Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

BMW Scooter

Go down 
+14
surlybiker58
GHM-PM
Waspie
sling08
Daboo
bikerboy
Meldrew
MikeO
jodders1
AAAA
bigbird
john grinsel
robert
Ishkatan
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Ishkatan
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Ishkatan

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-11-16

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 4:17 am

BMW is releasing two new scooter models.

Video: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/36/1/Motorcycle-Video-Groups/Scooter-Videos.aspx

Article: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/789/11505/Motorcycle-Article/BMW-C-600-Sport-and-C-650-GT-Unveiled-.aspx

15 inch wheels sound nice so hopefully others will follow the trend toward bigger wheels (: Hint Honda... Smile. And I see a trend towards slightly bigger motors and movable windshields ... choice is good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.parklawnsailingassociation.org
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 7:15 am

It's great to hear BMW is going to bring their new Maxi-Scooters to North America, lets hope that Honda brings the New Integra with it's 17 in. wheels to N.A., not to mention the Aprilia SRV 850 with it's monster motor.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3295
Registration date : 2009-08-18

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:47 pm

I looked the scooter up under BMW.de----- not included yet, I have read somewhere there is Kymco connection(good as they make pretty good stuff).
Kymco also makes powertrain for Daelim 250 in Korea.

If BMW can hold price, and not have their usual electric/other troubles fine. Up down windshield real plus-----looks like rear wheel might come off easy, too.

To me, as long time BMW rider----lack of dealerships, real minus.....and the often attitude in yuppie dealerships. Time will tell and my take big scooter market in North America pretty dead.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 3:02 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 5:24 pm

New bike should be purchased Feb-early Mar 2012. NT new is sales flop in US----so won't bring great on trade. I still haven't made up mind on what to get---Black from being seen standpoint not best choice....SilverWings, both 2011 and 2012 are black. I hope wheels are still silver.

With $1500 price difference, Burgman 400 still on mind. 4-way flashers do it for me and outside temp gauge and white color.

So far best offer on trade is from Honda.

I ride everyday and enjoy it, regardless of bike----but hate fix it hassles, so keep them for the most part unmodified.
Back to top Go down
Ishkatan
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Ishkatan

Number of posts : 203

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:39 pm

john grinsel wrote:
New bike ....SilverWings, both 2011 and 2012 are black.

Have you considered buying a used bike with low mileage? Just wondering. I've seen Burgmans in white and Silverwings in red. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.parklawnsailingassociation.org
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 9:09 am

I don't usually buy used bikes as I turn new into used quickly. Always having new means for the most part always having a warranty.

In the past I have bought used if give away price and good condition and turned profit on re-sale.

As motorcycles/scooters are my hobby (no skiing in the south) and prime transport and I can still afford it, new is fun----but as market for big scooters is slow and little new coming out, making choice getting harder.....what is available---SilverWing/Burgman400-650, TMAX, etc are old designs and work well. Sure would like to see scooter with easy remove wheels/ no valve adjust/50,000 mile belt and most important of all for long term comfort, good/great air management. Buffeting is a crime. And, of course price point @ $5,000 US.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:52 am

+1

robert wrote:
It's great to hear BMW is going to bring their new Maxi-Scooters to North America, lets hope that Honda brings the New Integra with it's 17 in. wheels to N.A., not to mention the Aprilia SRV 850 with it's monster motor.
Back to top Go down
jodders1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jodders1

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2011-05-09

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:07 am

BMW C650GT prices announced for uk on mcn news £10,000
!!!!OUCH!!!!
these BMW badges are getting expensive these days!!!!
honda silverwing £6,505
honda integra £7,500
aprilia srv 850 £7,800
any prices announced in other countries to compare for the honda silverwing,BMW c650gt+sport model,honda integra,aprilia srv850 scooters yet?
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:58 am

The 650 GT is €11,050.00 here which includes tax at 21%
The High Line Pack is €850.00 inc. tax
Alarm - €225.00 inc.tax

And:
The 650 GT does not cost £10,000.00 in the UK.
That is the cost if one buys the High Line package (optional) - not everyone wants heated seats or heated grips.

Last edited by MikeO on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 7:04 am

It's easy enough to look at the prices by looking at the importers websites in the EU countries. I've just looked at the Irish Honda site thinking Ireland might have the SWT-600 Silver Wing in it's line up for 2012 and they don't. They still have the FJS 600 Silver Wing like we have. Because Ireland is in the Euro, and with their taxes they're paying about £7800 for what we're paying £6505 for. Shocked Smile
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:32 am

The prices according to MotorCycle News are £9,705 for the 'basic' version and £10,245 for the one with added gizmos (heated seat and grips) . It seems to me that £10,000 was a pretty good approximation !
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-12-08

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:07 pm

Doesn't "BMW" stand for something like "Bring More Wallet"?

Chris
Back to top Go down
sling08
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-02-18

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:27 pm

To
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:52 am

I do like the BMW, especially the 'sport'. At those prices it will take a lottery win for me do dole out that sort of money.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 8:47 am

The June 2012 Cycle World has tests of both BMW maxi-scooters interesting reading if you choose to pick it up. BMW seems to think the market is large and untapped here in the US.

Also here is another test:

BMW C650GT

I guess the world is discovering our big scooters!!! What is next? A Harley-Davidson scooter with straight pipes??? affraid
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:07 am

It reads more like a BMW press release rather than an objective review

One thing I noticed is that is a dry sump engine

Wonder what the pricing will be and how much you'd have to pay for
the BMW badge on the side ?
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:43 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:57 pm

Agree---BMW does have release problems...and at premium price with Taiwan heart and from what I gather, not great air management.

Final drive on oil bath doesn't bother me----my Messerschmitts at it and as I recall no adjustment or chain problems---at high mileages they did break rear axles. Maico Typhoon also had the enclosed chain, double but few were made.

As BMW owner since 1958, BMW often though puts stuff on the market and the customer tests----I speak German and as they told me on my R80RT that had a lot of problems---I rode too much! My fault...not their overpriced junk.
Back to top Go down
yamascooter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-07-05

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 6:57 pm

GHM-PM wrote:
The June 2012 Cycle World has tests of both BMW maxi-scooters interesting reading if you choose to pick it up. BMW seems to think the market is large and untapped here in the US.

Also here is another test:

BMW C650GT

I guess the world is discovering our big scooters!!! What is next? A Harley-Davidson scooter with straight pipes??? affraid
Yo Glenn...I bought a Red C 650 GT the 9th of Nov. and after 1,000 miles,it's been wonderful! This is My 3rd BMW ...and of course My first BMW scooter.I've always had good service on Beemers...no problems at all.Yes they are a little more expensive to buy,but not in the long run. I think they have come on board at a good time with a VERY good scoot.I'm 85 and have been on two wheels since 46,and have found that Scooters are great for us older riders. 90% fun with 10% effort! I still have 2 Harleys,but since I bought My first scoot 3 years ago (Yamaha Majesty) I've just about quit riding the lard assed things! Don't knock the 650...I think it will be the best one of the bunch! I thinkScooters are here to stay. By the way,I didn't know that Harley made Bikes with straight pipes! LOL.....ride safe,Beemerscoot.
Back to top Go down
Fatcatscooter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Fatcatscooter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-12-17

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 1:07 am

Victory BMW / Vespa Chandler let me borrow one for the week of the Phoenix Scooter Rally (GHM-PM) Glenn was there. it was the touring model, 650. I have nothing but rave reviews for it. I'm more of a vespa guy but have owned a Piaggio BV500 and now a silvering. This new BMW is amazing. It sounds like a mean street bike with stock pipes. Great styling and amazing leg room (I've had Burgman friends tell me the leg room is as good). Heated grips with temp control and heated driver and passenger seats as well. Automatic high control on the windshield. AMAZING storage space under. The 600 sport has a drop down "box" when parked to fit another helmet. It is amazingly fast. I had no problems keeping up with some crouch rockets. Handling is just as good. Took it down some desert mountain roads and just handled like a dream. It is a tall bike and has some weight to it, but nothing out of this world. The price is right in line (if not less) then the new Suzuki Maxi Scooters coming out and I'd personally rather have that BMW tag. 2 cylinders is really nice. And... unlike what Glenn posted... I almost won a slow drag (first to cross finish line looses) against a guy on a little honda ruckus and I had only been riding the BMW half a day. Just soooo well balanced!
Back to top Go down
yamascooter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 11:15 am

Fatcatscooter wrote:
Victory BMW / Vespa Chandler let me borrow one for the week of the Phoenix Scooter Rally (GHM-PM) Glenn was there. it was the touring model, 650. I have nothing but rave reviews for it. I'm more of a vespa guy but have owned a Piaggio BV500 and now a silvering. This new BMW is amazing. It sounds like a mean street bike with stock pipes. Great styling and amazing leg room (I've had Burgman friends tell me the leg room is as good). Heated grips with temp control and heated driver and passenger seats as well. Automatic high control on the windshield. AMAZING storage space under. The 600 sport has a drop down "box" when parked to fit another helmet. It is amazingly fast. I had no problems keeping up with some crouch rockets. Handling is just as good. Took it down some desert mountain roads and just handled like a dream. It is a tall bike and has some weight to it, but nothing out of this world. The price is right in line (if not less) then the new Suzuki Maxi Scooters coming out and I'd personally rather have that BMW tag. 2 cylinders is really nice. And... unlike what Glenn posted... I almost won a slow drag (first to cross finish line looses) against a guy on a little honda ruckus and I had only been riding the BMW half a day. Just soooo well balanced!
Nice to hear another testmony on the New BMW Scooter! I got mine the 9th of Nov. and love it! I live in the Mt's. of Western VA. and have ridden it in the twisties and on the super slab,and it is GREAT! You are right on about the handling and big bike feel! I also think that BMW has hit the mark with this machine. Time will tell.I would like to hear some more in-put on this Scoot. I'm thinking that by Summer they will be well introduced to the Scooter family.When people find that they can get a BMW for the price equal to the Burgman etc,I'm sure quality will show it's head! Ride safe and often!.....Beemer scoot.
Back to top Go down
c650gtowner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi guys bought one dec 8. Barely have 100 miles on it cuz of work and rain:( so far i like it nice bike. Sold the harley for it hopefully i dont regret it. Cant wait to hit the 1k mark to really gwr on it some....
Back to top Go down
yamascooter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 5:21 pm

c650gtowner wrote:
Hi guys bought one dec 8. Barely have 100 miles on it cuz of work and rain:( so far i like it nice bike. Sold the harley for it hopefully i dont regret it. Cant wait to hit the 1k mark to really gwr on it some....
Great! I'm sure You will love it. I've got over 1000 miles on mine,and I think it is far ahead of the Yamaha Majesty,which is a very good scoot.I didn't sell My Harley,but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if I had! I ride the Scooter every where....when it is warm enough. Cold here in VA now.Keep us posted on Your adventures with the Bike!....Beemerscoot.
Back to top Go down
c650gtowner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Jaja yea i have a 04 vtx and the one that got me started which is a 07 burgman 400 love that ride but wanted more power better handling etc and then the bmw comes out i was sold! I had a 650 burgman for alil bit but never warmed up to that tranny and then the whole cvt issues had me worried.. am looking for a taller windshield for my bmw do u know if any company makes one yet???
Back to top Go down
c650gtowner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 9:53 pm

Ohh mr. Yamascooter i have to ask wat kind of harley u got???? Lol still lobe them!! Just coukdnt afford both Sad
Back to top Go down
yamascooter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 5:00 pm

c650gtowner wrote:
Ohh mr. Yamascooter i have to ask wat kind of harley u got???? Lol still lobe them!! Just coukdnt afford both Sad
.....I have two Harleys....04 V-rod,with floor boards and soft saddle bags,for trips. I also have a '46 with side car. I rode the V-Rod to Sturgis this year,and it done great...on to Glacier N.Park...Bear tooth Pass etc,wonderful trip! Ride safe and often...Ray Mac.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 3:25 pm

The BMW scooter sounds great but I'm afraid if I had that much to spend on another bike I'd probably be looking for a low mileage Goldwing. I still miss my 1800. Either I'll get over it or I'll have a stablemate for the SW.
Back to top Go down
yamascooter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 10:07 pm

exavid wrote:
The BMW scooter sounds great but I'm afraid if I had that much to spend on another bike I'd probably be looking for a low mileage Goldwing. I still miss my 1800. Either I'll get over it or I'll have a stablemate for the SW.
..What!...just hearing You mention a goldwing while discussing Scooters,tells Me You havn't been properly Scooterized yet! When You have ridden the Beemer a coupla thousand miles,You will throw rocks at one of them lard assed gas guzzelers! LOL Really they will lose a lot of their appeal once You get fully Scooterized by the Beemer! Ride safe.....and often! Ray Mac.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Well after riding those lard-a** gas guzzlers for 15 years you kinda get attached to the idea. Actually the GL1800 gets 40-44mpg on the road so it's not all that far behind my SW. I'll most likely stay a one bike guy now, it's somehow fitting at my age that I finish off with a scooter seeing as I began with a Cushman scooter fifty five years ago. I don't sneer at scooters, I had a '04 SW previously that I foolishly sold to buy my Jeep TJ. I corrected that error by selling the GW an buying another SW. I'm looking forward to taking some road trips on this one. I mostly used my '04 for errands around town since the GW was a better long range machine. Now that it's gone I'll do it on the SW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BMW Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Scooter   BMW Scooter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BMW Scooter
Page 1 of 1