Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

What do you do when you are not riding?

Go down 
+8
ScooterBJ
WingMan02
som2002
joncallihan
bigbird
trouble1100
dickie
Gyro
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2013-04-07

What do you do when you are not riding? Empty
PostSubject: What do you do when you are not riding?   What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 2:18 pm

I like to build musical instruments out in my wood shop:

What do you do when you are not riding? 1003070_10153727403410472_454661670_n

What do you do when you are not riding? 1743751_10153789999705472_790462695_n

Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when you are not riding?   What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 3:31 pm

Gyro, Lotsa talent there. Looks like a great way to stay warm through the winter.
Dick
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when you are not riding?   What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 11:00 am

I ride my other two wheeler, play golf, pickle ball and do my best to make up for all those years working 12 to 16 hour days.  
What do you do when you are not riding? Img_0812
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when you are not riding?   What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 11:48 am

I am an avid bicycle rider. I spend more time on my high end road bicycle than I do on my Silverwing. Last year I put 10 times more mileage on my bicycles than I did on my scooter. I also fix bicycles for fun and sometimes profit. In the winter I use an indoor bike trainer to maintain fitness.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when you are not riding?   What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 12:51 pm

I paint pictures. Sculpt things to throw away in oil clay.

http://www.joncallihan.com

Jon  :flower: 
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
som2002
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
som2002

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when you are not riding?   What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 3:11 pm

Praying for the snow to melt!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fquick.com/som2002
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when you are not riding?   What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 6:35 pm

I take my boat out for a day of fishing, work on my 64-GTO, clean the yard, go swimming, trying to learn to fly my helicopter. The weather has been bad lately. Rain storms that last hours, with temps in the high 70s. The mornings are cold in the lower 60s.  Yea, I know. Luck I live in Hawaii.... Smile 
Back to top Go down
ScooterBJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when you are not riding?   What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 6:44 pm

Other than my work (www.MacEducator.com) I've been spending the winter getting the S'Wing ready for a busy riding season. I ended up stripping it down when I found quite a few broken or badly fixed mounting points on the left side. So since it is mostly stripped, might as well do it all. This includes: hyperpro fork kit & new seals, rebuilding broken body panel mount tabs & points, fixing body panel cracks, new fuel pressure regulator, accessory fuse panel, loud horn, 12v outlet for nav, building frame mounted highway foot pegs (i'm tall), wiring in brake flasher on l.e.d. additional brake/tail light, modify seat & add backrest, new CVT belt with 28g dr. pulley sliders, as well as a thorough pressure wash of the undercarriage. That's on top of all the other stuff I had already done prior to this stripdown. When all this is done the old Burg 400 is next. I am also bringing back to life an old Yamaha XT600 which will be used for Colorado backcountry camping. Whew! here is a couple of shots of the S'Wing. I am working on the fork kit/seals now.

What do you do when you are not riding? 2014-03-07%2015.27.13

What do you do when you are not riding? 2014-03-07%2015.27.31
Back to top Go down
sctr199
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
sctr199

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-07-29

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when you are not riding?   What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 7:33 pm

I think about riding!
Back to top Go down
Magoo Triker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Magoo Triker

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when you are not riding?   What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 11:42 pm

I just ordered a  Givi wind shield and new larger trunk for my Wing.  Gonna have new break pads and a car tire put on soon too, with the break fluid change too. I can ride daily here in Florida but still have to keep the lady in order.

Magoo Triker
Back to top Go down
ctgapper
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-10-04

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when you are not riding?   What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 7:27 am

I ride my road bike or mountain bike. I prefer cycling to riding the swing or any other motorcycle.
I have well over 40,000 miles logged on my bikes. And like big bird I very much enjoy fixing bikes.

Cheers!!
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when you are not riding?   What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 8:53 am

ScooterBJ wrote:
<>I've been spending the winter getting the S'Wing ready for a busy riding season. <> This includes: hyperpro fork kit & new seals, rebuilding broken body panel mount tabs & points, fixing body panel cracks, new fuel pressure regulator, accessory fuse panel, loud horn, 12v outlet for nav, building frame mounted highway foot pegs (i'm tall), wiring in brake flasher on l.e.d. additional brake/tail light, modify seat & add backrest<>

BJ, can you please post some photos of your highway pegs mounting frame when you do that job. It would be nice to see how & where you did it, as well as to see the end result. Your seat & backrest mod might be of interest to some of us here too. Thanks

Tim
Back to top Go down
ScooterBJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when you are not riding?   What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 11:50 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:

BJ, can you please post some photos of your highway pegs mounting frame when you do that job. It would be nice to see how & where you did it, as well as to see the end result. Your seat & backrest mod might be of interest to some of us here too. Thanks

Tim

Sure will. Originally I was going to make new floorboard support frames that mounted 3 inches lower. Had it all figured out including new trim pieces. Then I decided to just build highway pegs. I figure it will help retain resale value, and besides, I have build highway pegs & mounts for 3 different motorcycles, and lowered pegs on others, so it is easier for me since I already know how to.

As for the seat mods, I reshape the seat hump to be deeper and more concave to give more legroom. I had posted some basic instructions and pics on the burgmanusa forum, but can't seem to find the posting to provide a link. The basics are to remove the cover and foam, heat the hump area with a powerful heat gun, use a metal or ceramic bowl to press in the soft plastic (the bowl helps keep it concave-rounded and avoid a burn on the hands) and reinstall the foam cover. Then i make a thin pad to cover the area.

The backrest system I build from scratch. Here is a pic of one I did on an '02 Reflex, years back. Mr Ed's Moto in Oregon did the seat rework after I installed the backrest I built. It was removable with a retainer pin under the seat and the pad pivots. I don't have access to a lathe and TIG welder anymore, so this one will be welded steel and a bit more compact, but still removable.
What do you do when you are not riding? Custom_Reflex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when you are not riding?   What do you do when you are not riding? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you do when you are not riding?
Page 1 of 1