Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Where can I get these things? I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Where can I get these things? I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Where can I get these things? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Where can I get these things? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Where can I get these things? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Where can I get these things? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Where can I get these things? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Where can I get these things? I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Where can I get these things? I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Where can I get these things? I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Where can I get these things?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TWJ74
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-09-07

Where can I get these things? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where can I get these things?   Where can I get these things? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 10:01 am

From TWJ74

One thing that concerns me about my 2010 swing is that I have no way of observing the condition of the electrical system,has anyone installed a amp or volt meter on their swing,and if so let us know how and what had to be done to accomplish this?

Also as a former Gold Wing rider I miss some of the amenities such as a cup holder,heated grips and wind wings,can anyone direct me to where I might find these items?>
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Where can I get these things?   Where can I get these things? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:03 am

Cup-holders can be bought from RAM Mounts and there's one that I thing Dan highlighted which fits a posh car like a Mercedes and sticks to the side of the tunnel. I think I have it in 'My Favourites' - I'll look in a bit.
Motorcycle Larry sells reservoir covers for the Silverwing which have holes to mount RAM balls.
Heated Grips come from Honda themselves or companies like Oxford Products. I'm convinced they come from the same manufacturer, judging by the control boxes.

Wind Wings? The Honda leg-deflectors, about which there's been much 'discussion' of late, are available by post from the UK.

HTH
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get these things?   Where can I get these things? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:24 am

You can get heated grips from hotgrips.com.
They come up to an inch wider than stock. More real estate for your hand.
I recommend picking up a bar buoy for your drink Holder.
You can see both of the above at the Gallery linked in my sig.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get these things?   Where can I get these things? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 1:27 pm

You'd be very lucky to see any British bike or scooter fitted with a cup or beverage holder, apart from maybe Gold Wing owners who think they're American anyway. Smile The usual practice is to take a drink you're off the bike or scooter. Our Police also prosecute car drivers for swigging plastic water bottles on the move, 'Driving without undue care and attention' is the usual charge.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get these things?   Where can I get these things? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 4:35 pm

Meldrew wrote:
The usual practice is to take a drink you're off the bike or scooter. Our Police also prosecute car drivers for swigging plastic water bottles on the move, 'Driving without undue care and attention' is the usual charge.

What a Camelbak extension be legal

Where can I get these things? Rec-accessories-antidote-insulated-tube-2011-300
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get these things?   Where can I get these things? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 5:10 pm

I've got a Camelbak, and they're very popular with cyclists and mountain bikers here in the Lake District. A tip I learned was, when the water in the tube is warm, blow it back into the reservoir, and that puts the colder stuff back in the tube. The insulated tube cover like in your photo is worth having too .
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get these things?   Where can I get these things? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 7:34 pm

Meldrew wrote:
The insulated tube cover like in your photo is worth having too .

I have the insulated tube cover and it works really well. Only the mouth piece is uninsulated. I only need to take a tiny amount of water and spit it out .... then I have very cold water.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get these things?   Where can I get these things? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where can I get these things?
Page 1 of 1