Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Big Red rebuild project to begin soon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Big Red rebuild project to begin soon Empty
PostSubject: Big Red rebuild project to begin soon   Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 8:45 am

Hi all! I haven't posted here in a few months. Back in May I laid down my 2003 Swing, Big Red, to avoid a MVA when a car pulled out into traffic directly in front of me. The entire right side is scraped up and I expect to have to replace all of the tupperware from the front fender to the exhaust finisher. I just recently moved and the bike was under a stack of boxes for a few months. Now that I've dug it out I will need to disassemble the tupperware entirely and ensure that there is no frame damage before I spend the ~$1000 to get Big Red back on the road. I have 2 requests:
1) My Givi Airflow windscreen lower half is broken. Does anybody have the lower half for sale?
2) While the plastics are off, I would consider replacing the body-colored panel with the storage bins with the newer style. I previously had a document I downloaded from this site with all of the parts required, but I changed jobs recently and didn't take a copy with me. Does anybody have this document or is it posted on the forum somewhere?

Thanks!
Jesse in Atlanta
2003 Honda Silver Wing "Big Red"
2002 Honda Reflex "Goldie"
2007 Vectrix VX-1 "Einstein"
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Big Red rebuild project to begin soon   Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 9:31 am

Call GIVI USA direct---they should have the necessary parts....maybe whole windshield assembly cheaper than parts!! Always ask for discount.

After bike is up and running I suggest working on your braking-----laying bikes down just makes them slide farther.
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

PostSubject: Re: Big Red rebuild project to begin soon   Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 9:53 am

Please don't criticize my riding John. I've been riding for 28 years now. Given the option of laying down or T-boning a car at 40mph I choose laying down any day of the week. At least I may have avoided frame damage, and the plastics did indeed protect me (aside from a skinned knee through CE knee armor).

Jesse in Atlanta
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Big Red rebuild project to begin soon   Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 10:31 am

Jesse,
I've just added the files you are looking for to my album. Can't post a pdf so had to do it as 2 jpgs.
Link to my album in my sig.

Dan
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

PostSubject: Re: Big Red rebuild project to begin soon   Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 10:52 am

Thanks so much Dan!

Jesse in Atlanta
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Big Red rebuild project to begin soon   Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 12:58 pm

Hello Jesse. It's nice to see you back here posting after such a long absense. You might be SOL when it comes to the bottom half of that Givi screen. They only offer the top half as a replacement because it is common to all their Air-Flow screens. You'll probably have to bite the bullet and buy a whole new Givi, then you could eBay your spare top half to recoup some expenses.

On another note; if you find that your exhaust headed got too damaged in that lay-down, I have an extra one in the garage I'll be glad to sell you inexpensively. PM me if you are interested.

Tim
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

PostSubject: Re: Big Red rebuild project to begin soon   Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 1:04 pm

Thanks Tim! I'll have to remember that when I dissect the bike.
I have 3 other windshields on hand- the original, tall Givi and a shorty. If I can't locate an AF lower I'll be fine with what I currently own.

Jesse
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Big Red rebuild project to begin soon   Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 11:35 pm

Jesse,
Since you are redoing Tupperware,
I have a set of kuryakyn parts that I used to make freeway pegs.
Willing to sell the switchblade pegs, arms and clamps for $150.
Not perfect condition, but good. You can see some info on how the pegs were attached by looking at some of the photos in my album.
If its something you want to add, now is the time.
Let me know if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2600
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Big Red rebuild project to begin soon   Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 12:17 am

Jesse,

It is good to see you back and hope you heal ok. Best of luck with your SWing as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

PostSubject: Re: Big Red rebuild project to begin soon   Big Red rebuild project to begin soon I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 7:45 am

Thanks guys!

Jesse
Back to top Go down

Big Red rebuild project to begin soon
Page 1 of 1