Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
Today would have been a good day for my SWing I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 12:16 pm

» Rear shock longevity
Today would have been a good day for my SWing I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Today would have been a good day for my SWing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Today would have been a good day for my SWing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Today would have been a good day for my SWing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Today would have been a good day for my SWing I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Today would have been a good day for my SWing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Today would have been a good day for my SWing I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Today would have been a good day for my SWing I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Today would have been a good day for my SWing I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Today would have been a good day for my SWing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Today would have been a good day for my SWing Empty
PostSubject: Today would have been a good day for my SWing   Today would have been a good day for my SWing I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi,

I went for a ride, in the car, with the family today. We started out in Fremont, Ca and drove to Santa Cruz and had a good time at the Wharf and Pier. My mother-in-law is over from Holland and has never been there before. We then went up Hwy 1 along the coast and then on Hwy 84. This ends up at "Alice's Restaurant", the song made famous by Arlo Guthrie.

We then continued on Hwy 84 until we go to Hwy 101 South and came home. So I am writing this because I have taken this route a few times with the scoot and it is a great ride, one of my favorite's. The entire time in the car I was wishing I was on the SWing. James, nick is just4cruzn, I know has taken these roads and they are great roads for riding. If anyone ever comes out to the S.F. bay area you need to tell me so we can set up a ride, or at least I can give you some nice routes to take. I am from Illinois and have been here for about 13 years and I'm still amazed at the huge number of great rides out here.

Well, I have said enough considering the fact I wasn't able to ride today. But the entire time in the car I was "staking out" my next ride.

Last edited by JeffR on Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Today would have been a good day for my SWing   Today would have been a good day for my SWing I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:16 pm

Thanks for sharing that w/us Jeff. 4me it's okay that you were riding in a car just as long as in spirit you were on your Swing, I've done it a lots of time and I'm not ashamed. Smile
james
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Today would have been a good day for my SWing   Today would have been a good day for my SWing I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:46 am

JeffR wrote:
I went for a ride, in the car, with the family today. We started out in Fremont, Ca and drove to Santa Cruz and had a good time at the Wharf and Pier.

I've been to Santa Cruz a couple of times .... I forget the name of the road, but the ocean road was very scenic -- a lot of famous California ocean pictures were from that area. I would have missed it, but someone asked if I had driven it and showed me.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Today would have been a good day for my SWing   Today would have been a good day for my SWing I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:50 am

Honda-Silver,

The road that goes along the coast is Hwy 1. It is a very scenic road and a great ride. But you can also take some roads going east, or inland, and they are very nice too. If you ever get back this way let me know and we can go for a good ride.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today would have been a good day for my SWing   Today would have been a good day for my SWing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Today would have been a good day for my SWing
Page 1 of 1