Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP

Go down 
+4
model28a
JeffR
"Hi Yo"
EasyRider SilverWinger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
EasyRider SilverWinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-04-09

News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP Empty
PostSubject: News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP   News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I traded my 2009 Red Silverwing in to my local Honda dealer and bought a new Red 2014 Honda CTX 1300 and while I have great memories of the Silverwing as many have described on this site over the years............I am really enjoying my new ride and have no regrets.

I have mentioned before that many parts of me have surprisingly increased in size from my late teens and twenties......go figure...........and our snaked and deeply grooved roads had me wanting larger wheels.
I also missed the manual controls and tank between the knees and and the umph is umphier that's for sure.

I researched my new ride as I did with the Swing and consequently both were ....what I thought they were.

Both are well Engineered.  The CTX 1300 Mill as I'm sure you know was derived from the ST 1300 V4 which is a solid, proven engine, I also wanted shaft drive and more mass and pick up to contend with our frequent gusty winds..........Our spring to date has been cold and wet and on a couple of jaunts I experiences lateral gusts of 54 kms + .........bike solid with tall windscreen but my helmet was bumped around quite a bit. I added an air hawk to the Swing but don't need it on the 1300 so far anyway.....seat is very comfy and I'm  down in the saddle ...not so much perched on one.

All in all I am looking forward to improving weather...........longer rides .........wider smiles........I will always hold the Silverwing in high regard and hope to visit you on this site from time to time.
Keep the rubber side down and your right hand cranked, Smile
Easyrider
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP   News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 6:41 pm

Good luck with your new ride!!

motorcycle
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2600
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP   News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 10:04 pm

Congrats on your new ride and I hope you enjoy it. I went to the CTX700, from the SWing, and I enjoy it as well. I read on another forum that there Honda maybe coming out with a replacement to the Silver Wing next year. I wonder if they are going to bring the Integra over or if it might be a totally new scooter. I know if they com out with the Intregra it would be a good scoot. They use the same engine as the CTX700 and NC700 and it is a good engine, it is very torque-y.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP   News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Easyrider enjoy your new bike, be safe and come back from time to time and tell us about it.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2592
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP   News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 8:27 am

Enjoy your new ride; the best part is it is a Honda!!!
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP   News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 10:31 am

Very nice, Easyrider. The miles will just whizz by...Enjoy !
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

PostSubject: Re: News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP   News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 8:43 pm

sweet! enjoy the new bike
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP   News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 6:41 pm

Right, enjoy the HONDA ride. I had a 1300/V4 and loved it. There is one way on sale locally nad I feel an itch. But...... Ill keep the siverwing.
Back to top Go down

News from EasyRider Silverwinger STOP
Page 1 of 1