Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Final Drive Noise banished
Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Rear shock longevity
Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Dr Pulley Slider Installation

Go down 
+18
Cosmic_Jumper
MarkB
donkeyhater
Vealie
johnd
roadrunner
old fart
goldwinger
andyman
IDwingit
The Scootist
toolboxjesse
ThePPH
honda_silver
RAYJASPER
Daboo
bigbird
Gar Gentry
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 8:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Completed the Dr Pulley Slider installation (26g) today and it wasn't as hard as I thought. Took my time, about 2 hours, but I did some cleaning while inside the case (dry brush, air hose). I went by the pictoral that JeffR posted some 2 1/2 years ago. Only have 3,080 mi on my Swing but there was a moderate amount of belt residue. Polished the roller/slider channels with fine steel wool but did not use any solvent or lubricant (anywhere). Did use an electric impact wrench to remove the 17mm variator bolt but my homemade variator tool is 30 inches long which can wedge against the ground while freeing up both hands for the ratchet. Manually torqued bolt to 76 ft/lbs as recommended by Honda service manual. Does anybody recommend using blue threadlock on the variator bolt? I did NOT.
My check ride today was only about 10 miles because it was 105 degrees outside but here is what I experienced:
A noticeable reduction in vibration (no more tingling in the handgrips).
A noticeable increase in overall acceleration, especially midrange.
At 55mph-4500rpm
At 70mph-5300rpm

Back to top Go down
http://gentry.hugh@gmail.com

AuthorMessage
IDwingit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 2:41 pm

according to unionmaterials the fake sliders might actually cause premature heat build up AND wear to the backside of the variator. The material that the real sliders are made of is supposed to be friendly to aluminum of the variator.
Back to top Go down
andyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:34 pm

bigbird wrote:
Can you elaborate, as in what the 26gr offered and where they were lacking for your needs.
Thanks.

I wanted similar acceleration to the Jcosta and the 26gr weights were better than stock, but not as much as I wanted. I didn't know that without testing though, so now I know. It's not worth it to dig into it again, just good info for the next set.

If these possible knockoff weights cause damage to my variator, no worries, I have a spare on the shelf ready to throw in. I've put 3000+ miles on them so far without problem. This winter I'll most likely swap them out for 24gr weights.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:36 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:56 pm

bigbird wrote:
The Scootist wrote:
Bigbird:
I just switched from 26g sliders to 22g sliders. It seems like my gas mileage has stayed in the mid 50 mpg range. When I crack the throttle the engine rpms jump to 5200 to 5500 and the accelleration is pretty darn close to what I had with the J Costa on my 2007 Swing. I will track my gas mileage and let you know how it does for the next few tanks.

I just got the 26gr sliders. I really want to keep the rpm on acceleration down in the 4k-4.5k rpm range.
Tell me, at 60 mph indicated on flat level ground with steady throttle, what does your tach show with the 22gr sliders? Mine is dead on 4.5k rpm with the 28gr.
Thanks.

Bigbird:
I am in the process of tracking my rpms at various speeds. I usually cruise at an indicated speed of 65 mph and my tach indicates just a hair under 4700 rpms. At 70 mph it is a hair over 5000 rpms. (a "hair" is about the width of the needle) I will monitor this week and post more refined readings.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:31 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 10:08 pm

Bigbird:
I am having a blast with this. I think you will like the 24 g sliders. But I have to say, it is really helpful to have so many others trying different weights at the same time. I think your observation is correct. The different weight sliders make a lot of difference at low rpms, but once the rpms get over a certain speed, it seem like the weight difference doesn't matter as much. FYI - When I filled my tank it took 3.3 gallons and I travelled 175 miles for an average of 53 mpg. (some 2-up, some at triple digits, and a lot at 70 to 80 mph)
Back to top Go down
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Registration date : 2011-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 1:02 pm

I can say that I am getting 55mpg solid every time. I can get over 200 miles on my range now and I used to gas up at around 165 pushing it before I got the sliders. My RPM with 24 gram sliders appear identical to the 22 gram sliders and the 26 gram sliders. One thing I am noticing is that my scooter will now hold on to higher RPM much longer than I like, even when I am slowly building speed. When I am WOT it has a noticeable gear down at 75mph indicated. You can actually feel it just like a gear change in an automatic car and the revs will drop from 7000 to 5500 and as I let off the gas I can bring the scooter back to a cruise at 60mph right at 4500 RPM or 65mph at about 4700 RPM. 70 Now checks in right at 5000 or barely above. Every now and then I can continue cruising up to 60 or 65mph and keep the speed and watch as the gear change happens a little less abruptly and then the tach needle falls to the normal cruising rpm we talked about. I believe I am having a noticeable hang up but I am taking everything apart again tonight to put the new belt on and I will give the inner variator ramps a serious cleaning this time around and add the dry lube before putting it back together to see if this smooths the transition during part throttle accelerations. I am wondering if anyone else is having this happen to them as well.
Back to top Go down
goldwinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
goldwinger

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 1:24 pm

Uh oh, all this talk is getting me itchy again.......lol......I have a nice new set of 21g sliders sitting on the shelf, ready for action. OK, so do I go all 21g or half and half with my 26g that I put in before my France trip?
Decisions , decisions........... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 1:26 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
goldwinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
goldwinger

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 1:49 pm

From a little know supplier named Buggy Parts NW...........lol
I had an excellent service from Mike, who even took my call on a holiday Monday when he saw the "out of town" number!!!
I bought both sets of sliders when I ordered the V4 Hit, as it saved paying more carriage at a later date.

Ian

Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 1:57 pm

x

Back to top Go down
goldwinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
goldwinger

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 2:14 pm

I couldn't find a supplier in the UK Terry, so I went with the advice on here, and called Mike. I think Mike charged me $50 carriage for the lot, which I was happy with. Plus, he put the value on the goods as $300 , so I only payed V.A.T (UK bloody tax) on that instead of £300 ($480). When I thanked him for being so smart, he said he'd dealt with our VAT tax before, so knew what to do to help out. GOOD MAN!!!

Ian
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:15 pm

x

Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:20 am

I have been offline for a few days. I hadn't received the 26g sliders by the end of last week and I got an email from the guy who I ordered them from on Ebay that said that the sliders were being held back by Union Material due to a mold problem. Not sure if he's FOS but he offered to refund me or let me wait.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:36 am

x

Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 5:12 pm

x

Back to top Go down
old fart
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
old fart

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Dr. Pulley sliders   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 6:50 pm

I recently installed the Dr. Pulley sliders (28g) I bought off ebay from the seller from Taiwan. I believe he has been cut off from Union material. Too bad. They were a good deal. ($26.00)
They are genuine Dr. Pulley.
My opinion is that they are outstanding.
My RPM at top speed (140km/hr) has dropped 500 rpm.
My scoot is a lot smoother.
I'm not sure I understand the difference between the different weights.
Can some one please explain the difference. (weights for dummies??) version please.
They are so good I don't know why Honda didn't figure this one out.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 7:33 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 7:36 pm

royr wrote:
...I'm not sure I understand the difference between the different weights.
Can some one please explain the difference. (weights for dummies??) version please...
Lighter weights will give you higher rpms at low speeds...which will translate into better acceleration.

Higher weights will give you lower rpms at high speeds...which will translate into better gas mileage.

Somewhere in between, you'll find a happy medium.

Chris
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 5:11 pm

x

Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 8:40 am

There's been so much posted on the forum about the Dr. Pulley sliders that the answer to my question is probably here somewhere, but I haven't found it.

My question is, do the Dr.Pulley sliders simply replace the rollers in the stock Honda variator? That's all you have to buy -- the sliders?
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 11:05 am

x

Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 6:22 am

So all included it took more than a month to receive my 26g sliders, but I worked out a deal with the guy I bought them from on Ebay and I'm not unhappy with the solution. I can confirm that they are indeed official Dr Pulley sliders.
I installed them on Sunday (I couldn't find the CRC Dry Lube but found a similar product by Liquid Wrench), took a 30 mile errand run and I am pleased with the results! It takes off so smoothly, definitely accelerates faster and the RPMs at highway speed have dropped. I'll know tonight when I fill up if gas mileage has improved.

Thanks to everyone for all of your advice.
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Dr. Pullys   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 11:34 am

I, under the recommendation form Big Bird also bought my 26g Dr's form Mike and also had great service. he said that he sells the 26g to about 70% of the people as compared to the 28g.

I made the wood tool to hold the drive pully face and only had minor problems. One was sitting like an indian with my legs crossed was a real pain. Age? Ha ha

and remembering where each of the bolts went to was the other.

It only took an hr and and 15 min to complete the job and will ride to work this morning.

Before doing the work I went on a 52.6 mile ride. Flat road, tall screen, Diablo's and I live at sea level in California.

What the happened? Last year I was getting 52 mpg. and now only 45.5 mpg.

My RPM at 60mpr. was 4900. At 40 they were 4000.

Hopefully things will improve with the new Dr's installed. cheers
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 11:49 am

x

Back to top Go down
Vealie
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Vealie

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 2:51 pm

Anybody know what the original Honda sliders weigh?
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:41 pm

x

Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:08 am

Original belt and the V-light came on at about 15,800 miles. I driver it like I stole it. The plugs have about 35000 mil on them and I use ones recommended here.
I went to work today with the 26g installed. I almost smoked the rear tire, but had no top end.
When I got home I called the Buggy place and he said I must have not installed them incorrectly, so this weekend I have yet one more project.

You are dead right about installing a new belt. I did and the slap,chatter or belt noise is gone
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:10 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 11:21 am

That is perfect. Thanks. My ride has only 3500 on the plugs. And not 35000.
I had tea this morning instead of my regular coffee. Evil or Very Mad
have a great day, off to make do-re-me. Happy
Back to top Go down
donkeyhater
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Why would anyone mix slider weights? Such as 4 of heavier weights and 4 of a lighter weight.

It would seem to me that whichever four of the weights move, they are the ones that would be in contact with the movable drive face, thus determining the position (gear ratio) of the drive pulley. Why wouldn't you want all eight of the sliders in contact with the movable drive face at any given time?
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:41 pm

x

Back to top Go down
MarkB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MarkB

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Hi. I'm a newbie - both to riding and to maintaince.

After all I've read from this blog and sites it points to, I very much want to get Dr Pulley 26g sliders... but the sites I went to to order it describe the sizes - not the weight (ie., 22x16) - or something similar and then give a choice of weights for that size!

But what size do I need for the Swing for the 26g sliders?

Thanks muchly.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:46 pm

x

Back to top Go down
MarkB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MarkB

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 8:41 pm

Thanks, Bigbird.

Put me down as one of the silent majority who is learning an aweful lot about an aweful lot. I really enjoy the different topics and all the helpful postings.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:48 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:18 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:18 pm

bigbird wrote:
. [Edit] I also changed the final drive oil. I measured how much oil came out, which was 340 mL. When I had filled it last, I had filled it to barely overflowing out the fill hole without measuring volume. The manual says the capacity is 310mL, yet full is when some oil runs out. So, how much oil should go in, 310mL or to overflowing? I compromised and put in 320mL, which was not to overflowing.

If you rotate the rear wheel after you 'finish' refilling the final drive you'll purge any air pockets in the final drive. Then you can add a bit more oil.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:38 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:41 pm

Many thanks for all this information Bigbird,it really is educational. Am i right in thinking you either have Rollers or Sliders in the Variator? i think this is were iam getting a little confused by reference to both.Do either require any form of lubrication when they are fitted. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 3:54 pm

Back to top Go down
http://gentry.hugh@gmail.com
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 6:03 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 6:19 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 1:12 pm

Thanks once again for doing all the research and experiments for us,Bigbird, this will certainly save me a lot of time and trouble in the future
Back to top Go down
TxS'wingrider64
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
TxS'wingrider64

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:10 pm

OK. I'm sold on the 24g sliders (almost) Smile . I only have one question, and the answer may be in here somewhere, but I haven't found it. As I understand it, the lower weight of the slider (24g vs 26 or 28g) allows for higher rpms during take-off, but the same rpms at highway speeds. Does this mean that your effective top-end speed is the same, no matter which weight slider you use? And, if so, would your fuel economy be about the same, on mostly highway driving? (OK, two questions!) pig
Thanks,
Tracy
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 6:24 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TxS'wingrider64
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
TxS'wingrider64

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks, Bigbird. That's my understanding of it, as well. I just wanted to make sure. I tried to order 24g sliders from BuggypartsNW today, but they are apparently out of stock. I considered buying your 26g sliders, instead, but think I will be happier waiting on the 24's.
Thanks again,
Tracy
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:29 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:57 am

Good morning.
It is really very simple. rollers role and sliders slide. Ha Ha Smile
The rollers that came originally in your scooter are 28g and are round. The sliders are more triangular in shape and do not require any type of lubrication. Although some, including my self use a small amount of dry graphite powder on the sliders when installing.

Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 10:56 am

Actually...they both slide. Smile

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr Pulley Slider Installation
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next