Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Second Ride on my S'wing I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Second Ride on my S'wing I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Second Ride on my S'wing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Second Ride on my S'wing I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Second Ride on my S'wing I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Second Ride on my S'wing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Second Ride on my S'wing I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Second Ride on my S'wing I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Second Ride on my S'wing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Second Ride on my S'wing I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Second Ride on my S'wing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tone
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tone

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2014-11-20

Second Ride on my S'wing Empty
PostSubject: Second Ride on my S'wing   Second Ride on my S'wing I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 10:42 am

Only the second time out today - weather (high Winds) and commitments have stopped me going out since fetching the bike from where I bought it two weeks ago.
I have fitted a RAM brake reservoir cover mounting ball and adjusted the rear suspension from 2 to the 3 setting plus checked the tyre pressures.
I would not have credited what a difference resetting the shocks have made! I decided to recce the local Honda Club branch meeting place about fifteen miles away which meant taking in mainly country roads with a lot of muck and not very good repairs etc.
Apart from the state of the roads I also ran into rain, which made going through some of the farm areas interesting.
I was very pleased with the ride, the jarring has gone - I took the long way back. I shall lower the windscreen, as I had raised it slightly before setting out and don't like looking at the road through raindrops.
I shall also get a shorter RAM arm for the GPS, as I found the screws were coming loose with the vibration (shame there are only two and not four on the reservoir cap).
Cleaning when I got back was a doddle - really like this bike!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Second Ride on my S'wing   Second Ride on my S'wing I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 1:37 pm

Glad that you are getting your adjustments correct on your bike. Before I had the "Dennis B" gps mount I got the "U type bracket and put it on the handlebar and it worked nice. It keeps the gps in front but it was also a very sturdy mount and keeps the gps out of the wind. You may want to think of this kind of mount instead of the brake reservior.

I also found that if I keep the tires a couple of lbs more than the manual states that it seemed to ride a bit better. Maybe it was just me though. I also keep my shocks on 4 for me and 5 with my wife riding. I'm 210 lbs so maybe I just needed it to be on 4. I have the Honda CTX700 now, and really enjoy it, but I found that the SWing was a very comfortable bike. I had mine for 7 years and I didn't see anything else out there that would make me change. I thought of the Burgman 650 but also thought that it wouldn't be a big enough of a change to spend thousands more dollars on. I only buy new so I would have had to put in a lot more money.

Also, have you thought about the Hyperpro progressive front springs? I change out and it seemed to have a much more 'motorcycle' feeling in the front. I know some here like to keep things stock but the springs and windshield were my best mods that I did on the SWing, IMO. Keep us informed on how you like your Swing the more you ride it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Gustafa
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Gustafa

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2015-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Second Ride on my S'wing   Second Ride on my S'wing I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 9:49 am

Getting some trial through fire in the weather huh? Glad to see you still love it!

I logged about 560 miles this weekend and she was great. Two-thirds of that was freeway and she handled like a champ. Loaded saddlebags and trunk as well. Shocks on 3, great ride, can really tell the difference from them being on 1 when I bought it a few months back.

Rode from Memphis to Nashville and met up with a friend on his Harley and we rode the Natchez Trace, which is a nice curvy nature area, had a blast!

Heres us on one of the overlooks, Im obviously on the yellow Swing (which you cant see the valley behind us, sorry!)

Second Ride on my S'wing Hdswin10
Back to top Go down
Tone
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tone

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Second Ride on my S'wing   Second Ride on my S'wing I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 4:30 pm

Wow, that sounds like a great ride! Look forward to doing something similar myself eventually but not in a British winter. We have severe flooding in the North at the moment but here in the Midlands it is variable but still quite mild.
Your bike is the first yellow Swing I have seen - looks fantastic..... cheers
Back to top Go down
Gustafa
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Gustafa

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2015-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Second Ride on my S'wing   Second Ride on my S'wing I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 5:02 pm

Thanks Tone,

We are having a mild start to December, dont know what the rest of our winter looks like yet.

I bought the Swing used, previous owner hand painted it yellow. I like it for now, its hi-viz, helps during the short days when the light fades early. I may take the tupperware off and have it all cleaned up and painted white during the harsh winter at an auto body place, we shall see!
Back to top Go down
Bash On!
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2015-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Second Ride on my S'wing   Second Ride on my S'wing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 8:58 am

Yellow does help.  Big difference in conspicuity between you and your riding partner.  Besides the yellow paint, your lighter color jacket makes you much more visible. (My SW is black.  Bought new in August, I didn't have a choice in color! Wear Hi-Viz to compensate.)

Congrats on the new ride!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second Ride on my S'wing   Second Ride on my S'wing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second Ride on my S'wing
Page 1 of 1