Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Best Outdoor Cover? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Best Outdoor Cover? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Best Outdoor Cover? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Best Outdoor Cover? I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Best Outdoor Cover? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Best Outdoor Cover? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Best Outdoor Cover? I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Best Outdoor Cover? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Best Outdoor Cover? I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Best Outdoor Cover? I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Best Outdoor Cover?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Best Outdoor Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Best Outdoor Cover?   Best Outdoor Cover? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:52 pm

I'm just getting my Swing back from being painted shortly. The previous owner had left it outside in the Texas sun a lot and it really showed - that and some jerk had keyed it in a couple spots. So now that it will have a nice fresh appearance I'd like to keep it that way as much as possible. Does anybody have a suggestion for a good UV protecting cover that will fit a swing with a Clearview windshield and Bestem top box?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Best Outdoor Cover?   Best Outdoor Cover? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:46 pm

Somerled wrote:
I'm just getting my Swing back from being painted shortly. The previous owner had left it outside in the Texas sun a lot and it really showed - that and some jerk had keyed it in a couple spots.

Where did this happen??

Somerled wrote:
So now that it will have a nice fresh appearance I'd like to keep it that way as much as possible. Does anybody have a suggestion for a good UV protecting cover that will fit a swing with a Clearview windshield and Bestem top box?

The Tyveck motorcycle cover ( http://www.adcoprod.com/motorcycle_covers_tyvek.htm ) looks promising.

I have the Clearview XL and purchased the GoldWing size from Walmart which covers the windshield and top box if I need to.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Best Outdoor Cover?   Best Outdoor Cover? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:16 pm

Try Riderwearhouse (Aerostich) #1733 and up. Quality and fits SilverWing with big windshield and GIVI Box. Folds up small.

Remember covers working in the wind and dust eat paint. Many idiot trailer bikers don't know this and their paint gets eaten as they tow.....usually for one trip.

My Aerostich cover worked in Europe and Korea and I use it now and then on trip---but bike is often dirty, so I just let sit out.

John Grinsel
Back to top Go down
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

PostSubject: Re: Best Outdoor Cover?   Best Outdoor Cover? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:24 pm

It happened in El Paso, Bill. The previous owner said he was at the mall here when it was keyed.

That Tyveck cover looks like just what I was looking for! I read the specs and it seems to answer John's concerns about dust and grit affecting the paint. The winds here do get going though so I will be mindful of this at such times. I'll order the Tyveck and let you know how it is. Found a decent price for it here. Not cheap no matter where you look but few things worth having are.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/Tyvek-HD-by-DuPont-Large/31520/&?&affiliateid=3274&cvsfa=2734&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3331353230
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Best Outdoor Cover?   Best Outdoor Cover? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Just one more 1/2 cover to look at. This cover fits over a tall GIVI windshield and top box. Seems like the world is just full of stuff to think about. sunny

https://www.silverwing600.com/t638-nelson-rigg-half-cover-my-first-look?highlight=cover
Back to top Go down
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

PostSubject: Re: Best Outdoor Cover?   Best Outdoor Cover? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 8:08 pm

Thanks, Dennis, that does look worth looking at. I think it would be nice to have when I'm out and about, but the Tyveck better for when I'm parked on base because of the blowing dust here. How does the Nelson-Rigg secure in the front? I couldn't see that in your picture and that would be a concern for me with the winds here.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Best Outdoor Cover?   Best Outdoor Cover? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 8:16 pm

This is one of those moments when I wish I still had my scooter. I fits snuggly under the front nose. Fits tight all the way around the bike.

We have some strong winds here in Oklahoma also.
Back to top Go down
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

PostSubject: Re: Best Outdoor Cover?   Best Outdoor Cover? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 8:56 pm

I'm sure you do! But that pic of your bike sure shows a heck of a lot greener land than we have here! Laughing

I think I will buy that cover too though. As I said earlier, it looks like a nice thing to have when I'm out and about.

Best Outdoor Cover? Moped_mazeguy
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Best Outdoor Cover?   Best Outdoor Cover? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 9:21 pm

If you look, you will notice the date on the post is 6/26/2009. Been dry and hot here also. Hotest summer since 1980.
Back to top Go down

Best Outdoor Cover?
Page 1 of 1