Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Getting in the Swing of things... I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 9:40 pm

» I said Farewell...
Getting in the Swing of things... I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 8:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Getting in the Swing of things... I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 10:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Getting in the Swing of things... I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Getting in the Swing of things... I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:28 pm

» Drive belt prices
Getting in the Swing of things... I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:28 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Getting in the Swing of things... I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Getting in the Swing of things... I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Getting in the Swing of things... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Getting in the Swing of things... I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Getting in the Swing of things...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Haakon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Haakon

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-05-23

Getting in the Swing of things... Empty
PostSubject: Getting in the Swing of things...   Getting in the Swing of things... I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 8:23 pm

Love, that is what I'm feeling for my Swing after getting used to riding her. When I first started riding it felt weird not to have my foots on pegs, hand on a clutch and shifting. I'm used to that now and what is so cool to me is how smooth overall it is to ride. I'm also impressed with the acceleration although it's not as zippy at higher speeds as a regular motorcycle but that is to be expected from a scooter. This bike is so much fun to ride around town and splits lanes so well in traffic.

The pros I see are the under seat storage, smoothness of the ride and ease of operation. I never thought I would be excited to have a scooter on the freeway but my Swing has changed all that. The cons would be not having the ability to manually drop the gear for more power, the light weight although it seems to handle winds fairly well from what I can tell and the location of the rear view mirrors. My last bike was a Honda ST1300 so that gives you an idea of where my comparisons come from.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Getting in the Swing of things... 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Getting in the Swing of things...   Getting in the Swing of things... I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 8:50 pm

I've had mine for over three years and I still get a twitch in that left foot from time to time. I learned not to pull in the "clutch" very quickly. Smile You might want to do a search on mirror extenders to see if that helps with your mirror placement.
Back to top Go down
Haakon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Haakon

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Getting in the Swing of things...   Getting in the Swing of things... I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 9:12 pm

"Hi Yo" wrote:
... You might want to do a search on mirror extenders to see if that helps with your mirror placement.

sunny Mirror extenders are en route along with renthal grips and an accessory socket!
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Getting in the Swing of things...   Getting in the Swing of things... I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 9:41 pm

Haakon, I don't think I welcomed to the forum so welcome. You will love the mirror extenders you will see behind yourself instead of your shoulders.
Hi Yo, you and I joined at the same time and you have 1395 posts. I try to help when I can but you are a busy man. Thank you for all help you offer.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Getting in the Swing of things...   Getting in the Swing of things... I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 1:33 pm

Welcome Haakon! Sound like a new convert for sure Laughing

One thing that amazes me... After a year and 8300 miles on my 2012 I still look for excuses to get on and RIDE; even for a short time... I am not saying I didn't feel this way with newly acquired motorcycles, just that the feeling never lasted this long!!! Ride on!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting in the Swing of things...   Getting in the Swing of things... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting in the Swing of things...
Page 1 of 1