Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Tell us about your Silver Wing

Go down 
+5
honda_silver
Bernardo
JeffR
jdeereanton
skiwoods
9 posters
AuthorMessage
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Tell us about your Silver Wing Empty
PostSubject: Tell us about your Silver Wing   Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 6:47 pm

Let's share stuff about our S'wings...

Mine:

Year - Color: 2002 - Red
Miles: 9991 as of 12-31-08
Extras: Amplifier and speakers, Givi top box, Givi windshield, a little extra chrome on the tupperware under the seat
Longest trip: about 200 miles
Took ownership: Spring of 2008. First Motor bike of any kind ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about your Silver Wing   Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 7:21 pm

Good Idea -

Kim's
Year - 2005
Color - Titanium
Extras - Custom Seat / Upgraded dash to 2007 / Corbin Glove Box for back rest / Givi V-46 top box
Longest Trip - 2,500 miles over 12 days (Hurricane Gustav forced a route change).
Owned since new in June 2006
Current Mileage - 17,423

Dale's
Just like Kim's but with 17,908 miles on the odometer.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about your Silver Wing   Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 7:38 pm

My Silver Wing:

Year: 2007 bought in March of '07
Color: Titanium
Miles: 19,200

Additions: J. Costa variator, K&N air filter, Kevlar belt, Givi & Clearview windshield, 3-Brothers backrest, top box from ebay, Throttle lock, larger grips, Hyper-pro progessive front springs.

Longest ride was about 450 miles in one day all over the Central Valley of California. It was a group ride with our Bay Area Maxi Riders group.

I will say that for performance the J. Costa is great and for handling the Hyper-pro's are excellent. The springs give the SWing more of a m/c handling. If you plan on keeping your SWing long this is one great improvement and they only cost about $155.00 .

Great idea. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about your Silver Wing   Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 7:46 pm

This is a good idea. cheers

2004-Silver (Bought new in Aug. of 06)
Around 6600 miles (I thought it was less)
Extras: Givi Windshield
Givi Top Box w/Brake Lite
Tank Bag
Bike Buoy
Throttle Lock
K&N Air Filter
Longest trip so far..........about 400 miles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about your Silver Wing   Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 8:25 pm

I'm so excited I bought a new Red 09 Silverwing that is still at the dealers. santa I will pick it up around March.
I'm hoping this year to put on a Givi trunk with the lights
Plus I have to come up with a name...LOL

My 04 Yellow Helix has an extra truck, a front strobe, a LED back light under the luggage rack. I'm going to miss the "Canary". When I rode I left a note for my husband (who does not enjoy riding) that said, "The Canary and I are flying" sunny
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about your Silver Wing   Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:51 am

Hi Folks,

I have a Silver 03 model which I bought a year ago ostensibly as a commuter with a bit of "attitude" and hopefully a bit of fun... :D Within a few months the fun mode had taken over completely, and I was hooked back onto two wheels.... Then over the next 8 months or so I had various bits and pieces fitted. My affection for the S'wing grew, and what with it having becoming one of my main hobbies and a preffered way of chilling out, I set out to see if it was possible to tweak it to get more power and acceleration. Afterall, a 50 bhp engine, and all that power loss...! Sad Only 37bhp or thereabouts at the back wheel after going through that power sapping but very practical CVT drivetrain). In short the tweaks worked very well, and despite putting a dent into my wallet, have more than paid for themselves with the added "fun factor" bounce

Don't get me wrong, the scoot is also great as stock... I guess I needed a project and something to help me through my mid life crisis!!! To illustrate how good it is, I eventually also bought a bike with twice the horsepower (more mid life crisis) but I only use it 10% of the time. The S'wing is my workhorse and much more.

Best luggage Mod.... Givi monolock topbox (check out E-bay!) I went for a 46 litre one..... good enough for another two helmets(the trick is to turn one of them on their side to get both in!)

Best comfort mod..... laminar lip and ears (though an airhawk seat cushion is good as well for long runs)

Best economy mod..... Power commander (improved fuel economy, more so with the dyno, engine much smoother, throttle response also much better)

Best safety mod...... Hyperpro progressive springs (better ride handling and slightly better braking, and control under braking)

Best performance mod..... J Costa Variator (also reduces belt slap, and is noiser than the stock variator, makes a buzzy more business like sound)

Best feel good factor...... Free flowing exhaust can (though the J Costa, is good for nosie too, except that with the louder exhaust you don't hear the variator noise)

If I could only have one mod, it would be the J Costa variator, which IMHO makes the most significant change with improved acceleration, at the expense of a little low speed, and average speed fuel economy. Over 70mph it actually improves the economy.

I've already posted a review about the laminar lip, will add further reviews in the future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about your Silver Wing   Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:47 pm

My first SWing was a silver color 2004 non ABS model.

I traded it in at about 9800 miles. Nothing wrong with it - it ran like a top but I foolishly thought that I would prefer a Burg 400 (wrong I was). My longest ride was about 300 miles - from Solano County (CA) to Bridgeport, CA (east side of the Sierras) and then back to the west side and spent the nite in Sonora. Did many overnight rides to places like Mammoth Lakes; Redding; Oakhurst; and Ft Bragg, CA.

My current SWing is a 2007 ABS model, Titanium color. Bought new on Nov 12, 2008. Mileage is about 760 miles and so far my longest ride was about 110 miles.

Add ons: Cee Bailey windshield; Givi Flow 36 liter topcase; Leg Deflectors; Hand Deflectors; Alaska Leather sheepskin seat cover;
J&M Intragtr Music system; and a U.S. flag reflective decal.

:D
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about your Silver Wing   Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:57 pm

TeeMon wrote:
Nothing wrong with it - it ran like a top but I foolishly thought that I would prefer a Burg 400 (wrong I was).

Come to the Darkside (ready you are) Wink
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about your Silver Wing   Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:13 pm

Hi to everyone
2003 Red Silverwing
4500 miles
Purchased last summer with less than 1500 miles.
Stock, Just ordered Dennis's GPS mount and have a throttle rest.
Scala Q2 intercoms
Longest trip so far just over 200 miles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Diane's 2003 Silverwing   Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:29 am

2003 Light Candy Apple Red with ABS. 30,000 miles. I like the ABS.

Givi tall windscreen and Givi tailbag. I used some soft luggage a few times before I bought the tailbag. I got the tall windscreen because I am tall and I could hear a roaring sound with the shorter windscreen. I asked another SWing rider about the roaring and she said, "What roaring sound?". She is about 6 inches shorter than I am. As soon as I got the taller windscreen and my head no longer stuck up over the windscreen, the roaring sound stopped.

I got a made-to-order Russell Day-long seat just after I bought the SWing. Took off the sliding adjustor as I needed all the leg room I could get. When they rebuilt the seat and covered it, the adjustor was gone and I had more room. It's very comfortable. We've had other motorcycle seats rebuilt, too.

Loops to hook bungees in. My husband put those on.
I can't think of any other changes.

There were some "rubbed" marks on the side from soft luggage and bungees. Last summer the swing sank like a hippo in a horrible rainstorm in Utah. It laid down in the gravel and was scraped up some on the left side fender. My '03 got a makeover in the form of a new side piece and it looks better than ever. Just a reminder, put a piece of wood or metal under the kickstand in hot asphalt or dirt/gravel (especially when you think it might rain!)

Diane
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: My Swing   Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:30 pm

I own a 2007 Silver Wing in Titanium/Silver. I purchased it new in July of 2008 and have put just about 4,000 miles on it. I am a large guy, (6'5" and ~235 LBS), so I found out right away that the OEM windshield wouldn't work for me. The wind blast was hitting me directly in the eyes and ears. Within a month after buying my bike I replaced the original windshield with Givi and what a difference! It is as if I am riding inside a bubble of quiet air. I also put on a Givi Topcase, with a back rest. But I live in Colorado, so at this altitude and my size, I felt like I wanted a bit more power, so I could pass road slugs quickly and climb hills a bit better.

So after reading many posts online from guys like JeffR and Bernardo (thanks for your help btw) about how I could boost the power and performance of the Swing with a few simple modifications, over the Holiday's I put on a K & N air filter, Leo Vince Exhaust, and a J Costa Variator.

I must say that I love the way the bike performs now. At some point I may put on a Power Commander, heated grips, extended mirrors, and aftermarket seat with back rest, but for now I plan to simply enjoy riding every chance I get. I really need to slow down on my spending blitz. This stuff can become an obsession! I am hoping that I can find some local scooter nuts to ride with. Anybody out there in Colorado?
Back to top Go down
DenGraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DenGraham

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about your Silver Wing   Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:08 am

Well okay, I'll join in:

Year - 2006
Color - Blue
Extras - Extended mirrows, Cee Bailey Windshield, Quad LED License Frame, Brake Light Modulator, Modifed Back Rest
Longest Trip - 200 miles. Our community goes out twice each week.
Owned since September 2008 I bought from a guy that was 84.
Current Mileage - 7,600

Previously owned a CB750 but that was 30 years ago. I'm still saving my pennies for the J. Costa Variator and maybe the new front end springs. I am waiting to see if I need a GIVI top case. I guess I need to buy a good cover. I'm working on some photos and info on my installed items. Love the ride!
Back to top Go down
Scooterian
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Scooterian

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about your Silver Wing   Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Brand new 04 Silverwing purchased in October of 2007. I actually drove a truck from Maine to Pittsburgh (where I picked up some old college buddies) and we continued on to Chanute, Kansas where I purchased the SWing. These are very good friends. Anyway, I immediately started making modifications:

~ X-large Clearview
~ Homemade turn signal buzzer
~ Burgman 400 mirrors (they're a bit large so I just order some Reflex mirrors to try out)
~ Givi Monolock box with lights and reflective strips
~ 12v plug in the left glove box
~ new cargo light with switch (changed the bulb to LED yesterday)
~ Kuriakin (sp?) grips
~ LED Battery volt meter
~ Homemade Tomtom GPS bracket
~ Bar buoy cup holder

NEXT: I'm very seriously considering a Corbin seat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about your Silver Wing   Tell us about your Silver Wing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your Silver Wing
Page 1 of 1