Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Ride around the Great Lakes I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Ride around the Great Lakes I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Ride around the Great Lakes I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Ride around the Great Lakes I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Ride around the Great Lakes I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Ride around the Great Lakes I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Ride around the Great Lakes I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Ride around the Great Lakes I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Ride around the Great Lakes I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Ride around the Great Lakes I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Ride around the Great Lakes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Ride around the Great Lakes Empty
PostSubject: Ride around the Great Lakes   Ride around the Great Lakes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:36 pm

Hi all,

Bob and I are in Mackinaw City, MI. We changed our ride plans three times. We decided to take A Mad Map tour around the Great Lakes.

We left Saturday, the 25th. Stayed in Sturgeon Bay, WI a couple of nights. Went up to the UP of Michigan stayed in Houghton MI, and Van Riper State Park last night. Boy it got cold. Did I mention we are camping Shocked

We plan on seeing the Soo locks tomorrow and some other stuff in Sault Ste. Marie. We will work our way down Lake Huron and cross over to the Lake Michigan side and head back to Chicago. We should be home before the 4th.

We are having a great time. Catch up with you later. I will try to post pictures when I get back home. Happy 4th of July early everyone on this side of the pond.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
sanjiyan69
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
sanjiyan69

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Ride around the Great Lakes   Ride around the Great Lakes I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:40 am

should stop by Grand Rapids....I've seen a few SWings around here...
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Ride around the Great Lakes   Ride around the Great Lakes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:24 pm

Hi everyone,

Got back to Chicago, on Saturday, July 2nd. Had a great time with one exception. Was in a parking lot when I was getting on the bike when it started going down on me. I couldn't keep it or myself from falling. I did not realize the incline I had parked on. I will know next time.

I have some scratches on the left side and I broke part of the windshield off not to bad. I did fall on my left side and I hurt my ribs and left wrist. The wrist is fine but my ribs are still hurting. I did have to ride home about 600 miles after it happened. It wasn't to bad. The ribs hurt more after I got home. I have to go back to work tomorrow. We rode a total of over 1900 miles. We had fun.

I will try and get some pictures posted soon.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Ride around the Great Lakes   Ride around the Great Lakes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Hey Cathy... no jokes this post... I am sorry to hear about your spill. If those ribs keep hurting, you may need to have them looked at. I learned to hug a pillow when I broke some a few years ago. Not much Dr could do. It doesn't take much to break or dislocate ribs. You take it easy for a few days. Let the man of the house wait on you while you recover.

Glad you weren't hurt worse.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Ride around the Great Lakes   Ride around the Great Lakes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:00 pm

Thanks Gary,

I have been taking some Tylenol #3's I had left over from a previous ankle surgery. I have put a call into the doctor today. I figured no point over the holiday weekend.

I find it strange how I had less pain when it happened and the day after then when after I got home. Good thing though since I had 600 miles to ride to get home. OH! did I tell you "NO RAIN" this time. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Ride around the Great Lakes   Ride around the Great Lakes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Tylenol #3s have a small amount of Codeine. Can cause loss of memory. Could have stormed and you not remember.
Not unusual for pain to surface a few days after an injury. You take care and get well.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Ride around the Great Lakes   Ride around the Great Lakes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:42 pm

Didn't have the T3's till after I got home.

I'm glad it didn't surface until I got home. I would of been happier if it hadn't surfaced at all. Thank's for your concern. Good night. Need to get up for work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
jobo2mi
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
jobo2mi

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2011-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Ride around the Great Lakes   Ride around the Great Lakes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:48 pm

I got knocked over by a scoot I had a few years ago ... ribs hurt for weeks ... I found out why when I finally went to Dr. ... i had broken a rib ... again .... hurts like hell, not much they can do abou it, pain pills until you can breathe comfortably, hug a pillow to cough ... hope you don't havea broken rib Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.josbooks4kids.com
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Ride around the Great Lakes   Ride around the Great Lakes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:42 pm

Thanks Scooter Jo,

I hope I don't have a broken rib either. I have to be ready for the STO Rally in September. I do feel better today. I'm hoping it is just bruised.
Back to top Go down

Ride around the Great Lakes
Page 1 of 1