Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Outdoor Cover I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Outdoor Cover I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Outdoor Cover I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Outdoor Cover I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Outdoor Cover I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Outdoor Cover I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Outdoor Cover I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Outdoor Cover I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Outdoor Cover I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Outdoor Cover I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Outdoor Cover

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Outdoor Cover Empty
PostSubject: Outdoor Cover   Outdoor Cover I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:40 am

Hi, I'm a newbie here from Canada. I,m looking for a cover for my 2006 Silverwing with a Givi windscreen. I'd like to find something that I can take to work with me and can be put on quickly while the bike is still warm. Any suggestions out there? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Outdoor Cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outdoor Cover   Outdoor Cover I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:49 am

Hi Jeff,

Try this Nelson-Rigg - UV2000 in a XL :

http://www.sandhillspowersports.com/sandhills/OnlineStore.do?DSP=200&PCR=1:70000:70009&IID=nelsonrigg_uv2000_06

DennisB
Back to top Go down
Janice
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Janice

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Outdoor Cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outdoor Cover   Outdoor Cover I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:06 am

Hi jeffp
Welcome. What part of Canada are you from? - I'm in Toronto.
I use a Guardian Motorcycle cover, but only at home. It's a little bulky to pack but it has insulated patches so it can be put on while the scoot is still hot. Why are you covering it - for protection from the elements, or to hide it from prying eyes? If it's just to protect it from the elements, I usually just take a dry towel and a plastic bag with me so I can dry off the necessary parts - seat, dash, handles, etc, if it rains, then put the wet towel into the bag to protect the interior of the trunk. If it's to protect it from prying eyes, someone on a motorcycle forum suggested taking an old sheet to throw over it.
Back to top Go down

Outdoor Cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outdoor Cover   Outdoor Cover I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi, Janice. I'm in Winnipeg. The reason for the cover at work is our parking lot is very dusty and also to protect it from the hot sun. I'd like to keep it as pristine as possible. Also I'd like to be able to cover the bike as soon as I get there because I don't have time to let it cool down and come back later.
Back to top Go down
Janice
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Janice

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Outdoor Cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outdoor Cover   Outdoor Cover I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:48 pm

Maybe you should get a cover to leave at work if it's possible. The Guardian cover I use is great, and as I said, has heat resistant panels so is good to go when everthing is still hot, and covers from top to bottom. They come in different sizes, so there should be one to fit. It's just a beast to pack around - once you unfold it from its nice neat package, and it gets all dirty and damp,it's not anything I would want to put back in the trunk.
Back to top Go down

Outdoor Cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outdoor Cover   Outdoor Cover I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:31 am

I ordered the one Dennis suggested from my local motorcycle shop. Looks to be just right. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Outdoor Cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outdoor Cover   Outdoor Cover I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outdoor Cover
Page 1 of 1