Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link) I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Today at 4:33 pm

» New member from Europe
Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link) I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link) I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link) I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link) I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link) I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link) I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link) I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link) I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link) Empty
PostSubject: Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link)   Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:12 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
old fart
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
old fart

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: slider wear   Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 9:36 pm

I just looked at the Dr. Pulley slider installation on you tube and then it dawned on me. The lines on the weights are actually wear bars. Is that right Bigbird???
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link)   Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:45 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link)   Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:02 am

I believe the "lines" or grooves are simply there to indicate the top of the weight. That portion of the DPS weight doesn't wear.

I put my DPS weights in for awhile with that groove turned to the outside of the variator. The effect was incredible. It was like adding 100ccs to my engine.

I opened the throttle to merge onto the freeway and the bike leaped forward with the rpms jumping immediately to about 6500 and climbing very fast to 7500. At 7500, the bike "shifted"...probably by moving onto a different face of the DPS. At this point, the bike continued accelerating extremely fast climbing to 7500...

...and at that point, I had to back off because I was going to run over some cars in front of me.

They aren't designed to be that way, but the effect was great. It put the rpms up even higher than when placed correctly...which put the engine quicker into the high part of the power band.

Chris
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link)   Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:08 am

Daboo wrote:
I believe the "lines" or grooves are simply there to indicate the top of the weight. That portion of the DPS weight doesn't wear.

That is correct.

The deep groove across the width of the sliders was there when I received my sliders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link)   Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Correct installation of Dr. Pulley sliders (youtube link)
Page 1 of 1