Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Sliders installed...but have a question I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Sliders installed...but have a question I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Sliders installed...but have a question I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Sliders installed...but have a question I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Sliders installed...but have a question I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Sliders installed...but have a question I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Sliders installed...but have a question I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Sliders installed...but have a question I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Sliders installed...but have a question I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Sliders installed...but have a question I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Sliders installed...but have a question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
markgable
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Sliders installed...but have a question Empty
PostSubject: Sliders installed...but have a question   Sliders installed...but have a question I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 10:30 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. Just acquired a 2008 SilverWing. Have learned so much from this forum prior to joining, thanks for the great info!
I just installed 24g Dr. Pulley sliders, everything went smooth. I also ordered the Dr. Pulley "variator slides" the little U shaped end pieces for the ramp plate. I put these on, but they were VERY tight, and did not allow the ramp to slide on the shaft as I thought it should. I put the stock slides back on with the new slider weights and the Silverwing showed immediate better response and acceleration with reduced vibration, as I have read I should expect.
My question is this...should these new "slider caps?" fit this tight. Should the ramp plate easily slide up and down on the axle shaft, or be a very tight fit with little to no movement? I went the safe route and re-installed the stock caps, but now I have these new pieces and don't know if I should put them on or not...maybe they are the wrong size???
Any help appreciated!
Mark
Back to top Go down
hankster
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2015-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Sliders installed...but have a question   Sliders installed...but have a question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 12:15 am

They should slide easily. I have found that the slides from Dr. Pulley tend to be tight. I did try some on my previous Piaggio and they were tight. Learned that many people had to sand them to get them to slide properly.
Back to top Go down
markgable
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Sliders installed...but have a question   Sliders installed...but have a question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 9:57 am

hankster wrote:
They should slide easily. I have found that the slides from Dr. Pulley tend to be tight. I did try some on my previous Piaggio and they were tight. Learned that many people had to sand them to get them to slide properly.

I'm glad I did not leave them on based on what your saying. I will likely try the sanding route and see if that works. The stock slides did not look worn though, so I may stick with that and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Sliders installed...but have a question   Sliders installed...but have a question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 11:04 am

I used the original slides and no problems. Dr Pulley does say that their slides need to filed down to fit. If I were you I would not dismantle everything just to put the slides in, I doubt you would notice any difference.
Back to top Go down
markgable
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Sliders installed...but have a question   Sliders installed...but have a question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 11:29 am

Old Limey wrote:
I used the original slides and no problems. Dr Pulley does say that their slides need to filed down to fit. If I were you I would not dismantle everything just to put the slides in, I doubt you would notice any difference.

Thanks for the advice, that's was I was thinking as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sliders installed...but have a question   Sliders installed...but have a question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sliders installed...but have a question
Page 1 of 1