Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

posts always open to the bottom of the page

Go down 
+4
KurtPerthWA
JeffR_
"Hi Yo"
stew1300
8 posters
AuthorMessage
stew1300
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
stew1300

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-03-03

posts always open to the bottom of the page Empty
PostSubject: posts always open to the bottom of the page   posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 9:37 pm

When ever I open a post or topic my screen always jumps to the bottom or last entry instead of starting at the top. Is this the norm or do I need to press a button or turn a switch to reverse the process ? confused
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
posts always open to the bottom of the page 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: posts always open to the bottom of the page   posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:27 pm

This is normal. I believe that when the forum was originally set up, this was what the members wanted.It eliminated scrolling through numerous posts you have already read.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: posts always open to the bottom of the page   posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:35 pm

Yes, when I first set the site up I experimented with seeing the last post first or it opening up to see the last post, and members would rather go to the last post. This is really best since we have many topics that are many pages long and you would then have to go to the last page to see the last post. Once you have been here for awhile and active you will see it is the most useful way to see the posts.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: posts always open to the bottom of the page   posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 10:00 am

Jah Jah sehr gut... Jah
Back to top Go down
stew1300
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
stew1300

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-03-03

PostSubject: Re: posts always open to the bottom of the page   posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 10:29 am

Thanks for the replies, I now know it is what it is and not something I'm doing. Smile
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: posts always open to the bottom of the page   posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 1:57 pm

stew1300 wrote:
When ever I open a post or topic my screen always jumps to the bottom or last entry instead of starting at the top.

If you use "View posts since last visit"
-) If you click the small page (arrow pointing to it) to the left of the title, it will bring you to the bottom of the page
-) If you click the title, it will bring you to the top of the page

If you use "Latest topics", it will bring you to the bottom of the page.
Back to top Go down
len
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-04-02

PostSubject: Re: posts always open to the bottom of the page   posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 2:55 pm

Why does fan run so often..never gets above 3 marks but fan starts at every traffic
Light...coolant ok
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: posts always open to the bottom of the page   posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 8:28 am

Hey len!

I can see that this is your first post.  You really should introduce yourself (go here and start a new post: https://www.silverwing600.com/f1-introductions ).  And then post this question about the Silverwing cooling fan as a new post in an area regarding maintenance or some relevant thing ( https://www.silverwing600.com/f7-maintenance-tips-and-hints ).

You could also search for COOLING FAN and you will get a few responses ( https://www.silverwing600.com/search?search_keywords=COOLING+FAN&typerecherche=interne&show_results=topics ).

My experience with the Silverwing is that the fan will run a lot when the ambient temperature gets above 80 and you are doing a good bit of in traffic riding.

Asking about the cooling fan in a thread about tips to use the site is kind of an internet "oxymoron".

If you need help directly on using the site ask the MODS.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2013-03-20

PostSubject: Re: posts always open to the bottom of the page   posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 10:24 am

jdeereanton wrote:
"oxymoron".

Other examples of oxymoron...

"Government Initiative"
"British Intelligence"
"Happy Marriage"
"Business Ethics"
"Microsoft Works" !!!!!

Wink 

Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: posts always open to the bottom of the page   posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 11:07 am

Many people will call me "oxymoron"...but without the "oxy".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: posts always open to the bottom of the page   posts always open to the bottom of the page I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

posts always open to the bottom of the page
Page 1 of 1