Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Full or semi synthetic?
400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 8:39 pm

» The Iridium spark plug
400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 6:26 pm

» Newtonmeter setting for vario and clutch?
400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Today at 4:28 pm

» OEM Silver Wing Windshield
400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression I_icon_minitimeby skidders Today at 4:14 pm

» I heard a SW purring like a kitten
400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 1:44 pm

» New Member from Ft. Lauderdale
400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression I_icon_minitimeby LM15 Today at 12:13 pm

» Silverwing spark plug upgrade?
400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:20 am

» Interphone led daylights
400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression I_icon_minitimeby Easyrider Today at 6:47 am

» Tell us a joke
400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression I_icon_minitimeby Davetech Today at 3:17 am

» Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions
400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:53 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression

Go down 
AuthorMessage
txtrkdrvr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
txtrkdrvr

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-02-07

400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression Empty
PostSubject: 400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression   400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:06 pm

After the rains here finally ended, I've been able to get some miles on my new tires. I had the shop replace the front tire with a new Bridgestone and the rear was replaced with a Sumitomo. I've got to be honest about this, I can't see how the car tire has affected handling at all. I feel no noticeable difference what-so-ever. I only use the bike for around town when it's fair weather only. If the chance of rain is higher than 30% I take my car. I'm running 29 psi in the front tire and 36 psi in the rear. Fuel mileage seems unchanged as well. I wish I'd done this two rear tires ago!
Back to top Go down
EJ
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: 400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression   400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 4:05 pm

txtrkdrvr- I know what you mean. I went darkside 6 months ago and haven't looked back since. I've put about 8k on the Sumitomo. I have put this tire through the pace's. Open highway, back road and of course the good old twisties. I have found that I like changing the air pressure when I know I'm going to the back road twisties. Listening to a few of the other members here that have gone up to 45 or 50lbs. in the rear dose make a great difference. Can really flick this Swing around!!! Changing to 32 to 34lbs on the highway and putting the rear shock on setting 2 or 3 is perfect for me on the open highway. Nice ride...
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2089
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: 400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression   400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 4:23 pm

I don't know about Lake County but hear in Pinellas county if I would not ride if the chance of rain is ride higher than 30% I wouldn't ride much. I put easy 10,000 - 15,000 miles a year so I just keep my rain suit handy. I usually never need it but our chance of rain is almost always over 30%.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: 400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression   400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:33 am

I put 6K kl in 6 weeks on my Hercules Raptis TR1 ,and the handling is great. I found no change in the way my Swing takes on a sharp corner. motorcycle
Back to top Go down

400 Mile Dark Side Tire Impression
Page 1 of 1