Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Michelin PowerPure Tires

Go down 
+20
RichG
moonshiner
wingmann
Chilliwing
yahooie
TWJ74
honda_silver
johnd
Nowun
"Hi Yo"
matthew
john grinsel
tracab
GHM-PM
Randy
Waspie
Old Limey
tarmacburner2
RArch
Jinglebob
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Michelin PowerPure Tires Empty
PostSubject: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 12:15 am

Greetings. Just a quick note to say that I just put on a set of Michelin PowerPures on my SWing. These are dual compound tires, with a harder formulation in the center of the tire for straight line resistance to wear and softer on the sides for increased traction while leaned over in turns.

Yesterday, I put 250 miles on the tires, both highway and twisties.

Very impressed with these. Would (and will) buy another set. For me, the handling far exceeded the Bridgestones which were on it...
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 3:34 am

Thats encouraging, I was just talking about those with a friend yesterday who is planning on using them soon.

I wonder if the centre is harder than normal with softer sides or the centre normal with softer sides...
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:20 am

RArch wrote:
Thats encouraging, I was just talking about those with a friend yesterday who is planning on using them soon.

I wonder if the centre is harder than normal with softer sides or the centre normal with softer sides...

Or the centre harder than normal with the sides softer than normal. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 12:32 pm

I couldn't tell you, other than to say that I think Michelin's goal for these tires was to increase the tire life by using harder compound where the wear is greatest while not sacrificing handling.

Don't know if that helps much or not, but I'll be watching these to see how long they last and how the handling changes over time and wear. Right now, however, I think they're great!
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Jinglebob, Where are you? Are these tyres available in the UK do you know? I've tried the original Bridgestones, Metzelers and currently on Diablos. I will need to change soon, and was thinking of going back to Bridgestones. I don't like these Diablos at all and they are worn out (both front and rear) at 6,500mls. Smile
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 3:00 pm

Yeap, they are available in the UK. Had a quote of £105 for just the tyres yesterday at the MCN show Smile
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Need a bit more than 250 miles before I commit.

Maybe you could write a review after they have worn out. Mileage and wear rate on the centre and side walls.

But at least it is another tyre option to consider. Now to check if they are available in Blighty!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 3:39 pm

Old Limey wrote:
Jinglebob, Where are you? Are these tyres available in the UK do you know? I've tried the original Bridgestones, Metzelers and currently on Diablos. I will need to change soon, and was thinking of going back to Bridgestones. I don't like these Diablos at all and they are worn out (both front and rear) at 6,500mls. Smile

Just checked on the Michelin UK site and the only tyre they are quoting for the Silver Wing is the Pilot Sport.

When I searched for the Power Pure they only start at rim size of 17 inches and 160 width!!!

To the OP is the Power Pure a new tyre and are you in the States?
Back to top Go down
Randy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 4:04 pm

on my second power pure rear tire. love the handling, the sides stick and they were gone in under 6,000 miles, with our Texas heat on the road i'm sure that doesn't help the wear. Yes i will by another set when these are gone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohanaphotos.com
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 4:07 pm

Waspie wrote:
Old Limey wrote:

Just checked on the Michelin UK site and the only tyre they are quoting for the Silver Wing is the Pilot Sport.

When I searched for the Power Pure they only start at rim size of 17 inches and 160 width!!!

To the OP is the Power Pure a new tyre and are you in the States?

Yes please do tell? I find only 17" tires as well... Your supplier was?
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 12:56 am

Sorry guys...been off the air for a bit.

I'm in Sacramento, California and I purchased the tires through our local Honda dealer, Carmichael Honda. They are also available via internet sales here in the States in the tire sizes used by the SWing.

Waspie, quite right, I would not base anything on a 250-mile run. When I went with the Michelins, it was pretty much flying blind...another guy known as Cortez, over on the ADV website, had used them and said they were pretty good. All I knew is that I did not like the Bridgestones which were on the bike at the time.

We will see how the Michelins hold up-I'm hoping a bit more than 6000 miles, as the purpose of the dual compound is to increase longevity over a softer tire. Bear in mind that I'm not a road racer...I don't run around with my hair on fire anymore, I'm in no hurry to get anywhere and I do a lot of local runs and maybe one long tour a year, so in my view, these tires work well for those purposes. If you're Johnny Rocket, I don't know how these would be for you...but I dig 'em and will get another set.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 2:02 pm

Well. i got 11,000mls out of the front Bridgestone tyre. I have not had better than 6,700mls out of the Bridgestone ,Metzeler or this Diablo for the rear. the front Diablo is down to 2mm of tread after 6,500mls. By UK law it's not far off being illegal.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:43 pm

Here's the link to Michelin USA site showing the tyres or tires for the Silver Wing (all years).

http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/index.cfm?event=TireSelector

So if we UK riders wish to boot our Wings with them we would have to import them from the US.

Jinglebob, I would still be interested in wear rates and how they perform. They may just add the tyre to the UK list available.
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:32 pm

Doug: Have you missed my post above confused
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:42 pm

RArch wrote:
Doug: Have you missed my post above confused

Embarassed Erm!! Yup!!!!! Embarassed Hard day at the fun farm!!!!!

Still don't show on the Uk Michelin tyre site though!!!! Not in Wing sizes!
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:51 pm

Smile

The guy at the Michelin stand directed us to a chap from Watling Tyres who did some calculations and came back with £105 for a pair. It might be worth giving them a ring as their website must not be up to date.

http://www.watlingtyres.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 1:54 pm

RArch, the people i get my tyres from(who also fit and balance them, as, i always take just the wheel to them ) tell me they can get the PowerPure tyres. I'm not ready yet but, I might give them a go next time. Smile I also run a 400 Burgman(13yr old), and i have city grip tyres from Michelin fitted, and am very pleased with their performance.
Back to top Go down
tracab
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
tracab

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:11 pm

Here is a better link for the Swing.

http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/index.cfm?event=powerpuresc
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:08 am

I now have about 8,000 miles on rear of my Burgman 400 on the Michelin mentioned=Great, doesnt seem to slip in rain---WEARs ROUND!!

Maybe Burgman and SilverWing (had both new) comparision maybe a little apples and oranges, but both use same size/speed rating. The Michelin has full weight/load capacity at 33psi....makes for better ride.

I do own tire work, got mine for $50 from Dennis Kirk, balance medium is Ride On, expensive.

Came back from 5 day 2100, **** weather ride to Key West--tire worked fine. Front OEM Bridgestone with 22,000 miles on it----works fine in this combo.

I will buy this Michelin rear again.
probably better as OEM Hoop in rear, which tends to wear square
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 4:46 pm

John, please share with me, and maybe with all, how you've managed to get 22K miles out of your front Hoop. I'd truly like to know.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:56 pm

My front Hoop OEM----a think a softer conmpound than same size Hoop OEM on SilverWing, should should wear faster but doesn't----I use Suzuki recommend pressure @25 psi, cold, check at least weekly. BALANCE, I use Ride ON, which is expensive, but keeps tire/wheel in constant balance.

I ride fast, big front braker---don't over load bike------mounted Pirelli Diablo----rode about 3,000 miles and threw it away as it seemed to screw wet/standing water performance, and re-mounted Hoop.Burgman 400 does not handle as well as SilverWing....probably too much rear weigth bias, and surely more un-sprung weight do to engine/drivetrain going up and down. Because of extreme weight bias to rear, Burgman front does not work hard... BUT I got as I recall over 20,000 miles from Hoop front on SilverWing.

Hoop rears have never done well for me....wearing square....not nice for cornering.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:52 am

john grinsel wrote:
Hoop rears have never done well for me....wearing square....not nice for cornering.

I suffer the same and for that reason am interested in the Michelin tyre. Always know when the Rear hoop is giving up. Shimmying when pulling out to over take at around the 4-5K mile mark. Then I have to slow down and really concentrate on manoeuvres.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Michelin PowerPure Tires 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 1:42 pm

matthew wrote:
John, please share with me, and maybe with all, how you've managed to get 22K miles out of your front Hoop. I'd truly like to know.
Maybe it's all those extended wheelies. affraid
Back to top Go down
Nowun
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Nowun

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Waspie - it must be like Dark-siding ...
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 3:27 pm

Nowun wrote:
Waspie - it must be like Dark-siding ...

Shhhhhhhhhh, don't swear so loudly!!!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: New tire   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 12:01 pm

Thanks everyone for the great incite on a different tire.
I just put on my third Diablo but I have not been satisfied with the millage and was hoping for something better to come along.
I am gong to try and use this tire up soon so, I can buy the Michelin.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 1:02 pm

The Michelin SC on my Burgman......looks like it will go 12,000 miles. So at $50 from Dennis Kirk...my labor to mount, Ride-On as balance medium, good deal and fine feeling tire. Just came in out of rain=no slip-no fear for rider.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 1:06 pm

john grinsel wrote:
The Michelin SC on my Burgman......looks like it will go 12,000 miles.

Was the Michelin SC an OEM tire on the Burgman?
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 1:11 pm

No---and I violated Suzuki recommendation. But combo works.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 1:50 pm

I just fitted a new Bridgestone hoop on the front, after 6,500mls the Diablo was down to 1mm tread. I asked about the Powerpure tyre and was shown thier advertising brochure. It claims to be some kind of "sports" tyre, i don't know what that means. I got 10,000mls out of my last 2 front Bridgestones so i'll stick with that for now . The rear diablo will need changing soon maybe i'll try a Powerpure on there first. Anyone in UK interested it cost me £65 for the new tyre( i take the wheel in and they fit a new valve and balance the wheel). Smile
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 2:25 pm

My 2012 came with IRC rubber; not the best handling tires I have used but they are wearing like "iron". I have 6700 miles (US) on them currently and neither front or rear is anywhere close to replacement... I have noticed the tires handle better the more miles on them; last week on my trip I drove through a little snow and slush and wet roads and they did fine. My nerves however were shot!
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 3:00 pm

On my SilverWing---front puncture----new tire, IRC worked fine.
Back to top Go down
TWJ74
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:24 pm

Hey Guys,I have been using IRC tiers on my 2010 Silverwing,I consistantly get 10,000 miles on the rear and 20,000 on the front.IRC tires are the ones that came on the bike when I bought it new,that seems to be the best milege I have read about so far.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 3:24 pm

john grinsel wrote:
No---and I violated Suzuki recommendation.

That is OK Laughing ... I violated Suzuki's recommendation when I bought my Silverwing Razz
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:07 pm

honda_silver wrote:
john grinsel wrote:
No---and I violated Suzuki recommendation.

That is OK Laughing ... I violated Suzuki's recommendation when I bought my Silverwing Razz

:not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy:
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:00 am

Just fitted these (Michelin Power Pure SC) tyres to my Silverwing and took it for a short 20 mile ride today. They feel nice as new tyres should Smile

I'm hoping they last a little longer than the Diablos which had 6200 miles, they had a little more left especially the front but didn't want to mix makes. The original Hoops got 7500 miles.

The Diablos where great, I never experienced a slip in the wet like I did with the Hoops. They warmed up quickly too which is possibly why they wore a bit quicker.

It will be interesting to see how these Power Pure SC's will compare in six months time...
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:04 am

Forgot to add that I purchased them from http://www.oponeo.co.uk when a local supplier was unable to get them from his Michelin supplier. £84 for pair including delivery from Germany and paid £20 for fitting.
Back to top Go down
yahooie
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 5:09 pm

I am in South Florida and the hot pavement tears up the tires. The original gave me 6000, the Metzler Feel free gave me 6000 and the Pirelli Diablo gave me 5500. I am now going to try out the Powerpure which I will have installed on Friday. Will report back in about 6 months when I am getting ready for another rear tire.
Back to top Go down
Chilliwing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Chilliwing

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 12:54 pm

Has anyone tried the Power Sport SC Radial for touring scooters as opposed to the Power Pure SC? Looks like a completely different tread pattern. It is billed as having better grip and comfort at higher speeds, wonder if the tire life is similar to the Power Pure.
Back to top Go down
wingmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
wingmann

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 2:24 pm

Chilliwing do they even make the power sport SC Radial in the same size tires that are on the Silverwing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:43 pm

I wasn't really impressed with the life of the Michelin PowerPure. If I think of it I will take a picture of it when I get home, there are a bunch of threads hanging off of it. But it did get me home!

I just ordered a Michelin City Grip, Hopefully it will get here before Saturday so I can have it mounted and riding for next week's commute. Up until today I haven't driven the car in to work since May first (84 miles round trip.)
Back to top Go down
yahooie
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 10:39 pm

If this tire lasts as long as the Pirelli and the more expensive Metzler I may just stick with it. Although I did get about 8000 miles on a Hidenau tire on my old 250. But at $90 for the rear not sure I want to spend that much for only a few more miles. I am concerned though with the power pure tread pattern for the heavy rains here in south Florida. Guess I will find out soon. Tire should be here tomorrow, getting mounted Friday and have a couple of 70 mile round trips to make this weekend and pretty good chance of rain expected.
Back to top Go down
Chilliwing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Chilliwing

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 12:38 am

wingmann wrote:
Chilliwing do they even make the power sport SC Radial in the same size tires that are on the Silverwing.

Wingman, if you use the Michelin North America guide and plug in the Honda Silverwing the final option of 2001 model year is chosen for you. Assuming that the model year is irrelevant then the only option it provides you is the Power Pure. However if you approach it selecting scooter tires (tyres for our friends across the pond) by using the scooter icon instead of make of scooter you will see a number of options. Then check tire sizes under each option for a match. To further complicate the issue my Michelin dealer tells me they have more size options than the guide shows and some of the sizes shown on the guide have been discontinued, go figure. Best thing I can suggest is to check with your dealer for availability.
Back to top Go down
moonshiner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
moonshiner

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 2:48 am

I have run IRC durotours on all my big bikes when I could find them in the past , and always got excellent mileage and performance out of them 20+ K on the front and about 15K on the rear , just about bought a set for my swing this time , probably will next time , I always ran Michelins on my cars , race bikes and bicycles , yes they make great bicycle tires too, but like all Michelins they seem to wear quickly but grip like a demon , for a more performance oriented ride , I would not hesitate to slap Michelins on anything I own...
Back to top Go down
yahooie
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 10:05 am

I need something that is a good wet tire that I can get a lot of mileage out of. Paying $100 for a tire and another $50 for mount and balance gets pretty expensive when u do it every 6000 miles and that's every 4-6 months. My commute is 50 miles round trip a day which is 1000 miles a month. Then there are all of the other trips, sons soccer, trips to the store and pleasure cruising. The Pirelli was only $60 and the Metzler was $80. I guess the deal on the Michelin for $50 won't be so bad if I get about the same life out of it. Has anyone tried the Dunlop SX01 tires?
Back to top Go down
RichG
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 10:41 am

yahooie wrote:
I need something that is a good wet tire that I can get a lot of mileage out of. Paying $100 for a tire and another $50 for mount and balance gets pretty expensive when u do it every 6000 miles and that's every 4-6 months. My commute is 50 miles round trip a day which is 1000 miles a month. Then there are all of the other trips, sons soccer, trips to the store and pleasure cruising. The Pirelli was only $60 and the Metzler was $80. I guess the deal on the Michelin for $50 won't be so bad if I get about the same life out of it. Has anyone tried the Dunlop SX01 tires?

I just ordered a Michelin City grip ($76 + tax and $50 to Mount).
Ordered from my dealer in Saint Augustine. Tire is in, waiting for Tropical Storm Andrea to go away so I can get it Mounted.
My Swing is a 2012 I purchased new. It has 4500 Miles on it and the rear Tire (OEM IRC) is down to 2/32nds, new it was 7/32nds.
The Front Tire (IRC) is almost 4/32nds, new it was 4/32nds. I'm only replacing the rear tire at this time.
Has anyone tried the Mitchelin City Grips?
I also can't figure out how some people say they are getting 10K or more miles from a rear tire. I lived near Pittsburgh, PA until last year and was still only getting about 4500-5K miles from the rear tire on my 2007 Honda Shadow. The Dealer told me that this was the average mileage to expect from a motorcycle tire.
I ride much more here in Florida so it will be expensive having to replace the tire possibly twice a year.
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 3:34 pm

I have the city grips on my Reflex and they are pretty capable tires. I'm kind of surprised they offer them for the Silver Wing- on the Michelin website only the Pure Power SCs are recommended. http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/tire-selector

BTW, only if you are comfortable doing so- inflate your tires a few pounds higher than the recommended pressure. I am not encouraging you to do this but in my case it has helped extend tire life, perhaps 500-1000 miles. I inflate to 40psi front and rear.

Jesse in Atlanta
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Some up dates on tires----Front hoop on myBurgman 400, same size on SilverWing 600 now at 25,000 approx.-----probablywill go 30,000. I use Ride On as balance medium, run bike makers pressure recommendation.

Michelin---SC,SilverWing and Burgman 400, Yamaha majesty all use same size------I have SC on rear right now, current
miles around 8,000 will change after 10,000. Note on SC, tire max carry capacity @33psi---Why run them rock hard?

For first replacement fr and rear for SilverWing, I used IRC for 2 reasons---good luck with them in past, one of the tires Honda has tested and sometimes OEM.

Back to SC----still $50 from Dennis Kirk, fr @$67.

I do own tire work, inspect everything carefully, check pressure often---as I ride a lot---at least 25,000 miles a year---my tires never die of age....and most important, I ride a scooter like scooter. Bottom line---even thought SC is not recommnded by Honda or Suzuki, the rear in combo with Hoop fr has worked for me very well----$50 a nice price. In a few months when I re-tire (buy new tires) will probably go for SC Fr and rear.
Back to top Go down
agreat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 5:40 pm

Hi RArch,

I've just been looking on http://www.oponeo.co.uk/moto-tyre/michelin-power-pure-sc for tyres but cant see the pair for £84, just fitted a front hoop £53 from oponeo and £10 fitting.
I don't think the rear (hoop) has much life in it and was thinking of going for a Powerpure for the rear after reading this, but I don't see the correct size either (150/70 - 13 64S)?
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 5:50 pm

agreat: Sorry if I confused you. I bought two individual tyres, the front and rear which came to £84 at that time. It looks like when a tyre is out of stock it disappears from the site.

Items ordered:
Michelin Power Pure SC 120/80-14 58 S Front TL M/C £41 GBP
Michelin Power Pure SC 150/70-13 64 S Rear TL M/C £43 GBP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   Michelin PowerPure Tires I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michelin PowerPure Tires
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next