Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Front forks I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Front forks I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Front forks I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Front forks I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Front forks I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Front forks I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Front forks I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Front forks I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Front forks I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Front forks I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Front forks

Go down 
+3
JeffR
joncallihan
mr fish
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Front forks Empty
PostSubject: Front forks   Front forks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm

Hello one and all

I was wondering if all silverwing forks are soft, and if so if their was a way to make them stiffer???

Also i know its a scoot but it feels like it has a hinge in the middle when going round sweeping bends at 75-90mph could this be due to the forks?? or should i calm down a bit Laughing

thanks for any help

john
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Front forks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front forks   Front forks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 2:07 pm

I've only had about 1500 miles of Swing experience, but I feel exactly the same about it.

I've seen several posts on the other Swing site about stiffer springs being both available and improving the handling. The single triple clamp can't help either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Front forks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front forks   Front forks I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:12 am

I had the Hyperpro front springs installed and it really helps a lot. It gives it more of a m/c feel in my opinion. They only cost about $155 so they aren't too bad in price. You may want to consider them. Bernardo also has them and I think he has made some posts with those included.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Front forks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front forks   Front forks I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:14 am

Thanks for the info i shall see if we have these or something like them this side of the pond but i sadly feel its gonna be hard to track some down, we are a nation of sport bike riders and not many big scoots Neutral (but i will change the thinking )lol

john
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

Front forks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front forks   Front forks I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:26 am

mr fish wrote:
Thanks for the info i shall see if we have these or something like them this side of the pond but i sadly feel its gonna be hard to track some down, we are a nation of sport bike riders and not many big scoots Neutral (but i will change the thinking )lol

john

Hi John, (and Jon!)

My local "independant" bike dealer (in UK Exclamation )

http://www.davewoodracing.com/

was able to source a set of "hyperpro" progressive springs for my Silver Wing. That said, his usual supplier had initially said they didn't do them for the Silver Wing, to which my friendly dealer explained that he had a customer standing next to him who said that Hyperpro do make them for the Silver Wing..... So the supplier contacted hyperpro, and apprently they weren't in the supplier's catalogue. They got some springs sent out.. They are a Dutch company, so with a bit of assertive web searching/phone calls, I'm sure you will be able to get a pair..... Also, try out these people....

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo/567200/Handling/Fork-Springs/Hyperpro

The springs make a big difference, and for me anyway have all but eliminated that spongey weavy feel leaning over at high speed. Note that I also have laminar lip and ears fitted, which improves the aerodynamics big style, and I am convinced also adds to high speed stability.

You'll find a lot of useful info if you have a search through the mods section...

https://www.silverwing600.com/silver-wing-accessories-modifications-f5/

Specifically, to read more about the hyperpro springs, check out these threads

https://www.silverwing600.com/silver-wing-accessories-modifications-f5/hyperpro-progressive-springs-t91.htm

https://www.silverwing600.com/silver-wing-accessories-modifications-f5/comprehensive-review-honda-fjs-600-abs-silver-wing-t144.htm

:D
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Front forks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front forks   Front forks I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:27 pm

Thanks for the information Gents! My very low mileage 04 bike has a front end that I can only describe as 'boingy' - not something that happend when I took another SWing Scoot out on a test ride Wink I've had a chat with my dealer friend, who confirmed my suspicion that the fork oil probably hasn't been changed since the bike was built and has lost its damping abilities.

The recommended service interval on my other SWing (83 model) is 24 months, so I suspect that 'Betty the Scooter' is well overdue this little job.

I've decided to let the dealers do it this time as a. I am not familiar enough with the bike and I want a pro to check it over before I lay a spanner on it, and b. if they are going to do the fork oil then they can also bung in a set of progressive fork springs at the same time! Smile
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Front forks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front forks   Front forks I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:43 am

I got a chance to ride Cosmic Jumper's Swing with the Hyperpros and it really felt much more solid. I'm a heavy boy, and the Hyperpros seemed to really make for a much smoother ride, even over bumpy pothole-pockmarked Philly roads.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ezridersscooterclub.com
walmac
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
walmac

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-12-08

Front forks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front forks   Front forks I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:44 am

HI i fitted some Hyperpro fork springs a couple of monthe ago.What a difference they make to the handling well worth doing.
I had no problem obtaining them in the UK.Also fairly easy to fit,so go for it.

regards
Wal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Front forks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front forks   Front forks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front forks
Page 1 of 1