Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition Switch
Installing audio system on my SWing I_icon_minitimeby POCAHONTAS Yesterday at 6:45 pm

» Lift Without A Lift
Installing audio system on my SWing I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 5:25 pm

» LED Headlights
Installing audio system on my SWing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 3:22 pm

» 2003 ABS Silverwing re fresh
Installing audio system on my SWing I_icon_minitimeby xwelder Yesterday at 3:18 pm

» 2003 ABS info on recall work
Installing audio system on my SWing I_icon_minitimeby xwelder Fri Oct 25, 2024 5:00 am

» Handlebar Holder Recall
Installing audio system on my SWing I_icon_minitimeby xwelder Thu Oct 24, 2024 9:12 am

» It's that time of year again.
Installing audio system on my SWing I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Oct 23, 2024 3:31 pm

» Silverwing 600 Owner
Installing audio system on my SWing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Wed Oct 23, 2024 6:47 am

» I Need Help With The Brake Bleeding
Installing audio system on my SWing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sun Oct 20, 2024 4:57 pm

» New FPR, new vacuum pipes, still 22mpg
Installing audio system on my SWing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sun Oct 20, 2024 4:35 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Installing audio system on my SWing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yammer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
yammer

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2013-05-04

Installing audio system on my SWing Empty
PostSubject: Installing audio system on my SWing   Installing audio system on my SWing I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 2:24 pm

I'm installing an audio system on my scooter. The best place I could think of for the speakers was in the 2 compartments at the front. It does mean I have to sacrifice storage space but I never use them for anything. I originally thought of installing them behind the grills on either side of the dash but there is not enough space as there are the turn signal housing on the other side.

Back to top Go down
yammer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
yammer

PostSubject: Re: Installing audio system on my SWing   Installing audio system on my SWing I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:29 am

I managed to fit the speakers inside the front fairing and the amp in the glove compartment, so I did not sacrifice any storage space.

[img]Installing audio system on my SWing AMP_zps1cd7ab01[/img]
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Installing audio system on my SWing   Installing audio system on my SWing I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:37 am

I would like to see a picture of the speaker install and how you wired it..billc.
Back to top Go down
yammer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
yammer

PostSubject: Re: Installing audio system on my SWing   Installing audio system on my SWing I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:12 am

That would be a little difficult to photograph now because I would have to take the fairing off again, not something that I would like to do again Smile . Basically I zip tied the 3 inch speakers to the bottom sub frame that surround the clocks. They sit just below the dash pointing towards the front vents. Wiring the speakers was pretty basic connecting left and right channels to the amp, at the moment power is direct from the battery with a 5 amp inline fuse, although I will take up a line that supplies 12v after the ignition is on. I may install a relay that would be energised in parallel with the rear light as it is easier and more accessible. I passed the supply and speaker wires through the rubber cap in the glove compartment. Pretty happy how it all ended up with nothing showing. Sound came out great, I'll post another video of it.
Back to top Go down
yammer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
yammer

PostSubject: Re: Installing audio system on my SWing   Installing audio system on my SWing I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 2:18 pm

Here's the video with the audio project finished, Can't really see much as everything is concealed, but you'll get the idea Smile

Back to top Go down
daz
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Installing audio system on my SWing   Installing audio system on my SWing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 12:04 pm

Nice work Smile
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Installing audio system on my SWing   Installing audio system on my SWing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 3:24 pm

What do you do when you want to turn it off or volume down? Do you have to stop and open the locked box? You need a phone mount out and up where it can be accessed easily.
Back to top Go down
yammer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
yammer

PostSubject: Re: Installing audio system on my SWing   Installing audio system on my SWing I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 1:09 am

hotwings wrote:
What do you do when you want to turn it off or volume down? Do you have to stop and open the locked box? You need a phone mount out and up where it can be accessed easily.

I do have a phone mount and a Nav GPS mount. Just did not install it yet. In the meantime I leave the compartment open just in case I want to lower or increase the volume.
Back to top Go down

Installing audio system on my SWing
Page 1 of 1