Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Rear shock longevity
Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!

Go down 
+10
Opalsboy
model28a
honda_silver
roadrunner
"Hi Yo"
toolboxjesse
ulflyer
bigbird
DickO
DarthJ
14 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! Empty
PostSubject: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:25 pm

Since I got mine, I have never seen another Silver Wing. Today, while towing mine from El Paso to California (helping my mom move, needed the truck too) Happened to see a Silver Wing after filling up in Tucson. Small world.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 1:38 am

Yeah Jim,
Same here in the NE Kansas area. Bought my Swing about 3 years ago and used it mainly for Patriot Guard and American Legion Riders missions. Saw a Burgman ridden by a lady on one mission a year and a half ago and just this past month we had a fella show up on a Burgman trike in our Legion group. He has since sold it and went to a regular "bike". So it's not unusual for there to be a dirth of these scooter type units practically anywhere you go. I've never seen another one on any of my "joy" rides in this area. Guess we'll just enjoy the 'uniqueness' of SWing ownership.

Edit Addition per next post: "bigbird" makes a darn good point in the next post... anyone who "is" anyone just has to have a "Harley"... Smile

Last edited by DickO on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:34 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ulflyer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ulflyer

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 7:55 am

Theres a small group (10-15) of us here in central N.C., that meet every wed morn for breakfast and ride afterwards. We call ourselves a scooter group, but in reality theres a wide variety of machines from 250 scooters up thru B650's, several SW's, a BMW or two, Goldwing, Yam 650, a HD, and a couple of Can Am's. In all the years I've been riding I've never felt discriminated against by any particular group of riders. Perhaps a bit of snobbishness by Beemer owners, occasionaly ignored by a HD rider, but no overt hostility. Even HD riders wave now, even when I'm on the Helix. Smile Except for ape hanger types......
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 8:44 am

ulflyer wrote:
Except for ape hanger types......

Don't you know- they can't wave. Most of those guys can barely ride and even the ones that can would lose control with those bizarre ergonomics!!
Back to top Go down
ulflyer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ulflyer

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 11:35 am

I started to say something like that but thot I'd be more circumspect....for a change Exclamation Laughing
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:59 pm

Scoot is winterized--- Terry is in rant mode. Who needs leaves to know seasons are changing. :lol!: I hope I'm laughing with you and not at you because I enjoy your posts; from your very helpful maintenance tips to your stereotyping of us in the U.S.A. Although I am offended when the stereotypes are so true. motorcycle
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:34 pm

x

Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:40 pm

Terry,

There are lots of RAV4s here in North Florida -- people seem to leave 'em alone. C'mon down! Shoot, trailer the Swing, it's still good riding weather (sorry about the tralier suggestion JG).
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:50 pm

x

Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 4:07 pm

bigbird wrote:
I'd love to trailer my Swing down but I have one minor problem: NO TRAILER!

Does it fit on the roof of the RAV4?? :lol!:
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 4:28 pm

Not to worry, I will make sure bigbird don't go into two wheel withdrawal during his Fl. vacation. sunny
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:51 am

Be careful Roger, you may convert BB into a Floridian. Those bikini covered beaches will take his mind off the RAV getting keyed or even stolen. Rage
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:10 pm

I soooo love beach season and the bathing beauties that go along with it. Fortunately, my gal doesn't mind my eyes appreciating their loveliness. As long as the HANDS don't wander.
Back to top Go down
Dale
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 12:52 pm

I had a 650 Burgman rider pull a U turn and follow me into the parking lot at work, just the other day. He wanted to say Hi and maybe we could get together for a ride. There's a 400 Burgman around that has stopped to chat, as well. There are Swing riders around who always seem surprised to see another one, but are always friendly. Scooters are few and far between, but definately on the increase. I say "quality over quantity".
Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 1:22 pm

H-D Riders looking down on S/Wing Riders, do you think S/Wing Riders look down on Vespa Riders? Just wondering. Ride Safe...Robert in Az.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 1:25 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wing Lady
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 3:13 am

There are a lot of Helix's in the Sun City West, Sun City area which I have had at least 10 of myself. Now I am seeing more and more of the Silver Wing's around those areas. I live about 4 miles from each area and in my area there are more Burgman's but I love my Silverwing. My best friend drives a Harley and she has no problem with my Wing except it is top heavy compared to the Helix's she has owned. Her boyfriend though sort of laughs when I join them for a ride. That is until I leave him in the dust at the stop signs Razz
Back to top Go down
TWJ74
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:42 pm

To those of you who are going to Fla. this winter,you need not leave your swing at home,I found that there are more than a few companys that will ship your ride to anywhere in the country.check it out on your computer.motorcycle shipping will get you to all the info you need.

Scooter Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!   Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saw a SWing today that wasn't mine!
Page 1 of 1