Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

no start silver wing

Go down 
+11
Colin B
Pastor Ron
"Hi Yo"
RArch
yammer
gooffy
Meldrew
OLD HICKORY
tarmacburner2
model28a
Rebe
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rebe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-06-28

no start silver wing Empty
PostSubject: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:56 pm

I purchased a 2002 SilverWing a few years back.  Well, not ridden and the gas got contaminated.  Put new battery in it a few days ago.  It started up and quit quickly.  It did this for about 3 times.  Then I thought maybe, if I opened the throttle mid-way it might keep running.  Ater that episode it never offered to start at all.  I read the starter relay locks out if you do that after the fact.  I have siphoned the tank and put new gas in it & put an ounce of seafoam in the tank.  It still refuses to start again.  I checked the fuses under the seat, and all of them are good.  I haven't checked the main fuse A yet inside the left panel, and don't know if it would not let it start or not, if it is defective?  I have, also, removed the plugs, and sprayed a little gas in the cylinders, and then tried to start it.  Well, it starts right up that way for a second or two.  The issues with it is not getting any fuel.  Any help you might be able to offer for me to get the SW going again would be appreciated.  Thanks!
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 5:00 pm

Rebe, you may find if you go to the Introductions page and introduce yourself you may have have a better chance at getting an answer to your questions. Too often we have people come here only when they want help and then never even come back to say thank you or even tell us if they got the problem fixed. Here a link to the Introductions page-   https://www.silverwing600.com/f1-introductions
Oh and by the way welcome to the best SilverWing forum on the web. welcome
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 5:38 pm

Rebe,

Great First (and probably Last) post.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 6:37 pm

tarmacburner2, are agreeing with my suspicions or do think I may have run him off with my post? I didn't mean to run anyone off but I felt he may have a better chance even if he put this post in as an introduction. This post could have made introduction of sorts if only placed in the proper place.Smile
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 5:00 pm

model28a,

I get really fed up with new posters who only post when they have a problem ( Rebe starts by saying "I purchased a 2002 SilverWing a few years back.") So rather than becoming part of this great forum a few years ago he waits until he has a problem, he has probably googled 'Silverwing' and found us. If he had found the answer to the problem then that could be the last time he would have posted. Some of these people never even add a thankyou if someone on here does find the fix for them.
An introductory post is not much to ask for is it?
Cheers,
Back to top Go down
OLD HICKORY
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2013-04-05

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 8:29 pm

In all do respect maybe some folks aren't as chatty as others are on this forum. As for myself, I truly appreciate a lot of the members knowledge about the Silverwing but am not really into shouting the bull just for the sake of "staying active on the forum". Chastising first post people is no way to keep people interested in this forum, for sure. OH
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:45 am

Some folks aren't chatty at all, there's hundreds of names registered on this forum with a zero post count which makes me think why bother at all. There's hundreds more with 1 to 3 posts of the "I'm thinking of buying a Silver Wing” variety who can't be bothered to read all the info about buying one that's already there, and of course the newbies who register when they've got a problem just because Google sent them here. They can't be bothered with an Introductory Post and disappear when no instant fix appears or get asked to play the game and introduce themselves.

If the members that regularly post on here didn't stay active, there wouldn't be much point reading or joining this forum at all and it would go down the pan like the other Silver Wing forums recently have. The people interested in this forum are providing the reading and info for the silent majority who contribute nothing and the lurkers who may join and may in future contribute as an active member. The rest just join the lists of no posters or quick fix merchants.

Back to top Go down
gooffy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
gooffy

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-09-13

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 6:45 am

Isnt that the same as all forums, some people would like to post but maybe are not part of the in crowd and do not wish to make a fool of themselves,
My first post was i wanted to buy a silver wing, i was told, too heavy, too inexperianced, i still went out and got one, and i ride near enough everyday.
I have been in the forum a year dont think i have a 100 posts, i dont listen too fixes as i take it to a mechanic and i am thick as chit Smile, but i like to hear peoples craic about where they ride etc
and i post my own rides.
I have had help off some members which makes me feel honoured that they have put themselves out for me and i hope i can meet up sometime and pass the time of day with them.
Just saying a forum should be for everyone or whats the point
Back to top Go down
yammer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
yammer

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2013-05-04

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:13 pm

Excuse my barging in but any problem that may arise to Silver Wing owners can benefit to all, I know some folks seem offended by first time posters with problem issues but it may also be that they do this without knowing forum behaviour, and maybe it is not fair to come down too hard as it may only scare people off.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:39 pm

That's rubbish, anyone lurking on here can see the Introductions section when they click onto the Forum. It says 'Please introduce yourself, location, bike, modifications.' Lately it seems that it's too much to ask of the average new member, or it's the bare minimum of words before they're jumping in in with their tales of woe. As for scaring people off, what are they scared of? There's no giant fist going to burst through the screen and grab their bollocks, all they're going to get is ignored or at worst a few negative comments about their laziness and lack of forum courtesy. You yourself even managed three and a half lines on your Intro. Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:11 pm

Hello,newbie here Smile I did try posting in the introductions section the other day (it didn't work),I tried again this evening,the first time again it didn't work,but I looked harder & found my thread title was too short,renamed it & hey presto.Some less experienced forum users may not have found the minimum title requirement & just posted a question.
Back to top Go down
gooffy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
gooffy

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:30 pm

Meldrew i got to meet you Smile
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 5:04 pm

gooffy wrote:
Meldrew i got to meet you Smile

Careful, he may have a "giant fist" Wink

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
no start silver wing 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 6:50 pm

Think about this. Someone introduces themselves and ten or fifteen members out of three thousand (granted this is a bogus number) bother to welcome them. Come on people, is it so hard to at least go to the new smiles and click on welcome. It's a two way street no matter on which side you ride. motorcycle 
Back to top Go down
OLD HICKORY
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 7:34 pm

What about us unsocailable nonconformist. We like to ride Silverwings too. OH
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:48 pm

I have noticed how worse things are getting....especially with peoples behaviour. And the older I get, the more it is rubbing off on me as well.No 
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 12:21 am

OLD HICKORY wrote:
What about us unsocailable nonconformist. We like to ride Silverwings too. OH  
You conform to the majority. Smile 
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:23 am

The OP last logon was Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:14 pm and his post was Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:56 pm. So he stayed on the site for 16 minutes and didn't get an answer. will he come back:?: I don't know maybe he fixed it himself but as tarmacburner2 said- "If he had found the answer to the problem then that could be the last time he would have posted."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 5:02 am

First off,what is "seafoam" ? & should I be using it ?

Second,I can see how making the first post on ANY forum a question is likely to cause a degree of annoyance,but hey we all stuff-up at some point.

Thirdly,(I'm new to these machines so just guessing really,but..) if it fired up easily then stopped running & was found to have contaminated fuel which was drained,surely mechanical logic would dictate fitting a new fuel filter before re-filling it.

To change the filter you need to drain the tank & remove the fuel pump,after changing the filter use a new fuel pump gasket.

If the filter change does not cure the problem the next logical is to have the injectors cleaned & serviced I guess.
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2013-03-20

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 6:57 am

The point is, one wouldn't walk into a room full of strangers and immediately start bleating about one's aches and pains, or that the wife had run off with the milkman.

Perhaps it's just the anonymity of the forum world, but courtesy, like sense, seems not to be the "common" commodity it once was.

Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:13 am

Hi Yo wrote:
 Think about this. Someone introduces themselves and ten or fifteen members out of three thousand (granted this is a bogus number) bother to welcome them. Come on people, is it so hard to at least go to the new smiles and click on welcome. It's a two way street no matter on which side you ride.  motorcycle 

I have put the bold on the most important three words (IMHO) of your reply - They actually INTRODUCE themselves.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:33 am

Colin B wrote:
courtesy, like sense, seems not to be the "common" commodity it once was.

Sad but true reflection of the society we live in
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:57 am

Shropshire ... that's a pleasant part of the world. "Blue remembered hills" and all that poetry stuff. study 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:00 pm

I live in the shade of the Wrekin Wink hope to be able to explore the area better,more affordably on the SWing than I could in the 4WD car Wink

Berkshire is not such a bad place to be ... steeped in regal history as it is Smile
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:11 pm

According to yesterdays Telegraph, Windsor is the second naffest town in the UK, after Luton. Too many tourists, fast food joints and aeroplanes!

Further west isn't bad.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:06 pm

Colin B wrote:
According to yesterdays Telegraph, Windsor is the second naffest town in the UK, after Luton. Too many tourists, fast food joints and aeroplanes!

Further west isn't bad.

Some of it's residents are a bit iffy as well:lol: 

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:34 pm

tarmacburner2 wrote:

Some of it's residents are a bit iffy as well Laughing 

A characteristic that dissipates the further one lives from the castle. I'm 3 miles away, on the edge of town. tongue  But I do know someone who lives in there. Wink 
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:43 pm

Don't tell me, one of your relations is the Keeper of the Royal Stool!

The Yanks are going to have to Google that one!

Cheers,

Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 5:13 pm

Member of the Privy Council.

The Yanks certainly won't get that one!

Actually, my wife worked with a lady whose husband was (still is I think) a singer in St George's Chapel choir (That's the church inside the castle). Thus they are given a Grace and Favour apartment in the Cloister.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 6:22 pm

This thread is going a bit Black Adderesque Smile
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:50 pm

And this whole thread started by one poor soul who asked for help because his Silverwing wouldn't start .

Rebe , it definitely sounds like you have a fuel system problem but it's beyond my area of expertise

so I can't offer any helpful suggestions other than to have a mechanic you trust take a look at it

Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 12:12 am

Sounds like good advice, I had toothache when I was in Sedona AZ recently and went to a dentist with my problem not an Internet forum.
Back to top Go down
gooffy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
gooffy

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 2:23 pm

lol lol
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 5:57 pm

Internet forum would have been cheaper.

Tie piece of string to tooth, tie other end to computer monitor. Pick up monitor from desk, move backwards one step. Let go of monitor. - that'll teach you not to do an introductory post!

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 7:25 pm

We should be more humble when newbies join. We should teach them the correct way to join our forum and not jump all over them.  We were newbies once, and probably some did not do an introduction.  Of course Rebe has not replied. You blame him.  I was always thought to be humble.  Humble is good.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 2:44 am

WingMan02 wrote:
We should be more humble when newbies join. We should teach them the correct way to join our forum and not jump all over them.  We were newbies once, and probably some did not do an introduction.  Of course Rebe has not replied. You blame him.  I was always thought to be humble.  Humble is good.

In my first post I thought I was politely telling him why I felt was not getting an answer to his post. I gave him a link to help him find where to post an introduction(To teach him the correct way as you say.)and I welcomed him to the forum.
You say he hasn't replied because of the posts here but that is not the case. If you look at his profile his last logon was Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:14 pm, his post was Jun 28, 2013 10:56 pm. This means he stayed on the site for 16 minutes and didn't get an answer. He has not come back to check if anyone replied.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 7:54 am

model28a wrote:

You say he hasn't replied because of the posts here but that is not the case. If you look at his profile his last logon was Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:14 pm, his post was Jun 28, 2013 10:56 pm. This means he stayed on the site for 16 minutes and didn't get an answer. He has not come back to check if anyone replied.

Further to the above IF he does indeed return I think I gave him the relevant information to cure his fault in my second post Wink

Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 5:03 pm

The Bern, yes I agree with the advice you gave, it is the best way to find his problem.
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 6:10 pm

Model28a and Bern,
You both did give good advice, and that is why we have so many members.  Model28a, Rebe did not have to login to view the responses from the forum members.  Sadly, I do it when I am lazy.  Ride with a smile and stay safe.. Aloha
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 9:53 pm

True you do not have to login to view the responses, but by doing so you would not know if you had a PM from a member who may have sent you right answer. Or may even miss an offer from someone who lives close enough to come by and help you in person. :)Bottom line sometimes even an offer to help may not always appear the way it was meant. One of the bad things of not seeing or hearing in person. I have been accused of being rude before when I was truly trying to help but people interpret things differently. I do hope Rebe don't think I was trying to lecture him or anything. I was truly trying to help. If I offended Rebe or anyone I apologize. Smile
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 2:21 am

Roger: Apology accepted. I don't remember being offended, but I don't remember a lot of things these days. Smile  I do find it interesting that people refer to Rebe as "him" or "he" and yet nowhere in the original post or profile the gender of Rebe is mentioned. scratch  I will give credit to him, her, or it for generating so many responses to a first post.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 4:53 am

I bet if you look through the Members List you'll find lots of posts similar to Rebe's. So he hasn't been back on line since his original post that's up to him, and neither have the hundreds of other nil or three or four post members who probably spent more time thinking up a suitable forum name with Silver or Wing in the title than they've actually spent active on the forum.

Have a look at posts in the Chatroom, there's newbies on there that have never posted anything on the forum but have gone straight to the twilight zone which is dead 99.9% of the time. Why they go there to post I've no idea, and they probably get pissed off by the lack of response to their problem queries.
Back to top Go down
OLD HICKORY
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 9:40 am

Maybe it's time to stop beating this dead dog. OH
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 10:18 am

I'm retired mate I've nothing better to do, I've no desire to paint my Silver Wing, fit a different sized rear wheel or a headlight switch, or even press the welcome button for every new member that registers even when they quite correctly make an Intro. Is beating the dead dog a variation on the expression  'flogging a dead horse', because you could have pressed this.  deadhorse
Back to top Go down
gooffy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
gooffy

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 10:34 am

wheres the twilight zone Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 10:39 am

The Chatroom, that dark place where you go to talk with strange men. You've been spotted hanging around there and that Afro wig is fooling no one! Smile
Back to top Go down
OLD HICKORY
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 11:11 am

Meldrew, I'm pretty straight forward in my replies. No funny faces doing weird stuff here. I am not much of a conversationalist but I'm trying to keep up. That's the unsociable nonconformist in me, however, I do have one thing in common with you guys, I like my Silverwing and that's why most of us are here in the first place. OH
Back to top Go down
rollsroyce250
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2012-06-21

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 11:50 am

Rebe wrote:
 I have, also, removed the plugs, and sprayed a little gas in the cylinders, and then tried to start it.  Well, it starts right up that way for a second or two.  The issues with it is not getting any fuel.

Sorry, see next post.

Last edited by rollsroyce250 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rollsroyce250
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2012-06-21

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 11:54 am

Rebe wrote:
 I have, also, removed the plugs, and sprayed a little gas in the cylinders, and then tried to start it.  Well, it starts right up that way for a second or two.  The issues with it is not getting any fuel.

Back to the OP.
When you pulled the plugs, were they dry, or wet? I know you said you put raw gasoline into the cylinders and it fired right up. But if you cleaned wet plugs, it would do exactly as you describe and then quit if the fuel pressure regulator was leaking. Another fuel pressure regulator check is to pull the vacuum tubes leading to the intake manifold. If there is any sign of gasoline in them, then it's definitely the regulator.
SeaFoam and fresh gas will do nothing for your problem.
Back to top Go down
Rebe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-06-28

PostSubject: Re: no start silver wing   no start silver wing I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 12:14 am

I appreciate all the help and suggestion on this no start issue. RollsRoyce 250 mentioned about the pressure regulator. I was wanting to check on replacing it. The book tells you have to remove the intake manifold to do it. Looking at the fuel rail there it appears it could be changed out without removing it. Just unbolt it from the fuel rail. Has anyone been there done it? Any help would be appreciated!
Back to top Go down

no start silver wing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next