Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Nealey Tire Repair Kit I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Nealey Tire Repair Kit I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Nealey Tire Repair Kit I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Nealey Tire Repair Kit I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Nealey Tire Repair Kit I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Nealey Tire Repair Kit I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Nealey Tire Repair Kit I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Nealey Tire Repair Kit I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Nealey Tire Repair Kit I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Nealey Tire Repair Kit I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Nealey Tire Repair Kit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Nealey Tire Repair Kit Empty
PostSubject: Nealey Tire Repair Kit   Nealey Tire Repair Kit I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 12:52 pm

I already have the Stop-N-Go ( http://www.stopngo.com/motorcycle.asp ) Pocket Tire Plugger. In fact I got a chance to test two plugs on a tire and then removed the the tire to visually check the plug ... I am glad that I did I learned more about the plugs.

Later I helped a Harley Davidison stranded on the side of the interstate after dark. We were able to put some air into the tire (not full pressusre) though the plug leaked some air when you tested with some saliva.

I had pulled the plug with my leatherman from the top of the plug (closest to mushroom) a good 1 1/2 - 2 inches to seat the plug. I then released the plug and then carefully cut the plug flush with the surface. When I tested the plug with saliva the air was coming around the sides of the plug.

With the plug not completely sealing the leak, I have been investigating other alternatives. I found this Nealey Tire Repair kit ( http://www.tirerepairkit.com/default.htm ), which does not take cement - which can dry out just when you need it most.

I had read previously that the Stop-N-Go plugs could be cut by the steel cords in tires ... I wanted a tire plug that would not be susceptible to this problem due to my darkside tire. The Nealey Tire repair kit has reinforced strands which helps. According to the Nealey FAQ ( http://www.tirerepairkit.com/FAQ.htm ) they say that the tire repair is permanent.

I just ordered it. I will have to wait till an emergency or when I have to replace a tire before I can test it ... so I can visually inspect the inside of the tire after the test.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Nealey Tire Repair Kit   Nealey Tire Repair Kit I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:16 pm

For the years 1978 through 1989 I operated an Exxon service station here in my little town. I fixed many many flats. I was raised with the idea that plugging a tire was dangerous. For many years I resisted even listening to any salesman suggesting their use. One day, I had a salesman that called on me regularly come in the station and ask me to come outside. I followed him out to his car and watched that crazy man take an ice pick and stab the side wall of his front tire. His tire looked like a porcupine. In those days no patch was available to repair ANY sidewall puncture. He took a plug from a pack and used his tool to plug that hole and I became a believer. I used thousands of them from that day until I got out of the business later. The brand was Safety Seal. They are a semi cured vulcanized rubber that bonds to the tire with heat generated by the running of the tire. I have had other plugs that have failed to work for me, but I still ask for the Safety Seal when I need a tire repaired on my car. None have failed except in a few catastrophic slash injuries.

I sent the following email to the company and got their reply.

"
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary H Goolsby" <ggoolsby.garyh@gmail.com>
To: <nslc@erols.com>
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2009 9:09 PM
Subject: Safety Seal for motorcycle tires
Sirs... i am curious about using your product on a motorcycle tire.
Do yall have any experience or data regarding using Safety Seal for
that use?

I have used your product many times in the past for automobile tire repair.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary, Safety Seal is used exclusively in Japan at all Honda Motorcycle facilities. We do not promote Safety Seal as a motorcycle tire in the U.S. but many people use the product. As in the case of all tire repairs make sure you follow the Safety Seal instruction closely.
Doug Dunsmore "

I am confident that they will work for the Swing and plan to pick up a kit to keep with me.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Nealey Tire Repair Kit   Nealey Tire Repair Kit I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:10 pm

Opalsboy wrote:
For the years 1978 through 1989 I operated an Exxon service station here in my little town. I fixed many many flats. I was raised with the idea that plugging a tire was dangerous. For many years I resisted even listening to any salesman suggesting their use. One day, I had a salesman that called on me regularly come in the station and ask me to come outside. I followed him out to his car and watched that crazy man take an ice pick and stab the side wall of his front tire. His tire looked like a porcupine. In those days no patch was available to repair ANY sidewall puncture. He took a plug from a pack and used his tool to plug that hole and I became a believer. I used thousands of them from that day until I got out of the business later. The brand was Safety Seal. They are a semi cured vulcanized rubber that bonds to the tire with heat generated by the running of the tire. I have had other plugs that have failed to work for me, but I still ask for the Safety Seal when I need a tire repaired on my car. None have failed except in a few catastrophic slash injuries.

I wish they had more information and instructions for the "on the wheel" patch.

The Safety Seal +PLUS+ The Liquid Patch looks very impressive and would be very useful for me also since I have my own NoMar CycleHill Tire Changer when I would like to make a repair on the inside.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Nealey Tire Repair Kit   Nealey Tire Repair Kit I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:56 pm

Hey Bill,

When you get your kit are you going to offer "Road Side Service"? We will just need your cell phone number so we can call you if we get a flat !!! Nealey Tire Repair Kit 967865
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Nealey Tire Repair Kit   Nealey Tire Repair Kit I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:46 pm

JeffR wrote:
When you get your kit are you going to offer "Road Side Service"? We will just need your cell phone number so we can call you if we get a flat !!!

It is important not to wait till you have a flat on the side of the road to know how well your tire repair kit and procedures will work!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nealey Tire Repair Kit   Nealey Tire Repair Kit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nealey Tire Repair Kit
Page 1 of 1