Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Petrified Forest National Park (soon) I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
Petrified Forest National Park (soon) I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Petrified Forest National Park (soon) I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Petrified Forest National Park (soon) I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Petrified Forest National Park (soon) I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Petrified Forest National Park (soon) I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Petrified Forest National Park (soon) I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Petrified Forest National Park (soon) I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Petrified Forest National Park (soon) I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Petrified Forest National Park (soon) I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Petrified Forest National Park (soon)

Go down 
+2
model28a
GHM-PM
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Petrified Forest National Park (soon) Empty
PostSubject: Petrified Forest National Park (soon)   Petrified Forest National Park (soon) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 10:16 pm

It is time to put some miles on the Silver Wing!  Last trip was with the Goldwing and I try and rotate them, nice guy that I am!!!

I am planning on leaving from Wickenburg on May 4 and riding up to Holbrook, AZ.  A couple of nights in a motel while I explore the above and ride some really pretty roads in NE Arizona!!!  Should be a fun trip and I will be avoiding the super slab as much as possible!

Will post some pictures when I return!!!  And a critique on my new Cee Bailey windshield...

Duh I forgot the link:

Petrified Forest

Last edited by GHM-PM on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Petrified Forest National Park (soon)   Petrified Forest National Park (soon) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 10:45 pm

Let me be the first to wish you a safe and trouble free trip. We'll be looking forward to your ride report and pictures. Good luck and have fun.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Petrified Forest National Park (soon) 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Petrified Forest National Park (soon)   Petrified Forest National Park (soon) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 10:50 pm

model28a wrote:
Let me be the first to wish you a safe and trouble free trip. We'll be looking forward to your ride report and pictures. Good luck and have fun.  
+1
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Petrified Forest National Park (soon)   Petrified Forest National Park (soon) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 11:44 pm

Glenn,

Have a great time and hope all goes well. I have yet to do an overnighter on any of my bikes since I have been in California, about 20 years, but hope to do some long riding one day. Are the temps getting up there in Az already? Hope it stays nice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Petrified Forest National Park (soon)   Petrified Forest National Park (soon) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 8:44 am

Thanks all! Jeff, I find that riding solo while at first daunting actually is quite fun. My route, my stopping points, my choice of motels etc. And most of all, MY speed. I learned all this during my Yosemite trip a couple of years ago. And while I enjoy traveling with friends, sometimes being alone is nice too! I was with a group of Goldwing riders in Death Valley in February and while fun, most of them were only concerned with how FAST they could ride through the park! 75-85 MPH in 45-55 MPH zones. Bailed out and rode at my own pace and could explore at MY leisure. Much more relaxing and fun.

Guess I am starting to understand John Grinsel eh? affraid
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Petrified Forest National Park (soon)   Petrified Forest National Park (soon) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 11:07 pm

Have a great ride. i love the scenery in NE Arizona. You will be close to the painted desert as well. A caution, be sure to pull off when you see a motel esp anywhere on the Res. They are far between. Lucky you, I'm jealous! Good luck.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Petrified Forest National Park (soon)   Petrified Forest National Park (soon) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 7:44 am

Greysilver wrote:
Have a great ride. i love the scenery in NE Arizona. You will be close to the painted desert as well. A caution, be sure to pull off when you see a motel esp anywhere on the Res. They are far between. Lucky you, I'm jealous! Good luck.

Thanks Greysilver! And ignore my harangue; if anyone wants to meet up somewhere along the way just PM me and we can work something out!!! I would not have a problem with company!

My point above was that I am going to take my time and "SEE" stuff. Not just see how many miles I can do in a day Mad
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Petrified Forest National Park (soon)   Petrified Forest National Park (soon) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 8:36 am

I hear you Glenn about riding solo compared to group. Several years ago I rode with a Burgman group out of Dallas to Colorado. It was an epic 3000 mile trip and remains as one of my favorite. We were riding from Durango to Silverton on the Million Dollar Highway and were all chatting on our Chatterbox's and someone asked if anyone wanted to stop in Silverton? I was pretty chilly riding the mountain passes and piped up that I'd like to stop and take a break and get some hot coffee. Either the ride leader didn't hear me on the radio or the fact that no one else wanted to stop; we just kept on riding past Silverton. It certainly wasn't a deal breaker as the trip was incredible but sometimes I'd like to stop and take a picture, read a historic sign or check out old hardware stores or funky coffee shops. I have to remember this when Deb and I ride together and ask her if she wants to stop and smell the roses. Good luck on your upcoming trip. Got to ride your area a little some years ago when Deb and I trailered our Burgman 400 out to San Diego and stopped in Sedona on the way back home. Except for the heavy afternoon traffic, we enjoyed our ride up Oak Creek Canyon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petrified Forest National Park (soon)   Petrified Forest National Park (soon) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Petrified Forest National Park (soon)
Page 1 of 1