Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Update to Dark Side Tire install I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Update to Dark Side Tire install I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Update to Dark Side Tire install I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Update to Dark Side Tire install I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Update to Dark Side Tire install I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Update to Dark Side Tire install I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Update to Dark Side Tire install I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Update to Dark Side Tire install I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Update to Dark Side Tire install I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Update to Dark Side Tire install I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Update to Dark Side Tire install

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
txtrkdrvr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
txtrkdrvr

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-02-07

Update to Dark Side Tire install Empty
PostSubject: Update to Dark Side Tire install   Update to Dark Side Tire install I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 5:38 pm

After 7,500 miles with my Dark Side Tire, I have to say I'm very impressed. I am unable to tell the difference in handling at all between the stock and Dark Side tire. I just turned 16,000 miles on my Swing and the rear tire shows virtually no signs of wear. The front tire was replaced at the same time as the rear and it's pretty obvious I'll be changing out the front here in the next 3k miles. I've been running 42 psi in the Sumitomo tire and the Honda 29 psi recommended in the front tire. I have little doubt I'll be trading the bike off before I wear this rear tire out.

The V light just came on as soon as the odo rolled 16k, I just took the bike in to have the v belt replaced. I am going to use the Honda OEM part. Was that a wise choice?
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Update to Dark Side Tire install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update to Dark Side Tire install   Update to Dark Side Tire install I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 5:50 pm

OEM's just as good as anything else from what I've read over these last few years. Good to hear you're doing so well with the car tire.
Back to top Go down

Update to Dark Side Tire install
Page 1 of 1