Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Michelin POWER PURE SC I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Michelin POWER PURE SC I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Michelin POWER PURE SC I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Michelin POWER PURE SC I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Michelin POWER PURE SC I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Michelin POWER PURE SC I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Michelin POWER PURE SC I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Michelin POWER PURE SC I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Michelin POWER PURE SC I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Michelin POWER PURE SC I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Michelin POWER PURE SC

Go down 
+2
RArch
john grinsel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Michelin POWER PURE SC Empty
PostSubject: Michelin POWER PURE SC   Michelin POWER PURE SC I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 11:08 am

I have used 2 of these on the past=wear ROUND, last at or over 10,000 miles---do not appear
to slip in wet or cause any handling problems on rear. Max. load @33psi.

Dennis Kirk in US has these for $46 now which is great deal----I ordered 2 (as I will probably need them this summer)

Add $5 "tire charge" so order for two is over $100 and they ship free.

I do own tire work and order bottle of "Ride On" for each.

Think this is about as good a deal in US that can be found for a supplier you can trust.

Do not do own mounting, etc. you are mercy of dealer------and if I were dealer and you brought in tire you did not buy from me to mount---I would stick it to you in shop charges!!

Note: Dealer can get these from Parts Unlimited---related to Dennis Kirk---so price should be near same.
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Michelin POWER PURE SC   Michelin POWER PURE SC I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 3:36 pm

+1 great tyre, I'm on my second rear and will replace with the same again.

Wish I could get 10k miles from my rear Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
jmaslak
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2012-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Michelin POWER PURE SC   Michelin POWER PURE SC I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 6:56 pm

FWIW, I get around 4,000 miles out of the Michelins (I replace when the wear lines are even with the tread). I got 6,000 out of the stock IRC before I got sick of riding on a squared-off tire (still plenty of tread depth, but the profile isn't round; at least the Michelin wears round). So it's a trade off. Fortunately the Michellin rears aren't too bad.
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Michelin POWER PURE SC   Michelin POWER PURE SC I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 11:37 pm

I realize that this is an older thread, but I haven't logged on in a while and thought I could add some usable information to this thread.

First, the Michelin Power Pure does tend to stay round as it wears. It continued to ride and handle well right up until it was replaced. The bad news is that I got 4550 miles on it, which is much less than I've gotten out of any other tire so far. Typically, I get right around 6000 miles on the rear tire (Pirelli Diablo, Metzler Feel Free, IRC original). I think I posted a thread about it a while back. Check for threads I've originated to see (there won't be too many to look through).

Second, if your tires flatten out from lots of straight up riding and the handling stinks, try viewing this tutorial on shaving the tires. I've done it several times on the Swing, also on the Vespa and my wife's Piaggio BV. It does wonders for the handling. If your handlebars develop additional shake on coast down as the tires wear, shaving them will help a lot.

http://www.leroybeal.net/motorcycles/silverwing/articles/tireshaving/shavedtires.html
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Michelin POWER PURE SC   Michelin POWER PURE SC I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 12:30 am

I can understand shaving.Thanks for post.

What's with the J.costa?Tired of changing pins?
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Michelin POWER PURE SC   Michelin POWER PURE SC I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 11:07 pm

Mudnman wrote:
I can understand shaving.Thanks for post.

What's with the J.costa?Tired of changing pins?

The bushing in the center of the J Costa gets sticky and makes the variator hang up/rev too high. I cleaned it and would get a few hundred good miles, then it would screw up again. Plus the pins wear in 7-8000 miles. I got tired of messing with it.

Dr Pulley sliders (when I put a new belt on, I went to 21 gram sliders) works almost as good. If I keep it under 70 mph, revs are fairly low - like 5200 rpm. After that, it starts to climb quickly.

Acceleration with the Dr P's is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Michelin POWER PURE SC   Michelin POWER PURE SC I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 12:23 am

I got about 6,300 out of my rear Michelin Power Pure. It did wear round. But most of those miles were on Twisty roads. I put them on just befor enI left for my trip out West.

That is the least I have gotten out of my rear tires. The front tire is fine. I have gotten 9,500 to 11,500 on my past rear tires. Hoops, Metzler , Pirelli Diablo. Might of been the roads out west and the heavier load I was carrying and the speed at times. Just changed it today with my back up Hoop. Itmhas less then 3000 miles on it.
Back to top Go down

Michelin POWER PURE SC
Page 1 of 1