Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello all from Nova Scotia, Canada
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby stugatsts Today at 1:51 pm

» Swinging in the Rain
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mottza Today at 1:39 pm

» From Pan European to Silverwing
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby johnd Today at 11:16 am

» Good Lord the Storage
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby johnd Today at 11:03 am

» Outdoor cover Suggestions.
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 7:52 am

» MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» bumstop brackets uk
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby hondapete Yesterday at 11:20 am

» Helmet Funk
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Yesterday at 10:04 am

» RaceTech Fork Emulators
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:33 pm

» Changing Thermostat
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

luggage rack/ cargo carrier

Go down 
+15
robert
lalee
Jinglebob
model28a
jdeereanton
Meldrew
Sknrdtec
Colin B
john grinsel
DickO
dspevack
LN
"Hi Yo"
MikeO
bigtrain
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RamblinRedhead
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-03-14

luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: luggage rack/ cargo carrier   luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 7:02 am

I bought mine from a guy on another site who made them, all powder-coated in matching black. They are a very basic item, really, mine were sturdy metal, an oblong tab that just screws into the original mirror location, and then the mirror attaches at the other end of the oblong tab, putting them out wider. One of those brilliant little things you kick yourself for not inventing yourself. But then, until I put them on, I never realized how much of a difference they would make in my rear view. Definitely gives me a safer panoramic rear view. I know of others who have gotten similar results with different mirrors. But I like the stock mirrors,a nd love that 2 little pieces of metal do the same thing.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: luggage rack/ cargo carrier   luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:03 am

As for carrying loads on a scooter: Youtube is full of videos of scooters of all provenance loaded up, down, sideways, and some ways that cannot be described, full of goods and people up to the gills, and they are motoring down ? streets, or goat paths without any kind of trouble whatsoever. So I have no doubt that the Swing can handle its own weight and whatever else you choose to load it with. The bigger question is: how long before the traffic cops (if not fellow roadusers) pull you over and issue a summons for ?unusual roadcraft not licensed for the purpose.
But if you can get away with it, I'll build a camper behind the driver's seat.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: luggage rack/ cargo carrier   luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 1:05 pm

Bigtrain- if making a silverwing ugly was an olympic sport your definitely bringing home the gold medal. Maybe two gold medals one for the "backrack" and one for the "muppets backrest".      Razz
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 510-80

Number of posts : 2944
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: luggage rack/ cargo carrier   luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 1:20 pm

RamblinRedhead wrote:
 One of those brilliant little things you kick yourself for not inventing yourself.  But then, until I put them on, I never realized how much of a difference they would make in my rear view.  
And here I thought this was about luggage racks....................not SPANX.  :lol!: 
Back to top Go down
lalee
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2013-11-09

PostSubject: Re: luggage rack/ cargo carrier   luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 2:05 pm

Hi Yo wrote:
RamblinRedhead wrote:
 One of those brilliant little things you kick yourself for not inventing yourself.  But then, until I put them on, I never realized how much of a difference they would make in my rear view.   
       And here I thought this was about luggage racks....................not SPANX.      :lol!: 

Now that is funny right there.....  I don't care who ya are!

luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 Tumblr_ljoxca1Gya1qhopew
Back to top Go down

luggage rack/ cargo carrier
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2