Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!!

Go down 
+12
DennisB
Lab Rat
Katori
ronjr009
masscoot
mr fish
MikeH
The Scootist
Bernardo
DickO
honda_silver
JeffR
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!!   I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi,

I finally got a chance to install the Dr Pulley sliders today and then went for about a 100 mile ride. So far I like them and this is the first time in, I don't know when, where I averaged 52 mpg. I rode for about 18 miles first and then filled my tank. That tank took me 88 miles, with 22 miles being curvy roads going about 30-50 mph, and then the remaining 66 miles on the interstate averaging 70 indicated; which is 65 actual for my SWing.

I haven't gotten this good of mileage since the bike was newer and on slow curvy roads. One time I avg'd 53 mpg but all of the ride was only about 40-50 mph. So I will give a short review on how it rode going slower and on the interstate:

Slow Riding: On the slower part of the ride, 30-50 mph the rpms were only a few hundred more rpm's up until about 40 or 45 and then it seemed after that they went down to normal. It seemed smooth but the roads were a bit rougher where I was. The acceleration seems to be inbetween the stock set-up and the J. Costa, but a bit closer to the Costa. I didn't give it WOT (wide open throttle) very much at all but when I did it seemed to jump and would give you that feeling of pushing you back in the seat a bit. Overall I am pleased with the slow riding characteristics.

Interstate Riding: When I got on the interstate it seemed that my SWing is running about 400-500 rpms lower than with the stock set-up. Here are my before and after rpm's:

speed before rpm's after rpms

70 5,500-5,600 5100
75 6,000 5,500
80 6,400 5,900-6,000

The speeds are indicated and the true speed on mine is 5 mph less (70 indicated is 65 actual). It also seemed that the bike was more relaxed and smoother when on the interstate. I know the rpms' were lower but it also seemed a more relaxed ride for some reason. I know this is just a seat of the pants assessment but I don't know how else to explain it. The after rpm's are what I was first getting with the stock set-up when new but I haven't been able to get those same rpm's when I re-installed the stock variator a few weeks back.

When I installed the Dr Pulley sliders I did use a dry lubricant so maybe that is a reason I'm getting lower rpm's, or maybe this is just the way the DR Pulleys work. Since most of my riding is on the interstate it seems I should like these better than the stock set-up. Like I said I avg'd 52 mpg for 88 miles which I haven't done in quite some time. It seemed that even when I would take it easy the best I could get was 46-47 mpg. So this is nice. I'm sure I will get even better mileage when I go on longer rides when I'm riding slow and easy around here. I sure hope so.

I will ride for awhile and keep good records on my mileage and things and give a follow up review soon. I will say that so far so good. It isn't as good, performance wise, as the J. Costa but I am getting lower rpms's with it and it still gives good performance.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

AuthorMessage
Katori
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Katori

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!!   I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:58 pm

I am thinking about installing the 28Gr rollers and HiT clutch.
I need to send Paul a mail for the final go.

I'm pretty convinced about the sliders but not sure on the HiT clutch.
Those that have experience, can you share your insights?
Isn't the HiT cauing a more 'agressive' touch to the throttle?
Might be that I am mistaken, it just looks like you need to be very careful when going WOT, right?
Any advice is appreciated...
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!!   I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:51 pm

I just ordered a new belt and a set of 20gr sliders so I will be experimenting with the sliders. I have the 28 gr and will install the 20 gr when they come in. I will also keep track of the rpm's too. After I use them for about a week I will use a combination of the 2 to see how they work. I really like the sliders so far but I do miss the J. Costa. Talk about fun with the J. Costa..that is really a good mod.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Katori
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Katori

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!!   I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 2:31 am

Hi Jeff; looking forward to your findings!
Back to top Go down
Lab Rat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Lab Rat

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-03-15

PostSubject: Re: I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!!   I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:44 pm

I know this is an old thread, but it seemed to be the best one to add my experience to...

I replaced my belt, final drive oil, and stock rollers a couple of days ago, at 21,000 miles. I bought the bike used from a dealer, and could tell from the other maintenance I've done, that basically nothing has been taken care of as prescribed. "We inspected the belt, it's fine." Yeah, okay.

Anyway, everything went well, thanks to all the hints, tips, and how-to's provided by the fabulous people on this forum. I installed the Dr. Pulley 24gram sliders. Performance-wise, I'm sure it's better, but I don't really ride the scooter like that. I've recently upgraded from smaller scooters, and the SWing has got plenty of performance for me. My rpm's dropped from 5600 @ 70mph indicated, to 5000 @ 70mph indicated. Like everyone else, my 70 indicated is really 65. It is overall a much smoother ride, much less 'buzzy', which is probably attributed to getting rid of the old dirty, somewhat notched rollers. I haven't run through a full tank yet, but it does appear that I will finally get past the 50mpg hump. My previous best tank has been about 43mpg, so that will be a nice improvement.

So now I've done the Givi AirFlow, oil and filter, air filter, spark plugs, final drive oil, belt, and sliders. Tires are good, and air pressure holds well. Now I can enjoy the ride, knowing that maintenance items are up to date, and indeed somewhat upgraded.

Next up, accessories and cosmetics. I'm gonna have to get together with DennisB and pick up one of his GPS mounts. Maybe more...

Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!!   I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Not that far away from ya. 14 mile due South on 75. Your welcome to come by any time...Well, not any time. I'll PM my phone number to ya if ya need it.
Back to top Go down
Lab Rat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Lab Rat

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-03-15

PostSubject: Re: I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!!   I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Yes sir, I figured I would come on down and pick up whatever I wanted to buy, after confirming of course that you and the parts are available!
Back to top Go down
mikbak
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
mikbak

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!!   I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Installed 28gm rollers 200mile ago, fuel consumption better and take off much smoother
Back to top Go down
http://www.maxi-touring.co.uk
hobbykim
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!!   I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:45 pm

After I read about Dr pulley.I ordered the 28 gram sliders yesterday and I hope will be to my house today because the store at Oregan.I hope I will enjoy with it.Thanks for all information about this.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!!   I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 4:26 pm

hobbykim wrote:
After I read about Dr pulley.I ordered the 28 gram sliders yesterday and I hope will be to my house today because the store at Oregan.I hope I will enjoy with it.Thanks for all information about this.

Please provide a full report on your installation and impressions.
Back to top Go down
hobbykim
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!!   I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 2:08 am

I will do report after installation and use it.I run 250 mile at this week end with Goldwing people and they realy supprice how much power my wing have.
Back to top Go down
hobbykim
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!!   I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:11 pm

I did install Dr puller today,did not take me long to install,I made spectial tool to hold pulley work very good,short test drive around the town I realy like it.It very smooth take off and the power very smooth.I will test drive on the free way late.The weather not very good today.I try to show my tool I made to hold the pulley but not work
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!!   I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 9:43 pm

awesome job!
Cant wait to get mine in!
Back to top Go down
hobbykim
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!!   I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 9:51 pm

I did test drive on I-5 ,I got 70 MPH at 5000 rpm,65 MPH at 4500 Rpm,scooter smooth on the road,take off fromt stop light very smooth,better than stock roller.I happy with it.Thank for all the people at this forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!!   I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I installed the Dr Pulley Sliders !!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2