Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeby Mighty Mouse Today at 4:47 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

new forum intro pic

Go down 
+5
honda_silver
DaveR
Waspie
txtrkdrvr
joncallihan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

new forum intro pic Empty
PostSubject: new forum intro pic   new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:14 am

IMHO, while the picture of the (I presume) Alps is impressive, what does it have in common with Silver Wings. At least, if the bikes in the foreground were included, it might have merit.

:flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
txtrkdrvr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
txtrkdrvr

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: New photo on main page   new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:59 am

Best guess? Andorra. How far did I miss it?
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: new forum intro pic   new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:18 pm

Depends if you were using a Barrett or an Uzi!!!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
txtrkdrvr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
txtrkdrvr

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: weapon of choice   new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:48 pm

My personal weapon of choice and everyday carry piece is and always will be a Colt Govt. Issue .45 caliber chrome plated with pearl handles. Hollow points in the clip. Not much good for long distance targets, but most effective for anything within a 50 yard zone. Florida's concealed weapons permit is easy to get so long as you have previous military training and have never been in trouble with the law. I've had my permit for 12 yrs now.
What part of Andorra did they say that was located?
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: new forum intro pic   new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:14 pm

txtrkdrvr wrote:
My personal weapon of choice and everyday carry piece is and always will be a Colt Govt. Issue .45 caliber chrome plated with pearl handles. Hollow points in the clip. Not much good for long distance targets, but most effective for anything within a 50 yard zone. Florida's concealed weapons permit is easy to get so long as you have previous military training and have never been in trouble with the law. I've had my permit for 12 yrs now.
What part of Andorra did they say that was located?

+1

No weapons in the good old UK. We may be able to pull faces or perhaps a the odd name calling!!!! Laughing

No idea about the pics location but it does look nice.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: new forum intro pic   new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:15 pm

Good on you Jon! I agree
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: new forum intro pic   new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:22 pm

I like the picture. Why does it have to a Silver Wing. We talk 'Wing' we ride 'Wing' we fix 'Wing'. Why does it have to be an actual pic of the bike we ride. I can walk out to the garage to look at the real thing.

A nice scenic pic of somewhere it would be nice to point the 'Wing' at is OK by me.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: new forum intro pic   new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:28 pm

joncallihan wrote:
IMHO, while the picture of the (I presume) Alps is impressive, what does it have in common with Silver Wings. At least, if the bikes in the foreground were included, it might have merit.

From https://www.silverwing600.com/t2669-for-england-member#41017

pippobis2 wrote:
Loredana's pics 2 stage https://picasaweb.google.com/114647382890137961558/MetzCalais14Agosto20112

Riding on a Silverwing and taking pictures still counts. cheers
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: new forum intro pic   new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 3:57 pm

At least I was right about the Alps. St Gotthard pass is hard to miss once you've been over it.

Your second link pointed to another set of photos, none of which were in the mountains.

It's your forum, so the choice of lead photo is your to do with what you wish.

Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: new forum intro pic   new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 4:35 pm

joncallihan wrote:
Your second link pointed to another set of photos, none of which were in the mountains.

From https://www.silverwing600.com/t2669-for-england-member#41017

pippobis2 wrote:
Loredana's pics 1 stage https://picasaweb.google.com/114647382890137961558/AgrateMetz13Agosto2011
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: new forum intro pic   new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 6:41 pm

I was going to suggest one like this...but oops, it isn't the right scooter... Laughing

new forum intro pic File

A scooter in the foreground with Mt. St. Helens in the background. Just a bit of cloud artistically placed. Pretty wildflowers in front of the bike.

FWIW, the Rounders forum has a monthly calendar submission where you can submit photos each month. The only rule is that the picture has to be taken in that month, of any year. For a small forum, they get some great pics.

Chris
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: new forum intro pic   new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Daboo wrote:
new forum intro pic File

Great inspiration to ride swing
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: new forum intro pic   new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:21 pm

If you'd get some Silverwing riders in this area to deign to ride with a lowly Burgman 400, you could get some pics like that to put on your forum. Laughing

There's a beauty in any place we live. I'm blessed with both some of the most rugged mountains in the world and seashores within easy riding distance. But there are places, even out in the plains states where they have a beauty of their own.

The thing I wrestle with is that I enjoy both the ride and the final destination. Most people if you're riding with others, want to enjoy only one or the other. I think it would be wonderful after a good ride to simply sit on a high spot and look out over thousands of acres of golden wheat under a perfectly blue sky, and just listen to the wind blowing over my ears with no sound of anything louder than a bird singing. If you could capture that sense of wonder and beauty in a photo, it would be worth putting on the forum's home page.

Chris
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: new forum intro pic   new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:53 pm

Daboo wrote:
If you'd get some Silverwing riders in this area to deign to ride with a lowly Burgman 400, you could get some pics like that to put on your forum. Laughing

There's a beauty in any place we live. I'm blessed with both some of the most rugged mountains in the world and seashores within easy riding distance. But there are places, even out in the plains states where they have a beauty of their own.

The thing I wrestle with is that I enjoy both the ride and the final destination. Most people if you're riding with others, want to enjoy only one or the other. I think it would be wonderful after a good ride to simply sit on a high spot and look out over thousands of acres of golden wheat under a perfectly blue sky, and just listen to the wind blowing over my ears with no sound of anything louder than a bird singing. If you could capture that sense of wonder and beauty in a photo, it would be worth putting on the forum's home page.

Chris

Being that I am originally from South Dakota..... I know that picture well. Give me mountains!
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: new forum intro pic   new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:57 pm

Waspie wrote:
I like the picture. Why does it have to a Silver Wing. We talk 'Wing' we ride 'Wing' we fix 'Wing'. Why does it have to be an actual pic of the bike we ride. I can walk out to the garage to look at the real thing.

A nice scenic pic of somewhere it would be nice to point the 'Wing' at is OK by me.

Im with the bald guy, i like it.
If you've seen 1 Silverwing, you have pretty much seen them all.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: new forum intro pic   new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:28 pm

The problem I have with the picture is that the top forum picture should be an advertisement for what the board is about.

If you look at the pic, can you tell what the forum is about? No.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: new forum intro pic   new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:48 pm

True. But if you cant read, what the point in having a forum?

It says Honda silverwing forum at least 3 times, if someone needs a pictograph to confirm what there reading then well . . . . . . . . .
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: new forum intro pic   new forum intro pic I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:44 am

Tagg wrote:
True. But if you cant read, what the point in having a forum?

It says Honda silverwing forum at least 3 times, if someone needs a pictograph to confirm what there reading then well . . . . . . . . .

Well, we just got a new person who signed up with GL500 silverwing motorcycle rather than the FSC600 scooter, I bet its because he read that this was a Silverwing forum, and yet he got the wrong Idea. Maybe if we had a Silverwing scooter up there he might not have.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new forum intro pic   new forum intro pic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new forum intro pic
Page 1 of 1