Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Got some things... I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Got some things... I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Got some things... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Got some things... I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Got some things... I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Got some things... I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Got some things... I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Got some things... I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Got some things... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Got some things... I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Got some things...

Go down 
+5
john grinsel
GHM-PM
MikeO
steve_h80
The Dude
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2022-02-20

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: Got some things...   Got some things... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 12:31 am

I like this "Crampbuster". Throttle rests on your palm. Super comfortable and easier to cruise at a given speed.

Got some things... 20220410

This Delkivic exhaust is amazingly fun. I think it does have more power. Sounds fantastic.

Got some things... 20220412

This helmet "LS2 Valiant II" is a real convertible helmet. Easy one button from 3/4 to full face. Has a built-in sun shade. Plus it comes with Pinlock System, neck support bag, storage bag and a proper back pack!

Got some things... 20220415

Got some things... 20220413

Got some things... 20220416
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got some things...   Got some things... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 1:48 am

How do you find the helmet for noise?
I am considering one of those convertible helmets next. I just need to try one to see if they fit my head (I've a Shoei head, not an Aria), and if the accommodate my glasses comfortably.
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got some things...   Got some things... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 2:01 am

steve_h80 wrote:
How do you find the helmet for noise?
I am considering one of those convertible helmets next. I just need to try one to see if they fit my head (I've a Shoei head, not an Aria), and if the accommodate my glasses comfortably.

To be honest, I don't have a lot of experience with helmets concerning noise. But I got this on Amazon who has a gracious return policy.

I do know it is amazingly comfortable, especially in the "open" position. I have another modular but it just flips up like most of them do and looks and feels a bit awkward in the open position. With this one, the chin piece rotates all the way to the back and out of the way. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got some things...   Got some things... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 4:59 am

On the subject of convertible helmets:
I have had Nolan convertibles for some years, in fact since I first noticed them. I had Nolan flip-fronts until then. I have an N44 and two N70-2 GTs
They fit my head perfectly so I have bought them on line with no worry that they'll be uncomfortable.
They are not very quiet, though; I've noticed that more on the Forza than the Silverwing but I wear earphones or ear-plugs as a rule so it doesn't bother me.
I wear glasses; I have found that sometimes/rarely the tip of one side pieces - never both - presses enough for me to have to wriggle my specs to adjust the position but agin, it's not a problem.
I now have driving specs with almost no hook and they are proving excellent although I have to be a little more careful not to dislodge them when donning the helmet. I can easily put them on with the helmet on.
The Nolan chin-guard is either attached or not; there's no rotating out of the way.
In addition, the front opening of the Nolan is massive so vision to the side is superior.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got some things...   Got some things... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 8:19 am

I have used a "Crampbuster" for years a helpful addition! As to helmets I have a hard time finding a unit that fits properly. I bought a Nolan and after one day returned it... People swear by HJC; I tried one on and my head hurt for two days. Arai fit well but are very spendy. My go-to is GMAX. The price point is good and they FIT. I use a modular and am very pleased with it.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3295
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got some things...   Got some things... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 8:43 am

I too, have found GMAX helmets, light/comfortable and priced right. In past I went thru 2 new helmets each year. Resting right now.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got some things...   Got some things... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 9:30 am

I'm still wearing a couple of Schuberth helmets I've had for a long time fitted with their respective integral com units.

The adventure style E1 flip front I use mainly during the colder months, when the adjustable peak is very handy preventing me being dazzled by low or direct winter sun.

It's about now I usually change to the open face E1 helmet, which is my preferred helmet style anyway.

No real misting problems or rain ingress with either helmet and Schuberth have a reputation for making quiet helmets. I always wear custom fit earplugs which are also useful on flights and at music concerts.
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got some things...   Got some things... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 4:16 pm

I tried a lot of helmets. Yema, Scorpion, HJC, Bilt and a few from LS2. Ended up with this one only because Amazon had it marked down to 60% off for some reason, so I snagged it for about $160. But it turned out to be the keeper as it is so versatile and comfortable. It's actually a nice pearl metallic. Since white helmets are safer than black for some reason, that eas an additional benefit. YMMV. 👍
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got some things...   Got some things... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2022 3:16 pm

This Delkevic exhaust system is perfect. The whole bike feels more responsive. 👍

The best part is the low end rumble I was looking for. I tried a couple of cheap cans from Amazon, but this is quite different. A rich, meaty sound throughout the power range. Makes it almost twice as FUN to ride. Highly recommended. 👍

https://delkevic.com/sl10-14-stainless-steel-round-muffler-to-fit-silverwing-fsc600-2002-2014/

Got some things... Produc10
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got some things...   Got some things... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2022 3:36 pm

Hi, had a Delkelvic on mine, great exhausts at a decent price.
Back to top Go down
gustav
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2019-04-13

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got some things...   Got some things... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2022 4:48 pm

Hey Dude, was the Delkevic plug & play. Read on their website one should have your machine dyno'ed after installation. Thanks, Paul
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got some things...   Got some things... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2022 5:22 pm

gustav wrote:
Hey Dude, was the Delkevic plug & play. Read on their website one should have your machine dyno'ed after installation. Thanks, Paul

Hmmmm... not sure. I have about 200 miles on it now, no issues. Mine does have the O2 sensor plugged in. Everything sounds and runs great so far!

I did need to fashion a "shim" of sorts as the supplied clamp from SW pipe to the middle pipe was a bit too large and was still loose, even when clamped at max. A strip of aluminum around the outside of the mid-pipe connection allowed the clamp to tighten properly. Shouldn't need to do this so I may call Delkevic. I have their number as they called to verify my address. What a Face
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got some things...   Got some things... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2022 3:46 am

They supplied mine with the wrong clamp size as well, quick call to them and they shipped out a smaller one.

Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: My Experience with the LS2 Valiant II Helmet   Got some things... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2022 11:34 am

steve_h80 wrote:
How do you find the helmet for noise? I am considering one of those convertible helmets next. I just need to try one to see if they fit my head (I've a Shoei head, not an Aria), and if the accommodate my glasses comfortably.

steve_h80, below is a thread I started based on my research prior to purchasing my flip over LS2 Valiant II helmet in April 2021.  Hopefully it'll provide some additional insights for you.  NOTE: the LS2 Valiant II (model FF900) is the second generation of this helmet and all reviews I read said it had numerous improvements over the first generation LS2 Valiant helmet.   

https://www.silverwing600.com/t12159-modular-flip-over-helmets

I've ridden with my LS2 Valiant II (Orbit - Jeans model) for 1 season now. I can confirm that regardless of contradictory information from the EU and NA distributors' websites regarding the head shape fitment, the NA Brand Manager confirmed it to be an intermediate oval helmet which is what I wear.  (their NA website still says long oval).    

It is definitely not a classic round shape.  My sweetie has more of a Shoei/Schuberth shaped head (round'ish) and this helmet did not fit very well (hot spots felt almost instantly).      

The mechanical parts seem to have held up well after only one season's use and everything works as it should.  It's a little fussy when unlocking it from the rear flipped over position and bringing it back to the front using one hand (i.e. when riding).  I've learned my preferred method is to position the chin bar (either opened or closed) before rolling out or after stopping.  You really need two hands although it can be done with one hand.  However, as I said, it can get fussy on you.

Noise wise it is not as quiet as some of the on-line marketing hype and product reviewers suggest despite the smaller neck collar which purportedly blocks out more noise than a standard full face helmet.  I wear ear protection so this is less of a problem for me.

Regarding wearing eye glasses, the Valiant II markets itself as being eyeglass friendly.  Putting on this helmet is a bit of a challenge when I wear thicker plastic framed glasses.  However, the wire framed pair I now use when riding with thinner wire arms pose less problem.   You still need to be careful putting the helmet on regardless of what kind of glasses you are wearing.

The Valiant II is a feature rich helmet (flip over design, pinlock visor, internal retractable sunshade, decent chin and head venting, appears to be solidly built etc. etc.) and in my opinion, it represents a good value option.  I paid CAD$350 plus tax for mine and based on other helmets I considered, it represented a very good value purchase for me.

If the LS2 Valiant II comfortably fits your head shape, it's worth considering.  I have a MS-WORD doc summary of all of the flip up and flip over helmets I considered and would be happy to send it to you if you're interested. I hope the above information helps.

Unfortunately the Mod di tutti Mods and I couldn't figure out how to post it here as an attachment.  Just PM me with your email address and I'll send it along to you.  

The above is based on my first hand experience -- your mileage may differ.  
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got some things...   Got some things... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2022 2:12 pm

Hey sonuvabug,

I also noticed that it (LS2 Valiant II) seemed a bit finicky for some reason trying to switch the configuration. I couldn't figure it out right away, but discovered there is a mechanism that flips up the visor when you rotate the chin piece. If you first flip the visor up yourself, it's an easier process. Night and day for me anyway, but maybe you already tried that.

Also, mine is not quite broken in yet, but putting n my glasses prior to putting on the helmet just doesn't work. However, they fit quite nicely to put on my glasses after.

YMMV JMHO

I really liked the color you picked. I was quite tempted to get that one, but the white one went on sale for a price I couldn't ignore. cheers

Edit: I also acquired the red reflective visor for this helmet, but opted not to use it. It was far too dark for everyday use and negated a lot of the versatility with the built in sun shade. YMMV.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got some things...   Got some things... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2022 2:55 pm

Hey The Dude, I also flip the front visor up before flipping over the chin bar.  My issue seems to be with the releasing button/mechanism in the chin bar when I want to bring it forward again.  I seem to fumble with it with my riding gloves on. 

I have the opposite experience from you with eyeglasses.  I must put mine on first, and then put on the helmet.  That's the only way I can get things to work for me.   

As for the specific Orbit-Jeans model,  I love it ... especially the luminescent/reflective graphics at night.  However, I did not pick it ... it picked me as it was the ONLY ONE available in my size when I bought it.  You got yours for a great price ... congrats!
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got some things...   Got some things... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2022 4:10 pm

sonuvabug wrote:
Hey The Dude, I also flip the front visor up before flipping over the chin bar.  My issue seems to be with the releasing button/mechanism in the chin bar when I want to bring it forward again.  I seem to fumble with it with my riding gloves on. 

I have the opposite experience from you with eyeglasses.  I must put mine on first, and then put on the helmet.  That's the only way I can get things to work for me.   

As for the specific Orbit-Jeans model,  I love it ... especially the luminescent/reflective graphics at night.  However, I did not pick it ... it picked me as it was the ONLY ONE available in my size when I bought it.  You got yours for a great price ... congrats!

OK, now that's interesting. Mine doesn't require anything to "release" the chin bar to bring it forward. When I put it towards the back, it just kind of has a bit of a "notch" to hold it in place. To bring it forward, I just pull it forward. No buttons. Hmmmm... Maybe I am missing something, wouldn't be the first time. Laughing
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got some things...   Got some things... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2022 4:26 pm

DANG!!! I just checked mine and you are correct TheDude.  You do not have to press the red chin bar release button to get the chin bar to flip forward from the rear position.  For some reason I thought I read you had to do this.

I've been pressing the release button and this was causing the release mechanism to move downward and the resulting friction made it hard to bring the chin bar forward.  I just pulled the chin bar over the helmet without pressing the button it worked eazy peazy.  

A tip of my helmet to you Sir!
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got some things...   Got some things... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2022 4:34 pm

sonuvabug wrote:
DANG!!! I just checked mine and you are correct TheDude.  You do not have to press the red chin bar release button to get the chin bar to flip forward from the rear position.  For some reason I thought I read you had to do this.

I've been pressing the release button and this was causing the release mechanism to move downward and the resulting friction made it hard to bring the chin bar forward.  I just pulled the chin bar over the helmet without pressing the button it worked eazy peazy.  

A tip of my helmet to you Sir!

Woot! That's awesome. Happy I could help. 👍
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Got some things... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got some things...   Got some things... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got some things...
Page 1 of 1