ericclapham

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2014-01-30

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 10:19 pm

I recently used the Stop-and Go kit to repair a nail hole in a rear scooter tyre. It was a Sunday out with my Club and happened about 80Ks from home. The rubber mushroom took about three goes to finally insert properly - practice makes perfect ! I also carry a mini 12V compressor. These items have been carried regularly (unused) on rides out for about 21/2 years and I'm glad I packed them on this occasion. The repair initially had a very slow leak but seemed to bed-in and become leak-free after 20-30Ks. Anyway, it got me home and is maintaining pressure 5 weeks after the event.For peace of mind, regularly riding at 100KPH+, I will fit a new tyre though.
Back to top Go down

anyone used stop n go tire repair
Page 1 of 1