Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

no start silver wing

Go down 
+11
Colin B
Pastor Ron
"Hi Yo"
RArch
yammer
gooffy
Meldrew
OLD HICKORY
tarmacburner2
model28a
Rebe
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rebe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-06-28

no start silver wing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: no start silver wing   no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

I purchased a 2002 SilverWing a few years back.  Well, not ridden and the gas got contaminated.  Put new battery in it a few days ago.  It started up and quit quickly.  It did this for about 3 times.  Then I thought maybe, if I opened the throttle mid-way it might keep running.  Ater that episode it never offered to start at all.  I read the starter relay locks out if you do that after the fact.  I have siphoned the tank and put new gas in it & put an ounce of seafoam in the tank.  It still refuses to start again.  I checked the fuses under the seat, and all of them are good.  I haven't checked the main fuse A yet inside the left panel, and don't know if it would not let it start or not, if it is defective?  I have, also, removed the plugs, and sprayed a little gas in the cylinders, and then tried to start it.  Well, it starts right up that way for a second or two.  The issues with it is not getting any fuel.  Any help you might be able to offer for me to get the SW going again would be appreciated.  Thanks!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
rollsroyce250
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2012-06-21

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 12:16 am

Rebe wrote:
I appreciate all the help and suggestion on this no start issue.  RollsRoyce 250 mentioned about the pressure regulator.  I was wanting to check on replacing it.  The book tells you have to remove the intake manifold to do it.  Looking at the fuel rail there it appears it could be changed out without removing it.  Just unbolt it from the fuel rail.  Has anyone been there done it?  Any help would be appreciated!

You do not have to remove the intake manifold. As you said, just unbolt the regulator. Make sure and get a new O-ring, and assemble the O-ring dry.
Back to top Go down
Rebe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 12:28 am

I wanted to mention that when I pull the vacuum line off of it gas squirts out of it. That's a no, no isn't it. I pulled the tank & did a clean on it. I replaced the whole fuel pump assembly. It was completly rusted out. It started right up the first time after I put gas in it. I let it run for a few minutes, then restarted it right up again. Tonight I tried to start it, and it wouldn't start. I pulled the plugs and they were drenched with fuel. That's when I pulled the vacuum line off of the fuel pressure regulator & noticed the gas spewing out of it.
Back to top Go down
rollsroyce250
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2012-06-21

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 12:34 am

Rebe wrote:
I wanted to mention that when I pull the vacuum line off of it gas squirts out of it.  That's a no, no isn't it.  I pulled the tank & did a clean on it.  I replaced the whole fuel pump assembly.  It was completly rusted out.  It started right up the first time after I put gas in it.  I let it run for a few minutes, then restarted it right up again.  Tonight I tried to start it, and it wouldn't start.  I pulled the plugs and they were drenched with fuel.  That's when I pulled the vacuum line off of the fuel pressure regulator & noticed the gas spewing out of it.  

Classic symptoms of a faulty fuel pressure regulator. Time for a new regulator and O-ring.
Back to top Go down
stanly
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-04-05

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 3:14 pm

rollsroyce250 wrote:
Rebe wrote:
I appreciate all the help and suggestion on this no start issue.  RollsRoyce 250 mentioned about the pressure regulator.  I was wanting to check on replacing it.  The book tells you have to remove the intake manifold to do it.  Looking at the fuel rail there it appears it could be changed out without removing it.  Just unbolt it from the fuel rail.  Has anyone been there done it?  Any help would be appreciated!

You do not have to remove the intake manifold. As you said, just unbolt the regulator. Make sure and get a new O-ring, and assemble the O-ring dry.

I'll add that manual cautions aginst overtightening to prevent warping fuel rail, the O-ring is doing the sealing not something seating inside.
Back to top Go down
Rebe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 7:10 pm

Got the new pressure regulator last Friday & order a new seat dampner too! It starts right up now right on quick and responsive. Well, the doggone seat will stay up too without crashing down on ya! I got the anti-freeze changed out while doing the work, grease, oil and filter, as well as, a new battery. It's a very pristine 2002 S-Wing candy wineberry red. Looks new with only 2.5K miles on the clock, and always a garaged one. What kind of monies should I put on it? I really don't think I need it, beings I haven't ridden it once in the last 5 years.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 8:29 pm

If I were you I would look on craigslist and see what others are getting or at least asking. hear are two I saw when I Googled it.

http://topeka.craigslist.org/mcy/3928717145.html
http://topeka.craigslist.org/mcy/3920260250.html
Back to top Go down
Rebe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:53 am

I have put about 20 miles on the machine; since I got it running. I put a bottle of toro in the tank for upper lube and tank protection. It goes really good. I haven't been on a scooter in over 5 years. I find it a challenge so far to get use to the brakes totally on the handle bars, and the spikey throttle on it. It is on the coming up to a stop with it, that I am still trying to tweak! I only rode it once coming home 51/2 years ago. A few years before that I had a Helix. It was a different feel, than this one is. It set different, and it had the foot brake. Although, I didn't like the aerodynamics of the Helix. I don't know if this one is any different, as I haven't had it over about 40 or so mph. Cheers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 12:10 pm

Stick with it bud,it gets better when you have become familiar with the "quirks" of a maxi scoot,I also have not riden for a number of years,but having got 300+ miles of practice in on mine I am starting to really enjoy two wheel travel again Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

no start silver wing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2