Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

luggage rack/ cargo carrier

Go down 
+15
robert
lalee
Jinglebob
model28a
jdeereanton
Meldrew
Sknrdtec
Colin B
john grinsel
DickO
dspevack
LN
"Hi Yo"
MikeO
bigtrain
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bigtrain
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
bigtrain

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2013-11-10

luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: luggage rack/ cargo carrier   luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have an "05 SW I purchased in '09. I am an avid golfer & was contemplating installing a trike kit or trailer hitch to facilitate hauling golf clubs or larger items. The thought of all that extra weight added to my SW didn't appeal to me at all,so I came up with a secondary solution.
  I purchased a Maxworks aluminum cargo hitch carrier,49"x22", from Farm & Fleet (Harbor Freight has also),modified it slightly & bolted it to my stock luggage rack. These are the carriers that slide into your receiver to carry cargo outside your vehicle.
   Have done some testing in town with no load successfully,no highway tests yet at speed due to weather.
   Bolted a 16"x22" piece of 3/4" plywood to luggage carrier using 4 existing bolt holes in l. rack.I then centered carrier & ziptied it down in several spots.I believe this will work best,maintaining a somewhat break-away capability incase I clip something with carrier.Width at mirrors is 35",at carrier is 49".
   Will keep u posted....trying to upload images!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
RamblinRedhead
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-03-14

PostSubject: Re: luggage rack/ cargo carrier   luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 7:02 am

I bought mine from a guy on another site who made them, all powder-coated in matching black. They are a very basic item, really, mine were sturdy metal, an oblong tab that just screws into the original mirror location, and then the mirror attaches at the other end of the oblong tab, putting them out wider. One of those brilliant little things you kick yourself for not inventing yourself. But then, until I put them on, I never realized how much of a difference they would make in my rear view. Definitely gives me a safer panoramic rear view. I know of others who have gotten similar results with different mirrors. But I like the stock mirrors,a nd love that 2 little pieces of metal do the same thing.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: luggage rack/ cargo carrier   luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:03 am

As for carrying loads on a scooter: Youtube is full of videos of scooters of all provenance loaded up, down, sideways, and some ways that cannot be described, full of goods and people up to the gills, and they are motoring down ? streets, or goat paths without any kind of trouble whatsoever. So I have no doubt that the Swing can handle its own weight and whatever else you choose to load it with. The bigger question is: how long before the traffic cops (if not fellow roadusers) pull you over and issue a summons for ?unusual roadcraft not licensed for the purpose.
But if you can get away with it, I'll build a camper behind the driver's seat.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: luggage rack/ cargo carrier   luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 1:05 pm

Bigtrain- if making a silverwing ugly was an olympic sport your definitely bringing home the gold medal. Maybe two gold medals one for the "backrack" and one for the "muppets backrest".      Razz
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: luggage rack/ cargo carrier   luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 1:20 pm

RamblinRedhead wrote:
 One of those brilliant little things you kick yourself for not inventing yourself.  But then, until I put them on, I never realized how much of a difference they would make in my rear view.  
And here I thought this was about luggage racks....................not SPANX.  :lol!: 
Back to top Go down
lalee
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2013-11-09

PostSubject: Re: luggage rack/ cargo carrier   luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 2:05 pm

Hi Yo wrote:
RamblinRedhead wrote:
 One of those brilliant little things you kick yourself for not inventing yourself.  But then, until I put them on, I never realized how much of a difference they would make in my rear view.   
       And here I thought this was about luggage racks....................not SPANX.      :lol!: 

Now that is funny right there.....  I don't care who ya are!

luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 Tumblr_ljoxca1Gya1qhopew
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: luggage rack/ cargo carrier   luggage rack/ cargo carrier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

luggage rack/ cargo carrier
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2