Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» touch up paint
bearing in the final drive assembley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby DareStx Today at 12:01 pm

» NQiGTS Pro Electric Scooter
bearing in the final drive assembley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Today at 8:23 am

» Ultimate Touring Machine!
bearing in the final drive assembley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 8:19 am

» He Finally Arrived
bearing in the final drive assembley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby DareStx Yesterday at 6:40 pm

» January 2021 Photo
bearing in the final drive assembley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mike from NS Yesterday at 7:26 am

» Potential ruination of Peggy's Cove
bearing in the final drive assembley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mike from NS Yesterday at 7:22 am

» Riding 2021
bearing in the final drive assembley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:41 pm

» Need Skirt R 50611 MZT 681ZJ Gray
bearing in the final drive assembley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:44 pm

» Brake Fluid Resistant Paint
bearing in the final drive assembley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:00 pm

» How is the vaccine doing in your area
bearing in the final drive assembley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:16 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

bearing in the final drive assembley

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 3635
Registration date : 2009-06-12

bearing in the final drive assembley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bearing in the final drive assembley   bearing in the final drive assembley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:36 am

There is no reason to pull the Clutch Bell to inspect that seal unless the seal is leaking.

Maybe clean up the inside of the belt case as spotless as can be, like is shown on that SWCI video, then pull the case again in a month or so to check for any signs of seal leaks.

Inmate "ToolBoxJesse" figured out a way to pull the Clutch Bell using a 6 or 8" three arm puller, but it's still a PITA even if you do have the right tool. And whatever you do DON'T hammer the Bell back on the shaft. You'll damage the internal bearing. Press the Bell back on with a length of PVC pipe, a stack of washers and the clutch nut. HTH

Tim

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 3635
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: bearing in the final drive assembley   bearing in the final drive assembley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Ok, here is a link to the Clutch Bell removing tool measurements from the SWCI forum: http://www.silverwing400.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=86&Itemid=83

And here is the link for the tool for reinstalling the Clutch Bell from the same site: http://www.silverwing400.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=87&Itemid=83

Hopefully you've got a machinist in the family who's able to do this kind of a job for you. 'Cause otherwise you'll be spending a whole lot of your Christmas money getting this job done over the counter.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: bearing in the final drive assembley   bearing in the final drive assembley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Great find Cosmic_jumper.At the bottom of link there is a scroll back and forward button,cool things.
My service manual arrived today.I opened up to 10-20 and there was the tool.It was the first page I looked at ,way to funny.
Here is the pic .Thanks
http://postimg.org/image/66ex9mo6v/
Back to top Go down
jmaslak
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2012-06-15

PostSubject: Re: bearing in the final drive assembley   bearing in the final drive assembley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 6:41 pm

http://www.gearhead.com/honda-07zmc-mcta100.html#/s/HOM//07ZMC-MCTA100/1

I've never ordered from them (I *THINK* I ordered from Dennis Kirk), but there is a bunch of places that you can order it from - this is just the first one I found. It's a bit more than $100 USD. If you remove the clutch bell twice, it's probably going to pay for itself in labor savings over having a dealer do it. It is a sturdy tool - you probably can replace a hammer or two with it.

One caution - don't wait until you need it to order it. You won't be able to get it quickly, as it seems these take a bit of time to get shipped, and may even be "backordered". It seems Honda's tools are inventoried completely differently than Honda's parts, resulting in no online availability checking of the tool by dealers and such.

I do agree you don't need to fix things that aren't showing problems, and wouldn't remove the clutch bell unless I was fixing something I knew was broken.
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: bearing in the final drive assembley   bearing in the final drive assembley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 8:05 pm

Yes I seen gear head a while ago and continued looking.And that's just 1 tool piece of the 3.
The nut is $65. WooHoo.$192 for all 3 pieces here.
https://www.partzilla.com/index.php?pcsid=spc4umvqdqr9p8779a8ctq0tt6&p=cart
Please correct me if I'm wrong.Oh the clutch compressor was $120 or 180.Yah right!
Back to top Go down
jmaslak
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2012-06-15

PostSubject: Re: bearing in the final drive assembley   bearing in the final drive assembley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 8:07 pm

The three piece tool is to install the bell, the tool I listed is to remove it (that part number includes a bolt and the threaded tube both).
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: bearing in the final drive assembley   bearing in the final drive assembley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 9:23 pm

Ok 192+64=254+$2 gasket to put a dab of grease on the bearing.
Too bad there not at auto zone,I'd rent it.haha
Back to top Go down

bearing in the final drive assembley
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2