Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Soft Saddlebags

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Soft Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Soft Saddlebags   Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:55 am

I'm looking to purchase some saddle bags for my Swing to increase my capacity for those weekend trips to the cottage. I've got my eye on some Givi T438n bags (pricey,but quality stuff). Anybody out there had good results with some of the other stuff. The market is flooded with choices just looking for some user experience.
Back to top Go down

Soft Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Saddlebags   Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:48 am

First, I don't have real world experience. I've been looking for a while for my options (soft vs. hard trunk). I also liked these (Cortech) - combination tail bag _ saddlebags.
Soft Saddlebags 3n53m23ob5Q75Pa5R398v9f97bd869eff1c73Soft Saddlebags 3n33p03lc5Q15P25R798vbb4b68062fd91da2Soft Saddlebags 3n33p23lf5Q75P55R898v8e3ec61b115e194f
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3791
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Soft Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Saddlebags   Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:13 pm

I have Givi T421s:

http://www.motostrano.com/git4vosaba1.html

Very good and I've not had to expand them yet although I always carry too much stuff!

Incidentally, Givi bags are NOT waterproof, barely showerproof, so I always pack my gear in plastic sacks, just in case of a surprise downpour.
The waterproof shower-caps do the job but I don't like putting them on unless I'm sure of a wet journey.
Back to top Go down

Soft Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Saddlebags   Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:29 am

I have both saddlebags and a bag for my passenger seat. I got the passenger seat second, and if I had gotten it first, I wouldn't have gotten the side bags. I find them difficult to use, b/c they limit your ability to use the space under your seat, and the connections (I've tried both bungees and straps) get melted by the engine sometimes.

The saddlebags are Givi T427 Voyager Saddlebags. 10"x18"x13". 36-liter volume. Black. Includes rain cover. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/900/286/.
Soft Saddlebags Givi_t10

The passenger seat bag is the Saddlemen TS3200 Deluxe Sport Tail Bag. It expands at the sides, and holds a great deal of "stuff." http://www.cycleluggage.com/saddlemen_ts3200.html. Actually, this one is on sale at CycleLuggage (where I got the picture from, I didn't buy it here) for a lot less than I paid.
Soft Saddlebags Saddle10
Hope this helps,

Mandy
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Soft Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Saddlebags   Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:35 am

That's a nice looking bag, Mandy.
Does it sit snuggly over the pillion seat?
Back to top Go down

Soft Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Saddlebags   Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:40 am

Very snuggly. And very large when you open both side zippers, which doesn't show in the picture. I have a top box as well, and I generally wrap the bag strap around the bottom of the top box, just for extra security.

I like the bag, and it really does look good on the scoot. Plus, the $85 price tag is really good!. It isn't waterproof itself, but comes with a waterproof bag that fits inside it and holds your stuff.
Back to top Go down

Soft Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Saddlebags   Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:41 am

I forgot. Saddlemen also makes a similar bag, but the side can be zipped off. A friend of mine got this and is very happy with it.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Soft Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Saddlebags   Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:44 am

Thanks, Mandy.
I'll check out the other bag, too.
Back to top Go down

Soft Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Saddlebags   Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:30 pm

I will say that Saddleman bag looks nice if theres no passenger. I like the saddlebags that Mike H. has on his bike in the album section.I sent him a pm. to find out who makes those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soft Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Saddlebags   Soft Saddlebags I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soft Saddlebags
Page 1 of 1